The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Thumbs down NEW FaceBook Group "AQHA Members Against Slaughter"

https://www.facebook.com/pages/AQHA-...04196096262448

This group has joined together to combat the AQHA in the misleading of their members regarding horse slaughter in the USA.
    Are they really AQHA members? Who knows. They represent they are.

Their mission:

To ban horse slaughter in the US and the transport of US horses for slaughter
    They asked the question if people wanted to hear both sides, but then started banning and deleting anyone posting pro-slaughter.
    "Have a Coke and a Smile"

Quote Originally Posted by 7HL View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/AQHA-...04196096262448

Are they really AQHA members? Who knows. They represent they are.

Their mission:

They asked the question if people wanted to hear both sides, but then started banning and deleting anyone posting pro-slaughter.

I think after got that frigging truth to hear they preferred to stick their fingers in their ears and go LALALALALALALALALALALA

Business as usual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Gosh that's no surprise is it? It seems all too frequently those 'discussion' pages are formed but no real 'discussion' is allowed...UNLESS you toe the party line.

I just left a similar page because those who held opposing opinions to myself and others were stalking and/or harassing us. That was their SOLE reason for joining that page, not to learn or discuss the issue but to harass anyone who disagreed with them.

Childish behavior.
    People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they're lost.---Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    Gosh that's no surprise is it? It seems all too frequently those 'discussion' pages are formed but no real 'discussion' is allowed...UNLESS you toe the party line.

I just left a similar page because those who held opposing opinions to myself and others were stalking and/or harassing us. That was their SOLE reason for joining that page, not to learn or discuss the issue but to harass anyone who disagreed with them.

Childish behavior.

A discussion requires by definition two (both) sides of the argument...

Oh, right, we know that.
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    A discussion requires by definition two (both) sides of the argument...

Oh, right, we know that.
    It appears the the person that started it and a few other really don't want a dicussion. They just want to talk anti-slaughter stuff. Maybe plan strategy. It also appears you don't have to be an AQHA member to belong, it was just a catchy title.

It appears the the person that started it and a few other really don't want a dicussion. They just want to talk anti-slaughter stuff. Maybe plan strategy. It also appears you don't have to be an AQHA member to belong, it was just a catchy title.

Like that anti carriage people....

OHH, I see a pattern here....ANTI....

</sarcasm>

What can I say. the blessing and curse of social media...

More like HSUS...

They don't want people to know their real agenda.

This group just wants people to think that its a rougue group of AQHA people.

More like HSUS...

They don't want people to know their real agenda.

This group just wants people to think that its a rougue group of AQHA people.
    BINGO.
    People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they're lost.---Dalai Lama

People create all sorts of groups on facebook, and it goes both ways...many people join groups just to attack the politician, or celebrity or issue being supported...frankly if the group is not something you are interested in then why join or participate, we all know these discussions lead nowhere and that an invitiation to freely and openly discuss is rarely so in the long run.
    "All life is precious"
    Sophie Scholl

No worse than the FB group "Horse Slaughter Debate" that booted anyone who didn't just back down & nod their heads when pro-slaughter info was posted. And heaven forbid if you try to discuss Temple Grandin or Sue Wallis positions as it relates to horse slaughter! Sue Wallis is like almost like a religious icon to some of these pro-slaughter extremists. But, the nice thing about FB is that if you don't like how a group is run, you can leave any time. Or start your own group.

And for what it's worth, I feel like I'm a part of the Against Slaughter AQHA movement. I used to pay to register my AQHA horses & was proud of the breed. Then as years went by and they kept pushing for horse slaughter, I lost respect for the organization. I also have to wonder about their quantity-not-quality breeding practices such as registering HYPP horses for breeding. And until their policies change, I don't plan to send AQHA another dime. Just my 2 cents worth.

Quote Originally Posted by philosoraptor View Post
    No worse than the FB group "Horse Slaughter Debate" that booted anyone who didn't just back down & nod their heads when pro-slaughter info was posted. And heaven forbid if you try to discuss Temple Grandin or Sue Wallis positions as it relates to horse slaughter! Sue Wallis is like almost like a religious icon to some of these pro-slaughter extremists. But, the nice thing about FB is that if you don't like how a group is run, you can leave any time. Or start your own group.

And for what it's worth, I feel like I'm a part of the Against Slaughter AQHA movement. I used to pay to register my AQHA horses & was proud of the breed. Then as years went by and they kept pushing for horse slaughter, I lost respect for the organization. I also have to wonder about their quantity-not-quality breeding practices such as registering HYPP horses for breeding. And until their policies change, I don't plan to send AQHA another dime. Just my 2 cents worth.
    You may want to become a bit more informed, as you don't seem to know much about the AQHA or it's stances on issues or why they do or don't do something.
    I think you are taking AR propaganda too seriously, without checking the facts first, as that is what is reflected on your post bashing the AQHA.

I will say, the AQHA has not had any position on slaughter ever, but did have one on the very badly drafted "ban horse slaughter bill" , AS WRITTEN, that the HSUS tried to push thru.
    That was a bill some 200 other horse industry associations also were against.

The AQHA doesn't think it is their place to have a position on horse slaughter or not, but they do have something to say to any that affects the horse industry, that the HSUS and other animal rights groups are trying to eliminate.

Breeding numbers are a completely different issue, you may ask them how they stand on them, but remember, grade horse numbers are many times those of all the horse registries put together, not exactly fair to blame AQHA for how many horses may be out there.

The HYPP issue is one of legal procedure, as established already years ago by the Melvin Hatley against the AQHA white rule lawsuit, where registries can't set rules without procedures that take years.
    That is something the AQHA is doing right now, slowly phasing out HYPP positive horses as the laws mandate they can.
    Not their fault that they could not just close the books and not register Impressive bred horses as makes sense, not when their legal department was warning that was not legal and would not hold in court and breeders of Impressive horses were threatening lawsuits over that.
    The same happened over limiting artificial insemination and embryo transfer and other such registry regulations, that are not as simple to make rules for.
    Why? When you have two duly registered parents and someone breeds them, by law it seems to be a right that their offspring can be registered, there is no way for a registry to get around that, even if by chance the offspring mutated and is a turtle.
    That is the precedent the lawsuit the AQHA lost provided and why HYPP could not be handled summarily, but has to be worked thru what is legally possible, taking years to get there.

Don't just follow AR propaganda someone keeps repeating.
    When you hear something, ask why it is so, be sure you have the rest of the story, especially when those stories come from AR propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post

Childish behavior.
    INTERESTING COMMENT, kind of like what happens on this forum too, a lot of times.

Bluey, great post!

Quote Originally Posted by candyappy View Post
    INTERESTING COMMENT, kind of like what happens on this forum too, a lot of times.
    Nope, have to disagree. Are some people confrontational? Yes. Do you get booted if you don't toe the party line? No...no party line that I can see.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant