The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default RIP Monopoly

This is a really bad month for Canada!
    Now the news that Monopoly has died at Beth Underhill's farm in Schomberg, Ont.

http://www.horsetalk.co.nz/news/2011/11/137.shtml

Just last week, at the Royal, the announcer mentioned Monopoly was enjoying his retirement at age 32. At least, HE had a retirement! And Beth is recovering from the concussion she suffered at the Royal on Wednesday night. She says she does not recall walking the course or getting on her horse.
    Can we please make November go away!

Very sad. RIP.
    www.Somermistfarm.com
    Hunter Ponies & Quality GSDs
    www.UnleashedK9.net

Ugh, gross. But at least he had a long, happy retirement. Cagney, who retired in the same ceremony as Monopoly, is still kicking at 32. I dread the day I hear news of his passing, but at least it won't be a tragedy.
    Some people are like slinkies...not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Wow I remember that horse - he was really super!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_Dog View Post
    Ugh, gross. But at least he had a long, happy retirement. Cagney, who retired in the same ceremony as Monopoly, is still kicking at 32. I dread the day I hear news of his passing, but at least it won't be a tragedy.
    Actually, on October 10, 2011, a recent picture of Cagney was posted on Eric`s FB page. He looks wonderful, shiny and happy and babysits youngsters in his retirement.

Godspeed Monopoly. You sure were an inspiration to me as a lilttle girl watching you at Spruce Meadows and the Royal.
    Proud Member of the "Tidy Rabbit Tinfoil Hat Wearers" clique and the "I'm in my 20's and Hope to be a Good Rider Someday" clique