The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

I LOVE Way Easy, but am perfectly willing to take any horse needing a home. Temporary or otherwise. I will need a negative coggins, as I am in NC, and must have her shipped here. If the Coggins could be expedited, I would be glad to reimburse for that, shipping......whatever! I just want these horses to be safe!

I have also sent email to say that Lolly can have a temporary home with me in MD. I hope that with two offers of foster homes, the odds are now in her favor.

THRILLED to report that the last horse left Benray Farm a few hours ago- all of the girls got great homes. Thanks to all who posted, cross posted, re posted, and posted again!!! It was down to the wire but done!

Bev
    Be a part of the solution~ Adopt a thoroughbred!
    MidAtlanticHorseRescue.org

So here's my update for Starduster and Lolly....

This week was a bit of a flurry of activity here at my place. I wanted to make sure stalls were ready, paddocks prepared etc., for one, and possibly two horses to move in. I absolutely couldn't have done it all without the gracious help of JSwan! She has been an absolute pillar of rescue rock!

I have one TB gelding that was gelded late and can be a bit studdy. I didn't want him to be an issue but didn't know where to stash him, and she so graciously offered and I took her up on the offer, to board him at her farm, at no cost, until we are sure the mares are settled in. How cool is that???

JSwan was also my intrepid traveling companion this morning on our venture north to get the horses from Ben Ray Farm. We were both a little worse for wear after celebrating Mr. JSwan's birthday last night, but we're grown ups, so we downed coffee and off we went on Saturday traffic on 95, and 495--always fun with a truck and trailer!

We arrived at the farm, and loaded Starduster first, she was a bit nervous, but loaded pretty easily considering she hasn't been off the farm in years. Lolly got right on and after they were both settled in, we were fortunate to get back to my place without any hassles or too much traffic.

So, we were both a little unprepared for the *unloading* issue. Neither mare would back off the trailer at first. It took about 20 minutes and a bit of grain and other enticements to convince them get off the freakin' trailer :-) but once they did, we put them in their paddock with hay and water. Thank goodness I had JSwan to help me out!!!

They both had a nice roll, and drank up, and just pretty much settled in quietly. Timely and my evil 1/2 arab pony mare were pretty interested, but were well behaved as well. All in all, it was a pretty uneventful transition--always a good thing when bringing in new horses.

Thank you to JSwan for all the behind the scenes rescue support you do!!!

And Kari, you went above and beyond by paying for Lolly's coggins. Thank you.

Lolly is waiting for transport to her new home, and Starduster will be with me.

Many hands make light work. Happy to help out.
    Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware
    Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
    -Rudyard Kipling

Smile Wonderful Update.

You guys rock. Lolly would have been my pick and I was surprised that she was the last one to get a "pardon". I'm so glad and heartened that you two went the whole nine yards to get these last two girls safe. I hope to see some updated photos later; I understand Starduster has quite the presence!
    Best, best, best to you both!

congrats , it is good to hear the fabulous news and that these mares get to have a wonderful home and what sounds like a very wonderful life ahead of them........

Wonderful, congratulations.

It is always entertaining when they won't get off the trailer! Had a yearling last year, got right on, rode great, got to the show, hell no. She did eventually get off and had a great show and it is funny NOW. Not so much at the time.

Again, congrats.
    www.Somermistfarm.com
    Hunter Ponies & Quality GSDs
    www.UnleashedK9.net

Go Rose is now for sale in Littlestown,PA.(near the MD border) She is listed on www.dreamhorse.com for $500. Contact Buffy 410-596-1508.

That didn't take long... hope she finds a good long term home. Not to be critical but I am unsure of how this woman didn't know what sort if retraining she needed, and that she couldn't provide it (or pay a trainer to). I felt the descriptions were pretty open on their retraining, or lack of it.

" I will require a no auction/slaughter agreement. I am asking $500 or BEST OFFER. She has excellent bloodlines,conformation, and a sweet personality. You may call me between 7am-1 am (I am a night owl). Since she has not been ridden I can lounge her for you but I can not permit anyone to ride her on my farm. No Trial periods or lease. FOR CASH SALE ONLY."

Really???

Was checking out Craigslist this AM and saw this ad:

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/grd/2867832668.html
    Looks to be her too, no? The contact info is different, but the description sounds the same.
    Riding: The art of keeping a horse between you and the ground. - Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by hunterhorse22 View Post
    Was checking out Craigslist this AM and saw this ad:

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/grd/2867832668.html
    Looks to be her too, no? The contact info is different, but the description sounds the same.
    I watched the videos in the CL ad. That mare is a saint. Someone please go re-rescue her.
    ~Rest in Peace Woody...1975-2008~

Dropped to $350 as of today on craigslist...

Looks like the CL ad has been taken down.

Ad is back up... Reduced to 200 "sunday special"...

Good lord! What a shame! I was hoping they would all find forever homes and now this...

This really upsets me. I offered to give one of them a home, but was told they had all been placed. What was the point?

And now someone is trying to turn a profit? If whomever took one of these mares in, would like to re-home them because they are unable or unwilling to look after them, my offer still stands. But i won't be paying you any money.

Quote Originally Posted by ISR View Post
    This really upsets me. I offered to give one of them a home, but was told they had all been placed. What was the point?

And now someone is trying to turn a profit? If whomever took one of these mares in, would like to re-home them because they are unable or unwilling to look after them, my offer still stands. But i won't be paying you any money.
    I posted the ads for Go Rose on Mid-Atlantics FB page and they said that the old owner knows about this, that they are trying to help the best they can, with that being said, contact the new person/old owner and see if they want to take you up on your offer. Good luck!

ISR, I agree with you on not making a profit. If she were mine, I would give her to the right home. But on one ad she mentions all her costs in keeping her and is apparently just trying to recoup those. Please do not hold this against the mare, she needs help.
    Last edited by magicteetango; Feb. 28, 2012 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Spelling, on my phone!