The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I'm 18 weeks and due 7/15. I was feeling pretty good and then I caught every bug that's been floating around in rapid succession. I've been to the ER three times in the last three weeks. This last time was with a Norovirus type thing...couldn't keep liquids down.

If anyone else is due around the same time, send me a PM and we can stay in touch as our pregnancies progress.

Me too! I got CROUP! How does that HAPPEN!
    And I keep bleeding. I am very tired of bed rest already. I miss my horses. My hips hurt. I hate sitting all the time.

I'm 19 weeks with twins. Due date is July 11, but they won't go past June 26th (38 weeks). I'm just hoping they hold off until after Upperville so I can go watch my baby horse in the Pre-Greens! Have been feeling great since about 12 weeks, so no complaints.
    "A canter is the cure for every evil."

Pregnant women should be exempt from any sickness! that sucks!

My first trimester was hard with food aversions and nausea. 2nd trimester was great and third so far is just okay, I am getting big and am tired a lot.

Littleblack- I think your attitude has a lot of impact on your comfort level, if you view it as a huge inconvenience then it will be.
    Last edited by dangerbunny; Feb. 14, 2012 at 02:57 PM. Reason: I can't spell.
    for more Joy then you can handle
    http://dangerbunny.blogspot.com/

Can I join in? I am too old to have more kids, but i remember oh so well!! I was always huge during the hot Missouri summers and could never get comfortable and sleeping was hard to do. Hang in there ladies!!

I can officially check in here! We hadn't gone public with the news yet last OT day. I'm 12 weeks along right now, due the day after my birthday (9/27). I have been SO fortunate to not have much morning sickness - no throwing up and only a few queasy episodes. Just EXTREMELY tired, but it's starting to subside now that I'm nearing the second trimester

Was scheduled for an ultrasound yesterday, but the equipment malfunctioned so they called me to reschedule for Monday. We were disappointed (I had an ultrasound a few weeks ago to confirm a viable pregnancy, but my SO wasn't able to make it to the appointment and he was REALLY looking forward to this one) BUT, luck of all luck, the fetal doppler he ordered earlier in the week came in the mail, so I started that sucker up and in a few minutes found the heartbeat for him to hear. So that was pretty special And of course we're still looking forward to the ultrasound on Monday!

How's everyone doing now, a month later? Some of you have might have had your babies, huh?! Or are really close!

Quote Originally Posted by dangerbunny View Post
    Pregnant women should be exempt from any sickness! that sucks!

My first trimester was hard with food aversions and nausea. 2nd trimester was great and third so far is just okay, I am getting big and am tired a lot.

Littleblack- I think your attitude has a lot of impact on your comfort level, if you view it as a huge inconvenience then it will be.
    Lol you funny. I hemorraged twice I'm pretty sure my "attitude" had nothing to do with it.

2nd trimester is much better than the first. I have a head cold but other than that I'm feeling good. Still adjusting to sleep positions but other than that, I'm great. Baby's doing jumping jacks

I'm 19 1/2 weeks now! Find out gender Tuesday

I am soooooooooooooooooooooo ready to have this baby, currently at 38 weeks. The last month is definitely the hardest, you get the tiredness from the first tri with the added fun of being enormous. Plus the weather outside is amazing and I am dying to ride.

I will miss the wiggly in my tummy part and he is much quieter now then he will be later, but I am still impatient to meet him. Now just gotta agree on a name, lol.

I am at 18 weeks now and feeling much better than I did during the first trimester.

We are so excited to find out the baby's sex on Tuesday!

i'm almost 37 weeks(tomorrow) and i feel crappy some days... is it april yet

hehe my hay guy asked if I foaled yet,

I'm 31 weeks, due 5/18. I love feeling my little girl move around and do jumping jacks in my tummy. She is very considerate as she really doesn't move around much at night or else I am sleeping through it.

I had either a horrible cold or mild flu last week and am still hacking up a lung. I was just getting over my last cold. I swear my baby will only recongnize me by the sound of my cough. Pregnancy wise I feel pretty good, I think she is sitting quite low, but she hasn't turned yet.

I have to say that I am SOOOOO unmotiviated at work. I have a pretty intense corporate job and I shouldn't be slacking off but I really just can't help it. I just don't care anymore. Is that OK? I am the primary earner, so I can't afford to get fired. I am also so unmotivated to anything around the house. Something better change because when the baby comes I won't have a choice!

I'm also starting to stress about child care. Daycare or nanny?

Quote Originally Posted by relocatedTXjumpr View Post
    I had my baby boy in Novemeber!

Its tough, no doubt! My heartburn got unreal toward the end, so NOT fun!
    Me too! Had my son Nov 3, hoping to ride again for the first time since August this afternoon if DH gets his butt back in the house to stay with "baba". I have not made the time to ride, but with nice weather here, no more excuses! I longed one of my mares yesterday for a few and hope to ride her today. My other mare is 322 days preggo herself!

I have been a nanny many times. Child gets one on one care. But it does depend on the nanny. I have always been one to get the kids out an about and being active.

nannies i find are really good when they are younger. and day cares good for social skills as some nannies won't take them places to interact with other. I do.

Chef Jade- I'm not currently working but must admit that my interest in things has changed, I have found pregnancy to be a very turning inward time. I don't think I have become one of those women who are only interested in baby but my desire to socialize and go out and "do things" has drastically diminished. Part of it is being tired or uncomfortable but I also think you need to pay so much attention to your body and baby that many things become less important.

Quote Originally Posted by BABYGREENTB View Post
    I'm 19 weeks with twins. Due date is July 11, but they won't go past June 26th (38 weeks). I'm just hoping they hold off until after Upperville so I can go watch my baby horse in the Pre-Greens! Have been feeling great since about 12 weeks, so no complaints.
    Twins rock! Good luck - hopefully your pregnancy will continue to go well. My doc (perinatologist) wouldn't let me go past 36 weeks, but I'm over 35 and had identical boys so double high-risk.
    Erin
    Dodon Farm - Home of Salute The Truth, Thoroughbred Stallion and on Facebook
    The Retired Racehorse Training Project, a 501(c)3 Non profit organization.

Hi, I'm a few days under 20 weeks and checking in here at OT Day for the first time. 2nd tri is going well, I've got some hip pain and I keep getting woken up to pee but its not a big deal. I also have a scan this week, we may or may not find out the gender its not really a concern though. Its a first pregnancy so either sex would be great, just hoping baby is healthy eveything is as it should be in the scan.

I got a burst of energy after the 1st tri so I've been trying to put it to good use while it lasts. Is anyone else having food cravings? I keep getting this question, I don't really have cravings its more like aversions to some things. I just started to show in the last week so I'm at the stage where people I hardly know are finding out and asking me all sorts of questions. I find that to be the hardest part, the stuff people ask like 'were you trying or was it an accident?' Hello, I don't even know you why would you ask me that!?

I totally miss riding but I have a pregnant horsey friend so we hand walk our horses together and it kind of feels like going for a hack. I was lunging and long lining my mare for a while but I decided it ok for her to lose fitness and for both of us to have a break.

my food cravings are insane now, all i need is to hear a certain food and i want it. even worse when someone posts a pic on facebook.

I had food aversions pretty much all through, first tri was pretty hard with a lot of nausea, 2nd tri was much better but still occasionally would have days when nothing sounded good, 3rd tri I go from wanting to eat everything in the house to having to make myself eat.