The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone using Primeglo by ADM??

I have been considering switching my mare to Primeglo by ADM, she is currently getting Triple Crown Senior and has done well on it for the last 5 years... prior to that she was fed Ultium....

I have just heard very good things about Primeglo and have been considering it and was wondering what others have thought... Thanks in advance!

I'm feeding moorglo by ADM and love it. Great company, good products, and very helpful people if you have any questions.

I read about it online, seems good as long as you do not feed too much of it. It is super concentrated, very high selenium as I recall, so read the directions for how much to feed if you use it, and report back on how horsie likes it, for the inquiring minds that want to know <grin>.
    Last edited by sdlbredfan; Jan. 30, 2012 at 07:01 AM. Reason: typo
    Jeanie
    RIP Sasha, best dog ever, pictured shortly before she died, Death either by euthanasia or natural causes is only the end of the animal inhabiting its body; I believe the spirit lives on.

Default I feed powerglo and love what it does for my horses

Great sustained energy - which was an issue for my one horse. My one criticism is that sometimes there is more powder than I'd like - the pellets don't seem as stable as other foods.

I would still recommend it - my horses lick that right up and are no worse for the wear.

Bumping this thread up... Has anyone started using this feed since was posted? I believe it only came out last summer.

Looks to be exactly what I am looking for (essentially a RB with extras that does not need to be fed more than 4lbs per day). Trying to find something my late teens pregnant broodmare can share with her paddock mate, a retired 22 year old not-quite-hardkeeping TB mare. Have been feeding TC Lite + Natural Glo pellets but looking to soften the blow on our pocketbooks-- roughly $50/mo per horse just in the grain.

Just started my Arab mare on it. NSC is just 12%. It's very palatable......and has a great vit/mineral profile. Love that there is no soybean meal or grain in it, just alfalfa. She eats it right up.