The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default FTGH - Black M Cat - SE PA

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/z...graphy/cat.jpg

This lovely big guy is all black and was found wondering outside my aunts house. He was obviously a house cat dumped out in the cold. Super duper friendly and loves attention. Even has a collar with a bell, but no name/contact info. He is declawed, neutered, and litter trained. He needs some weight but appears healthy. No microchip and the vet said he is "middle aged". Obviously must be kept inside...my cousin is alergic and my aunt has 3 yorkies in the house, so obviouly she can't keep him

He seems like a super nice cat! Hoping to find him a quality home asap. We really don't want to take him to a rescue! Please e-mail JONESM.JE@gmail.com if you are interested. Located in SE PA. Thanks!!

I am in SE PA. I have a cat available for adoption and recently contacted somebody on CL that was looking to adopt a cat. Since my cat has claws and potential adoptor had really young children (8 months and 2 years) I wasn't quite comfortable with the match. Daisy is normally very good but occasionally she decides she has had enough attention and will bite a little.

However a cat this is already declawed may work for this family. If you want me to try to dig up their email and PM you with it I would be happy to.
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)

If you give a cat to someone on CL please, please do some background checking. Get vet references and personal references and ask questions about previous pets. If their last cat died of old age and the vet verifies this then it sounds like a good home. If they live in an apartment tell them that you have to call the landlord for approval first or your cat may be on the street when the landlord discovers that they have a cat. I volunteer for Forgotten Cats and if you wanted to find out what their adoption application looks like go to their site www.forgottencats.org and you can use some of the questions. I know that you can verify that they own their home too, not sure how. If you decide not to go through with this I know that recently I got an email requesting that any foster that has a declawed cat to let them know because someone was requesting 2 declawed cats that get along. Just something to think about. You can email them at info@forgottencats.org and let them know that you have an adult declawed cat that needs a home asap.