The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I am right there with you Robby!!!! Holly Hill will be Army's first Training!!! It did seem sooo much easier on a spicey little mare---I don't remember being this nervous on Melody.

Maggie just keeps saying, "just shut up and ride!" We'll have to get together saturday for a good luck toast!! I think you'll do great!!!

April,

You (and Maggie) are SOOOOOOO on! We really have mirrored each other over the years haven't we? That has been so cool. I cannot wait and knowing you and Army will be doing it alongside makes me feel very happy!

Robby
    When blood is the beverage of choice, the sharpest fangs feed first.

Robby,
    I am sure I have pissed you off on one of my obnoxious posts, but I don't know who you are or what you do but you are a riot! You CRACKED me up with that coal thing.... Keep that sense of humor - it comes in handy as you move up.
    P.S. I did peak at your photos and I think you look way ready for Training... what about Prelim.?????

Southern California - on a freeway someplace

You'll be just fine. Rhodey won't know that it's any different. I remember coming off my first Training and thinking that it had just the right amount of thrill in it.
    The Evil Chem Prof

The best advice I have ever received...
    one fence at a time. Really! Have you schooled single T stuff? If you just focus on each fence as a single obstacle, it makes the course so much less powerful.

You guys will be fine! I feel like I know you since I always read your posts, but I've realized that I never reply to any of your threads. Cyber stalker, cyber stalker!!
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future!" - Niels Bohr

Oh, Robby, you rock! I know you'll have a blast.

Gully and I are moving up to T in our next event, though that'll probably be in February. He rocked over the AEC Novice course, and we've schooled all the training jumps at River Glen, but still it feels like a big jump. I take solace in the training level dressage--new tests for 2006, but stretchy trot is Gully's favorite thing, and we've never gotten to show it off before.

Will you let us know how it goes?

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

Robby, have a BLAST!! Before you know it, I'll be waiting at the vet box for you and Rhodey's CCI*. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

You better video tape the course walk and commentaries and the as much of the SHOW as you can! We all want to feel like we are right there with you! It will be a great rush for you! Novice jumps are too small for the Rhoadster!

CluesGirl, no need to stalk ... I love chatting with everyone!

I have jumped a few T fences on Rhodes - some at competitions where they were shared with N, and actually at his very first ever XC school (after he rolled the rolltop over) he trotted some training fences with me hanging onto a neck strap. Stringing them together is another story but the truth is that he likes a big gallopy kind of course and Holly Hill definitely provides that. I love that event!

TLE - will you vetbox at a 1/2*? Because if this goes well and someone organizes one next spring, that is going to be my goal!

OK Dezi, we have our creative marching orders. Make sure you bring your French beret and a whole lot of attitude! LOL!

Robby

p.s. GP - how did AEC go for you? I'm so happy you got to do it! Kim (Severson) said last year, about the course, "it's Novice Olympics!"

Robby

Woohoo! You go, Robby.

I predict that you'll have increasing angst between now and the third fence on course, that by the fourth fence you'll realize that you're actually having a good go, and by the finish line you'll be thrilled and rarin' to do the next one.

We'll all be cheering for you!
    They don't call me frugal for nothing.
    Proud and achy member of the Eventing Grannies clique.

Yay, Robby! You guys will be great. The training level dressage tests ride beautifully... we actually got our lowest dressage score ever at our first T last year. http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/yes.gif

For you? Anything darlin!!! You know that! But that means you need to vetbox for me & Frankie when we eventually get there. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

Ooooh, mememememe! Can I sign up to help too?!

I'm letting go of the illusions that I'll ever get to do that myself as a competitor, but I can still hang on to my dreams of grooming, can't I?

I promise that I can slop ice water real good! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif

tle, not to steal Robby's thread, or anything, but when is the Ocktoberfest show at KY, and you are taking Frankie, right?

Libby (who also wants a copy of the video produced from Robby's big T weekend! http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/yes.gif )
    *Proud member of the Hoof Fetish Clique*
    I have Higher Standards ...do you? Find us on FB!
    Higher Standards Custom Leather Care -- Handcrafted Saddle Soap

I'm not sure about the beret, a do-rag might have to substitute! Attitude a-plenty as always!

No P-McMuffin sandwiches between now and Oct. 30th for you my dear!!!

I feel a gauntlet thrown down to get my hiney in gear so we can do the 1/2 * together!!

I am having McNuts Grill every day from now until then! LOL!

No gauntlet - we'll need teamwork to pay the fuel costs to get to a 1/2*!

TLE, I thought you meant you'd be an official "in the vetbox." To do vetbox for me would be awesome! I'll definitely return the favor!

And Libs, having you there would be icing on the cake. The Precious will likely just stand there and pee, but will be highly miffed at the sponging of the water. He prefers it lukewarm.

Robby

Oh... at this point I dont' know and hadn't thought about it. I was a volunteer in a couple vet boxes just because I was there anyway adn that's where they put me. I'm heading to MidSouth to help with mudroom, shr, annika and deltawave but not in an 'official' capacity.

Libby -- Octoberfest is Sunday, the 30th. Yes, although I haven't actually sent in the entry, I do plan on Frankie going BN. It's supposed to be an easy course, but right now, it's the atmosphere and just getting the idea of the show (vs a race!) in her brain rather than dealing with larger questions on course. Are you going to be there?

Robby--At the AECs we were 30th out of 31 in NH after dressage, with what was for us a pretty decent test (yikes, but true!). Then we rolled over xc with no scary fences, no awkward bugger distances, no near-refusals at the water (as we've done in the past--ask me some day how I got the scar on my right knee). And it didn't feel like we were going fast, but we came in 3rd fastest of everyone--I figured it at 441 mpm. Then we clocked around sj. It was almighty excellent, and I am perfectly prepared to suck at dressage at a higher level (while at the same time working very hard on dressage, please understand). Gully was so much fun--he completely knew why we were there, and was ready for the party.

The fences were about as big and tough as the could be and still be novice; I loved it, as I thought it was a good prep for moving up.

tle -- I was hoping it might be earlier, but at this point, I don't have a firm weekend picked to go to Lexington, but it looks like I'll be heading up that way in the month of October. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif

The Monster is slated to do a dressage show on the 29th, but my errand in KY is much more important, http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/yes.gif so if it works out to be that weekend, I'll stop by the Horsepark and cheer you guys on!

I know it won't be the weekend of Mid-South, because Mr. Bensmom has offered (uh, is being drafted, kicking and screaming http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/lol.gif ) to come along with me and help with the driving and he is having minor surgery on the 21st, so that weekend is not an option. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_frown.gif I'm leaning toward going up next weekend, but I haven't made up my mind yet . . . http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

Robby -- I'll be keeping my eye out for .5* for next Spring. What if they have one at the new Florida HP -- can we drag you down here for that? I haven't heard whether or not that is under consideration, but anything can happen, right? http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif
    *Proud member of the Hoof Fetish Clique*
    I have Higher Standards ...do you? Find us on FB!
    Higher Standards Custom Leather Care -- Handcrafted Saddle Soap

RBJII all will be fine....though you must start repeating the mantra now...Look up and kick on!
    One thing you can give and still keep is your word.