The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Scholarly article comparing Long Format vs. Short Format

I am in need of a scholarly article that compares long format vs. short format.

I am not having much luck in finding a "scholarly" article. There are ample resources of blogs, articles and discussions but nothing that has been published via Journals etc.

Any help??

Just skimmed the abstract, but maybe helpful: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...90023306002486

It seems like this vet is involved in eventing research and has given presentations on the long vs. short format, you may be able to find some of her more relevant research on her page:

http://www.liv.ac.uk/vets/research/m...etal/ellen.htm

Not scholarly per se, but where I found the reference to her: http://www.thehorse.com/ViewArticle.aspx?ID=5818

This is with the most cursory of searches on thehorse.com so if it's rubbish or something you already have, sorry . Hopefully it will lead to more for you! Good luck.
    If it were easy, everybody would do it.

Equi-Sport Services

Thanks faybe- I did find her articles, not quite what I was looking for but I think its closing in on all that I can find.

Another negetive is I have to buy it for 40 euros ( however much that is !! ) Which doesn't seem fair.

I should just change the whole dang thing to the effects of such and such drug...EVERYONE is doing that and does not seem to be having any issues !!!

Bummer. If you end up find anything, will you share? i'm not familiar with any type of formal study or analysis that was done and published but if they were done I bet they'd be interesting reads.
    If it were easy, everybody would do it.

Equi-Sport Services

Quote Originally Posted by SuperAlter View Post
    Thanks faybe- I did find her articles, not quite what I was looking for but I think its closing in on all that I can find.

Another negetive is I have to buy it for 40 euros ( however much that is !! ) Which doesn't seem fair.

I should just change the whole dang thing to the effects of such and such drug...EVERYONE is doing that and does not seem to be having any issues !!!

Try going through your university library. Most will get you articles for free using interlibrary loan (provided they have a license for that journal). I get it free on my desktop in my office so I know you most likely can.

Reed

After doing a quick search of my university's 46 databases and coming up with nothing, I turned to Google Scholar and came up with this:

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1....tb05529.x/pdf

There's more--I used the advanced search and used "eventing" as the first term. I typed "short format" with the quotation marks as an exact phrase. I am sure that if you play around with this, you can find more. Good luck.

OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

Thanks everyone !!

I did try our library, which for some reason is giving me "limited access". IT is working on it but that can take days sometimes. Awful timing ( end of the semester !!) if you ask me.

I still have the search function but that did not lead me to much either.

The articles included here a very close to what I am in need of, Thank you so much!