The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Well since I passed my "due date" a week ago, I was really hoping to say I foaled! but apparently Baby is very comfy and just going to hang out for a little while longer.

I had fetal non stress test yesterday to check that baby is still doing fine, everything is all good and my midwife said I could go at any time and not to worry about it, just relax and enjoy being spoiled. Also got the go ahead to be pregnant for as long as it takes, which is super since I was really stressing that there would be pressure to induce after 42 weeks, likely I will go before then anyway though as my body is gearing up.

Several times a day I get frustrated that I can't ride but after getting the go ahead to be pregnant forever I am much more optimistic that Baby will come out when he is ready.

How is everyone else doing?
    for more Joy then you can handle
    http://dangerbunny.blogspot.com/

I am at 21 weeks now, and feeling better and better. I can feel the little lady (it's a girl!! hooray!!) moving around in there regularly. At my ultrasound last week she had parked her little bum on my bladder and was using it like a trampoline.

Dangerbunny, what number baby is this for you? My doctor said there is no way they would let me go over my due date by more than a week. Is it because it is my first one? Or just different doctors, different philosophies?

First baby for me, first babies often take longer. It really varies on the mama, some people just cook them slower.

Probably just what your doctor is comfortable with, I have been seeing nurse midwives (CNM) for my care and have been super happy with their attitudes towards birth. They treat birth as a normal event and have been very supportive and encouraging of my preferences.

First baby due Sept 9th 2012!! 17 weeks & 6 days, feeling awesome, never had morning sickness, only things that are a discomfort are sore gums, extreme fatigue and nightmares but those are certainly things I can live with. Hope the whole pregnancy goes this well! We find out the 24th of April the gender, can not wait!! Haven't bought anything but a jogging stroller so far, is it wrong that my husband & I had to talk each other out of buying a pony last week, lol!! We're both so happy & feel so blessed, we're 39 & this will probably be our first, so far everything is going great. Just wish the doctors would stop treating me like I'm prehistoric!! I still ride about once a week just in my riding ring at a walk for about an hour & a half, it's kept me sane, had a lot of life changes in a short amount of time. I turned 39 in Jan. conceived in Dec. & lost my job in Feb. I had a hard time emotionally, starting to feel better now, a bit worried about postpartum depression but no use worrying about that now. Sorry to ramble on, so good to be able to talk with other horsey pregnant woman. Good luck to all other pregnant Cothers!!

I'm now 16w1d and still feeling good! I had some major food aversion a few weeks ago and actually lost a few pounds, but my appetite's back. Finally got in to get my U/S after they had to reschedule, so exciting! My next one is 4/16, I'll be 17w3d so I'm hoping we can get a peek at baby's gender! I have the "boy" feeling but everyone I know is insisting it's a girl. :eyeroll:

dangerbunny, I was going to ask if you'd bagged up and had waxing yet, but... you're not a broodmare. let us know when you've had your LO!

Congrats What the What, Mysaygrace and Ohrebecca!

Wow, still hanging on dangerbunny! You are defintely the only woman I have ever "known" being OK with being that overdue.

I'm in the final countdown, 34 weeks. I was just diagnosed with gestational diabetes, but frankly I don't believe the results. I now have to prick my finger and test my blood 4X a day and go on a specific eating regimine. I don't even want to call it a diet because I feel like it is more food than I am used to eating. I'm frustrated because I know how to "diet" but this new eating routine is a PITA. I excercise almost every day and have gained only the reccomended amount of weight. Grrrrr... I will eat cake at my shower though! I'll just test my blood BEFORE I eat it.

Chef Jade, I totally have my moments where I sob hysterically but for the most part you just gotta work with what you got.

I foaled!

Smooshy made his appearance April 15th, 42 weeks and three days past his "due date", I ended up having to be induced due to low fluid levels but thanks to the fabulous midwives I was able to have the natural birth I wanted. Smooshy ended up being 22 inches long and 10.4 pounds! much larger then anticipated, lol, I am not a very big person.

We are both doing awesome, he is a really good baby and completely the cutest thing ever

Congrats Dangerbunny!!!

I may be "in foal" - Aunt Flow is due next week, but I've been having waves of cramping for 2 weeks and Wednesday night, one wave was so bad it woke me up in the middle of the night. Totally though I was going to hurl...

Today, no cramps, but a little nausea. Not going to jump the gun and test though until next week.. Cross your fingers!
    Friend of bar.ka!
    Quote Originally Posted by MHM View Post
    GM quote of the day, regarding the correct way to do things:
    "There's correct, and then there's correct. If you're almost correct, that means you're wrong."

I "foaled" as well! As I write this I have a beautiful 4 day old girl asleep on my chest. She already has several books about ponies and a rocking horse

Now the consequence of her very quick arrival is that it will be longer than expected before I can ride again (doctor's orders). We will just have to be horse show cheerleaders for friends.

Here is hoping that everyone else has healthy deliveries as well.

And a parting thought...epidurals are a godsend!

Awwww, congrats, dangerbunny and Puglet! That is a BIG baby, dangerbunny!

I'm 21w1d today, and we found out on April 16 that we're having a little girl, we are so excited I'm pushing DF into us saving up now for a pony later on down the line

Oh yeah, and boyfriend became the fiancee when he proposed while we were at Churchill Downs for the Derby

Yay! Congrats puglet and dangerbunny!

I still have at least another 14 weeks to go, but I wish I could have my little lady right now. She keeps me up at night with all of her kicking!

Congrats Puglet!

Hoping you get your Rxcate

Ohrebecca and Whatthewhat- sleep now while you can! and do all the things you want to involving two hands.

Actually I was more freaked about needle! in! spine!!! then the labor pain, other reason I went drug free was so I could labor in the tub, that was so much better.

i had mine too on easter sunday 12:32pm,19 hours early labor 15 active 1 hour pushing

her name Arianna diane 7lbs 19.5 inches

11 hours 28 mins away from due date

congrats Cooljenn! hope you and your little one are doing well

That's so exciting to those that have 'foaled'. I'm 28 weeks along and so I've just entered the third trimester. I'm not really that big but I've lost all use of my abdominal muscles so turning & getting out of bed is difficult. Lots of aches and pains going but lots of exciting kicks being felt as well. I've been doing a lot of yoga to stay fit but I'm still a dressage/horse person at heart. I've been finding out all sorts of things about my hips & shoulders that I'm planning on applying to my riding when I'm back in the saddle.

I'm pregnant enough looking that people step out of my way and hold doors for me but on the flip side I seem to be a magnet for unwanted advice. I certainly don't want to hear about anyone's detailed labour experiences, especially when it ends with 'and I almost died'. Seriously why would you tell that to a first time pregnant lady?

Quote Originally Posted by cooljenn77 View Post
    her name Arianna diane 7lbs 19.5 inches
    Beautiful name! Glad she arrived safely

Quote Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
    I'm pregnant enough looking that people step out of my way and hold doors for me but on the flip side I seem to be a magnet for unwanted advice. I certainly don't want to hear about anyone's detailed labour experiences, especially when it ends with 'and I almost died'. Seriously why would you tell that to a first time pregnant lady?
    No horror stories or advice from me This was my first baby and labor wasn't nearly as bad as expected! I seriously was pleasantly surprised. I did have an epidural though. I was numb to the point where I couldn't even feel when I was having a contraction. Ahh, I love modern medicine. May you have uneventful final weeks and a smooth delivery!

Yup, everyone wants to tell you horror stories about how they(or their sister, cousin, friend,whoever) was in labor for twenty million hours and awful things happen. It is bizarre and when you are heavily pregnant and hear this stuff you just want to smack them for being dumb.

I started interrupting people when they got on a horror story and telling them that I was only listening to positive labor and birth stories. I actually had to walk away from some conversations which must have seemed rude but they were being rude.

I had a great labor despite being induced. It was hard work, hands down the most work I have ever done but it was completely amazing. You can do it

Anyone else "foal"?

Chef Jade?