The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Default shameless

pretty shameless action on this person's part. this was not a rescue...it was a a chance to make a quick buck. hmmm...reminds me of someone else i have heard of lately.
    this situation needs to be watched closely

Go Rose's situation is not getting better:

http://www.ac4h.com/BrokerOwnedProgram.htm

Quote Originally Posted by shrpshooter View Post
    Go Rose's situation is not getting better:

http://www.ac4h.com/BrokerOwnedProgram.htm
    From the frying pan into the fire, poor mare. I just posted on Mid Atlantics FB page about Go Rose. I'll update to what they say.
    Last edited by Moo Moo; Mar. 17, 2012 at 09:37 AM. Reason: added info

Oh my God, looks like she was purchased. I contacted Bev at Mid Atlantic, she said they were aware and working on it... God I should have just gone and picked her up, I am sick over it now. That poor mare.

This is Mid Atlantics reply: The former owner is on top of this, she already found a home....former owner is in touch with a lawyer as she had a signed contract with the person she gave her to forbidding the horse to end up at risk.

PHEW!! I hope she ended up somewhere good!

The person Go Rose was adopted out to was Katie Bennett. She also listed Go Rose on ebay classifieds. Phone 717-339-6371. She has advertised private riding lessons on horsetopia and her farm is listed as Forget Me Not Farm. Googling the other phone no. turned up that ad so the other no. was probably listed origionally. She has also listed pet sitting services on York,PA craigslist and states that she is a certified veterinary assistant.

The former owner who placed all of the mares did her due diligence-photos of farm, vet references (and yes, she spoke to the vet personally), personal meeting, and a signed contract- yet still this person sent her off somewhere so she ended up where she did. We did agree to take her in but someone in CT already purchased her through the broker pages, and has signed an AC4H contract. We do not know this person but have been in touch with Christy to relay the info that #1, she was never a lesson horse, only a broodie, and #2 we will take/buy her if she does not work out in this new home or if this new home falls through. In the meantime the former owner has contacted a lawyer to see what recourse there might be against the person who took her- but at the very least, she should be on a "Do Not Adopt" list everywhere.
    Be a part of the solution~ Adopt a thoroughbred!
    MidAtlanticHorseRescue.org

Just got word from Donna in CT that Go Rose has arrived- she is thin but with Donna's loving care, we know she will blossom- thank you so much, Donna, for adopting her from the AC4H broker pages.......I do not know the status of the inquiry made by her former owner to a lawyer but I hope the gal who took her and then dumped her realizes what she did, and how the mare is the one who almost lost....
    Be a part of the solution~ Adopt a thoroughbred!
    MidAtlanticHorseRescue.org

Hi All
    Just found this post..so interesting and informative. I now am the proud owner of Go Rose. She has recovered from the strangles that she arrived with , has put on hundreds of pounds, been shod,floated and spoiled. is undergoing formal training and is a farm favorite.She is sweet, smart, healthy and loved. She is located at Hermitage Farm in Durham Ct ( can check our FB page if you want) I dont know exactly how she ended up in a kill pen but she is here now with a wonderful group of fine animals and accomplished horsewomen and I know she would thank all who sent caring thoughts to her in her journey to us.
    Donna

1 members found this post helpful.

Donna, that is absolutely wonderful! I am so glad to hear she is in a home where she is appreciated and loved. You should post pics! Welcome to COTH!

Default GoRose and other Benraymares

Rose is great and I would love to post pics but am not sure how to do so on this site. (Help?)
    I am wondering if others who have Benray mares would update . I am wondering about them and hope they are still doing well:

Upload your pictures to photobucket or other online picture sharing group and then post a link to the pic.

I'm glad she's doing well and hope to see some pictures soon

Babyqcbmn,

Here is an older thread with updates:

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...ght=Starduster

Like I said in other posts, my Benray horse shares the same sire as Go Rose.
    I would be happy to send you pics or videos.

Quote Originally Posted by babyqbcnm@yahoo.com View Post
    Rose is great and I would love to post pics but am not sure how to do so on this site. (Help?)
    I am wondering if others who have Benray mares would update . I am wondering about them and hope they are still doing well:

Starduster is great. She has quite the personality. She went out on a few foxhunting training sessions, where she W/T/C and galloped in a large group, popped over logs, etc. She was a bit high for the first one, but once we moved out, she acted like she'd always done it.

She came up alternately lame on her fronts on the hard ground this summer, blew some abcesses, put front shoes on her, and she is sound. Now that hunting is upon us, shes back burnered, as I have enough going keeping 2 other field hunters going. She's easy enough though that shes been fine with sporadic rides.

She also loooooves kids. And not to eat. I had a cub scout den over last week to earn their horseback belt loops, and she was nickering and practically begging to play with them. Timely got to play lead line pony, but I think she may get to do it in the future.

She used to be standoffish, but now she' s the annoying one who follows you around in the field, "helping" fix fence, pick up sticks, etc. :-)

2 members found this post helpful.

Default She did it again!

Quote Originally Posted by wookie View Post
    pretty shameless action on this person's part. this was not a rescue...it was a a chance to make a quick buck. hmmm...reminds me of someone else i have heard of lately.
    this situation needs to be watched closely
    This person just advertised a blind horse, and when contacted by another concerned individual, said someone was coming to pick him up today and the person she told that to feels that it is a bad situation. Horse was located in Littlestown, PA Here is the ad:

11:06pm Feb 17
    Free 8yr 16.1h Tb Gelding. Chestnut. Sound, Broke to ride.Western. He walks trots and canters in the field. He is Healthy and Happy. Very sweet lovable boy. he is blind in both eyes but still has a little vision. He gets along with other horses, he respects the fence and finds his way to his feed, water and fields with ease. Very well adapted to his Blindness. Please dont let if stop you from missing out on a terrific boy. He has a big heart and lots of love to give.. 717-339-6371 • Location: Littlestown Pa

February 17, 2013

The Littlestown person buys cheap under $100 from Eylers sales or takes in free to good home, trys to use in uninsured lesson program. Gets rid of quick when reported to authorities [zoning] or unsafe for her $15per 1 1/2 hour lessons.

That would explain why AC4H had Go Rose's description as a former lesson horse... how awful.