The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Buck Brannaman Trailering dvd

Anyone have the Buck B trailer loading dvd with problem solving of common problems? i found one on Ebay about half the cost as on his site so was curious if it is any good. I liked what i saw in the BUCK movie, so i am interested if his DVD's are worth getting.

I love Buck and have audited a few of his clinics. I would certainly guess that his trailering DVD is good, but then, I prefer his philosophy/training/techniques and methods.

If you found it half off, go for it.

I have some of his older training videos......
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Equine & Pet Portrait Artist
    www.elainehickman.com
    **Morgans Do It All**

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy That View Post
    I love Buck and have audited a few of his clinics. I would certainly guess that his trailering DVD is good, but then, I prefer his philosophy/training/techniques and methods.

If you found it half off, go for it.

I have some of his older training videos......
    You mean you're cheating on Jerry?!

Only kidding, I'm also a fan of Buck's techniques.
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

I watched it, it's just fine...it isn't quite as good as his newer stuff. He made this video a long while ago.

I rented mine from Giddyup Flix.

The nice thing about Buck's videos (and Ray Hunts, too) is that you can go back after two or three years and pick up something you missed before. Kind of like the clinics...you understand what is going on, and 6 months later have a big, A HA!! and understand what is going on, on another level.

If you want to learn more about what Buck is doing, via groundwork and such, I would really, really recommend that you go buy the Bill Dorrance book, True Horsemanship Through Feel. That will really help break down what is going on in Buck's other videos.

The only reservation I would have about buying a trailering DVD from any clinician is this-- if you've watched their training videos and understand their training process, then using those techniques to load a horse should be sort of self-explanatory. I'm not sure I find a value in watching a long term trailering video about how to load a horse from someone whose methods already make sense.

It might just be my preference though. I just often feel like once you know their overall philosophy and horse handling methods, then trailering is just applying those techniques.

However, given how great Buck's other clinics have been, I would imagine anything he releases on video is pretty good.

thanks everyone. i might look into the Bill Dorance book. currently i don't have any issues with my own horse, i just like learning about this stuff. especially the Problem issues.