The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 98 of 100 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 1989

OMG SPEAKING OF BBQ~~~~!!!!! we went to this place called the SHED and I tell you what it's no more then a hilly billy backcountry old shed filled to the brim with customers they make THE BEST bbq on the face of the planet so much so they are name the #1 place in AMERICA for BBQ i think we should all donate our resques to the SHED and have some AMAZING filly gelding sandwiches. WHOS DOWN FOR THE SHED??!!!! http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/yes.gif http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/yes.gif http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/yes.gif http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/yes.gif
    *No horses to Slaughter Clique, Rossbacher Gamaholics Clique, International Velvet Movie Lovers Clique, Member of the Deep South Support Group, Confused Member of the \"What is BOSS??\" Cult..er..CLIQUE, PROUDEST MEMBER of the Irrelevant Posters Cliqu

MCM thats because RAMBO is a Norwegian horse!!! they dont have computers in NORWAY GOSH....everyone knows that!!! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...n_rolleyes.gif
    *No horses to Slaughter Clique, Rossbacher Gamaholics Clique, International Velvet Movie Lovers Clique, Member of the Deep South Support Group, Confused Member of the \"What is BOSS??\" Cult..er..CLIQUE, PROUDEST MEMBER of the Irrelevant Posters Cliqu

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sabina:
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by naters:
    We could call it a BNT Roast

That would be a Bacon Nosed Trainer, then?

Recipe:
    Wrap bacon around Mountain Oysters, and skewer and grill over hot mesquite charcoal. Brush with Secret Resque Sauce and serve.

Now, let me type "Kevin" into this and try googling it and seeing if we get the six degrees of separation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Definitely would be a great addition to the resque!
    FREE TACK/APPAREL ADS: BITS AND BARTER BOARD: http://bitsandbarter.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=5450

RHF - I vote for Dixies in Washington STate. It is proper BBQ because the guy who runs it is from Louisiana. It used to be a garage, but the restaurant part got too popular (how redneck is that?).

When you going to come visit - I have some prospects for you to view.
    Chief Irrelevant Poster and member of the Broken Leg Brigade.

I wouldn't event at all, but it feels SO GOOD when you complete in one piece...

the shed is in the crap hole of mississippi, i think there may even be some squirrel in it! They even play hill billy music and there toilets are in shower stalls, and the mens toilet is just a big water trough with a drain!! you have to eat outside by the bon fires unless you want to be cramped inside at the bar. And they come out with your food and scream you name when it's ready! It also comes it black stryfoam
    boxes.
    I will definitly have to see your prospects it may bring a whole new life to the shed

Originally from Greensboro, NC --- Now in Bristol, VA

mcm - if you had wireless internet and a laptop, you could get online while locking yourself into the bathroom. duh

try luggin a freakin pc in there...specially if you are at the SHED...whew

where the cheese whiz is everyone, batman?

we know mcm is locked in the bathroom

and TABLE is probably writing her inmate boyfriend she found on meetaninmate

and i am hopelessely posting before heading off to bed...

but where is everyone else...bad night shift, bad.

OH, I'm here, just hopelessly distracted by the hotness that is Jorge the serial killer, mraow.

Sorry I've been gone for a while. I made the mistake of reading the "Not for the weak stomach-WTF" thread and decided to experiment to add some excitement for Mr Jetsmom and me..
    So First I bought a duck. Not just ANY duck. This was the Marilyn Monroe of ducks. I took it to an expensive bird vet for a check up, but I think the vet was a Quack. Then I stopped by Walgreens and Picked up the "Warming KY jelly". Well, that was a mistake. There we were...Me in my Dairy Milk maid outfit and Mr Jetsmom in his farmer overalls with one pissed off duck, and gooey feathers stuck everywhere! THen the "Warming" part kicked in and the ducks A$$ started to get the same smell,( minus the A la 'Orange sauce) as the duck dinner in the French restaurant we like to visit. We now had 1 bare a$$ed, irate duck in a feather-strewn house. The duck got loose, so we just opened the doors figuring he'd leave. Unfortunately, at about the same time a flock of migrating ducks was flying by and heard the comotion and started coming into the house. Then the local PETA rep was driving by and saw the duck-catastrophe. He quickly organized a sit-in protest with 18 other PETA supporters. The neighbors saw all of the people and smelled burning duck and thought we were throwing a party, and didn't invite them so they called the police. The police showed up and took one look at my milking maid outfit and MR Jetsmom's overalls, the 18 people sitting out front and all the ducks and they thought we were running a farm without a proper business license so they fined us 1500.00.
    It took me 3 days to remove all of the ducks and feathers, and I hadn't had a chance to ride, so when I finally did, I got bucked off. My Dr recommended water therapy, so we flew to the Bahamas and went snorkling. That's where I saw the Bottle Nosed Dolphin....
    I remembered that Dolphins are supposed to be fun...
    So I quickly pointed him out to Mr Jetsmom. We got the brilliant idea of rubbing tuna all over Mr Jetsmom's body to attract the Dolphin. Once properly scented, Mr Jetsmom dove into the sea seeking aquatic bliss. Well, you know what else likes Tuna????? Manatees. You know those 800 lb slow moving mammals that look like a cross between a walrus and a brick wall...Yeah, them. Well, that 'ol Manatee sure took a liking to Mr Jetsmom. Last I saw, they were heading out somewhere into the Gulf Stream with Mr Jetsmom screaming... Me? I'm back home with a really nice tan, waiting for the life insurance to pay up, so I can purchase some more Gypsy Vanners.

PS- the duck says Quack!

I've decided to come out of the bathroom...(actually, I was at the movies with a friend but the bathroom sounds much better!)

cSi -- But everyone else knows about Rambo so why don't other people have websites dedicated to him? Damn Norwegians!

jetsmom -- What is the duck's name?! Is he cute? Can we breed it to Snappy Pants horse, Snap? Sorry to hear about Mr. Jetsmom...but I hear manatees throw good parties!
    ***Honorary Member of the "What is BOSS?" Cult...er...CLIQUE***
    ***Prominent Member of the 'Irrelevent Posters Clique'***
    CrayolaPosse ~ Bluegreen

Wow, I am so impressed with myself. I just sneezed while I had my mouth crammed full of rice cracker, and everything stayed inside my mouth. It took some effort, and I think one of my eyeballs popped out instead, but I'm so proud!

Should I call a vet?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eventable:
    Wow, I am so impressed with myself. I just sneezed while I had my mouth crammed full of rice cracker, and everything stayed inside my mouth. It took some effort, and I think one of my eyeballs popped out instead, but I'm so proud!

Should I call a vet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am crying with laughter. Thank-you, for making me PEE my PANTS!
    ---------------------------
    "i'm from ca-na-da, and they think i'm slow, eh."

even TABLE: good job. i'm impressed...not many people can do that...

mcm - don't try to deny the fact that you locked yourself in the bathroom...whaddja go see?

i'm tired, and i've gotta go to work...think we can get to page 100 by tonight? i hope so! woohoo! back at 5!

And with that.....work begins. I wonder if I bribe my boss with flax seed cookies he will let me leave early. Or maybe he will turn into a horse and then....oh never mind, I know where you guys will take that statement.

So the truck full of Mexicans and myself have set up shop in NJ (why am I back here again??). They are very savy business men and they play our clients very well while they kill me on the profits. So now I'm riding 15 horses a day and teaching 20 lessons to kids who can't ride at all. Oh well, I just have to build up my business again. My old boyfriend the BNT came by to check up on me and his baby and found her riding the horses for me. He freaked out and said I was exploiting her talents at such a young age and he should be in charge of her training. I considered the black mail card and though better of telling him the truth that a tripod is the father.

The foalt is getting amazing! I've got to bring him to a show soon. We have really figured the leaping thing out and now he can extend and collect. It is a little bouncy but he can jump the barn!

I need some advice.....all of my horse's hooves seem to be falling off. I have had them in stacked shoes from day one and I never pick their feet out and they just swam for like a week straight and then were turned out on mud. That's OK right? How should I fix this?
    Proud Member of the 'Irrelevent Posters Clique'
    The sun on your withers, the wind in your mane....

Jetsmom, I am sorry to hear about the duck incident. Just when you expect things to go so smoothly....just a shame. I hope Mr.Jetsmom finds his way back!

Can we pretty pretty please have a title change? You can make it duck related!

MCM - sounds like a great deal to me!!!!

Snap - get a chiro out IMMEDIATELY and give them BOSS (duh) and garlic. Then since you are so poor, take the feet that have already fallen off and give the glue factory a call. Don't worry, you didn't do anything wrong, it's that damn sand in the ring in NZ. My barrel racing fillygelding's entire leg fell off, consider yourself lucky http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...n_rolleyes.gif
    Strong promoter of READING the entire post before responding.

Oh thank goodness Finders, I was freaking out! Sounds like a great idea to sell them to the glue factory, I really could use that extra cash!

What is our venue this weekend? How about a circus since all of these horses are ready for the freak show?

Hey guys, serious question here and please don't flame me!

So it is like 130 degrees here not counting the humidity. How hot is too hot to ride? And conversly, how cold is too cold to ride, especially if you don't have an indoor?

BUMP---anyone??? My horse is panting really hard and dripping sweat....I need to know if it is too hot to ride?!

Oh, Snap, thats easy.

he is sweating because you are letting him drink too much water.

Dump out all of his water buckets, and empty the water trough.

If you don't let him drink then he won't sweat, and THEN you can ride.

That way you don't get your TS breeches sweaty/dirty.

I mean, really, don't you have a BNT to tell you all of this when they get out of bed with the judges????

http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif
    FREE TACK/APPAREL ADS: BITS AND BARTER BOARD: http://bitsandbarter.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=5450