The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

GOOD LUCK!!! You'll be great! Just remember that it's supposed to be FUN!
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

I was going to have the McNuts Grill, Lisamarie8, not the other! LOL!

xoxo

R.
    When blood is the beverage of choice, the sharpest fangs feed first.

Southern California - on a freeway someplace

Just do the Hunter Princess count -- ...1-2-1-2... to keep the rhythm. Works great when I remember to do it. Or you can substitute your own personal mantra with in the same rhythm, mine being ...left leg - left leg...

And don't forget to have fun and get lots of photos for us to drool over.
    The Evil Chem Prof

For those of us not US eventing enabled - when IS Holly Hill? Is it this weekend???
    Chief Irrelevant Poster and member of the Broken Leg Brigade.

I wouldn't event at all, but it feels SO GOOD when you complete in one piece...

Have fun, Robby and Rhodey. Three and a half years? How could that be? Wow! You should be so proud - you were both beautiful at ATC. Will be with friends at MidSouth this weekend and thinking of y'all.

Only half 'enabled' ... but looks like next weekend
    US Eventing Calendar
    Mal:This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then .... explode

*Digging out her pompoms and cheers*

And completely OT, but OMG you guys pay $155 in ENTRY FEES????? My last start was $35NZ - for training!!!!
    Chief Irrelevant Poster and member of the Broken Leg Brigade.

I wouldn't event at all, but it feels SO GOOD when you complete in one piece...

Quick, somebody, start turning the wheel to close the Nerves Floodgate. It erupted this morning.

Danger Will Robinson, Danger!

What if I cannot see a distance? What if I have a rail? What if The Precious stops? What if I bounce off in the water? What if I forget my test?

What if I get eliminated in the show jumping?

Kileyc, bring Corona Light!

Robby

Robby,

I have to laugh, you sound like me before an event. And I only aspire BN.

You and Rhodney will be perfect, one jump at a time, go with the flow and most importantly, my favorite -- special coffee before dressage. It really takes the edge off.

Good Luck -- xoxo --from the woman who disloacted her shoulder leading her horse -- I didn't even get on yet! http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...s/winkgrin.gif
    Now living in Area 3, Sweet Home Alabama

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robby Johnson:
    Quick, somebody, start turning the wheel to close the Nerves Floodgate. It erupted this morning.

Danger Will Robinson, Danger!

What if I cannot see a distance? What if I have a rail? What if The Precious stops? What if I bounce off in the water? What if I forget my test?

What if I get eliminated in the show jumping?

Kileyc, bring Corona Light!

Robby </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you can't see a distance... close your eyes and pray... if you have a rail, smile, because its only 4 penalties and your first T, if you stop, you get to try that distance again! if you bounce off in the water, you get to go swimming - its likely (with all this rain) you won't even notice... If you forget your test, you can laugh at yourself afterwards and have a brilliant test from then on cause you've already reached the end of the world, right? and if you get eliminated in SJ, you don't have to worry about falling off into the water jump!

Don't worry - you'll be fine! One event isn't the end of the world - just remember that! and you couldn't do any worse than I, this past season I have been eliminated in dressage (4 errors - long story - but it was the judge's fauld), fallen off XC because my horse & I BOTH forgot we had to leave the ground in order to clear the obstical, and had a stop and EVERY SINGLE FENCE durning our stadium lesson at Young Riders...

So you'll be FINE! Smile, leg on, and don't pull.

We want LOTS OF PICTURES!

"Eventer's do it 3 ways in 3 days"

...and I second Dale's special coffee before dressage...
    and after..
    ... and before XC warmup...
    ...and after XC...
    ...and before SJ warmup...
    ... and before your victory gallop http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif
    ...and after you've completed your first Training ever so we can all have one too in your honor!
    Do not cloud the issue with reason and logic.

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Robby, good luck. You and the Precious are going to be fine. When you're going round, just remember that you are jumping not so big jumps that really aren't anything to be afraid of. our good horse will just go; he's been trained for it, and he'll bail his partner's *ss out of the fire more times than you can count

Leann's going to be at Holly Hill this weekend, maybe. If you see her, razz her a bit for me on the grounds that she's there with you instead of here with me baby shopping. If she doesn't run Holly Hill, she might come to Starkville with me to preview sale weanlings and broodies at MSU.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Oh Robby! I wish I could be there to be your personal slave/videographer, but alas, the Boyd Allen calls.

You are so going to totally kick ass.
    "[I don't like the word] try. To me, it means you plan to fail." --Robby Johnson

"All you have to do to succeed is decide to succeed." Jimmy Wofford

The good news is that at that level, the jumps arent too terribly big so there's not that far to fall!! JK. http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...s/winkgrin.gif Be sure to kick on and ride to the base. You'll do great!
    When you dream, dream big.

My dearest Robby:

You and Rhodey will be amazing. You two are ready for this and The Precious that he is will take you confidently around the course. Before you enter the dressage arena, close your eyes, take a deep breath and visualize how gorgeous you two look and you will ride a gorgeous test. Then go kick butt on cross country!!!

Wish I could be there to cheer you on, but will be with you in spirit. Hugs and good wishes from me and "the girls".

Oskaar, which of your Drama Queens needs you more right now? I do, of course! Change your plans or call up The Forces that would be your mother. As it is now, I have no videographer so might not be able to post my commentary!

Robby

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Kileyc, bring Corona Light! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps if you switched to Bass Ale or Newcastle the Nerves Floodgate would be closed for goodhttp://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif

friendly advise from a beer buff,

I cannot afford the calories. I will never look like Lindsay Lohan if I drink beer like that.

But thanks for the offer! If I do well, I'll have one just for you!

Robby

Lindsay Lohan?? Surely there *must* be a more classy diva you'd like to model?? http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...s/icon_eek.gif http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/yes.gif
    When you dream, dream big.

Well, there was Sharon Stone, until she climbed up on the crazy tower and took over the broadcast.