The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Master Artisan/Patrick Saddlery? UPDATE:Corcoran Saddle and it's MINE

Has anyone heard of this brand?

It may not even be right, but the saddle has an "M" on the "dots" (I never know what they're actually called!) and has "master" on one plate next to the stirrup bar and "artisan" on the other side, ergo Master Artisan brand . I haven't found anything online with a cursory Google search...

Anyways, I'm loving this saddle. It fits me to a T which has been difficult in this long search for the saddle. The leather is comfy and is nice quality stuff, should last me a long time. Now I know what it's like to ride in a truly balanced saddle! My only concern is the fit for my horse, of course I cannot find a saddle that fits ME and Goober...

I'm looking for:
    1.) if the saddle is wool flocked
    2.) how willing the tree is to be stretched oh so slightly (it's stamped Medium, Goober takes a MW/W for most brands)
    3.) what these things cost new, just for comparisons sake
    4.) general impressions of the brand

I am going to have a saddle fitter come out and see if she can work some of her magic (or at least give me options) next week, fingers crossed!

ETA: After more thorough searching, I believe this saddle is from Patrick Saddlery. It did have a Walsall, ENG stamp under the seat and tree size. This would be a good thing if I'm right! My questions still stand...

ETA II: Turns out it's a Mike Corcoran event saddle and after some interesting turn of events, I will be the new owner!! Hooray the search is over, at last! Holy crap this is a nice saddle and for a great price(even with a flocking adjustment!). I win
    Last edited by Heliodoro; Oct. 24, 2011 at 02:45 PM.

I've seen them at a tack store in Ocala, The Saddle Room. I thought the owner sold it and went back to England. It seems my information is incomplete now that I've found the website again.

Here's the one I'm in lust for...

http://thesaddleroom.com/patricksaddles.aspx

ETA: Check out Paul's page also.
    T3DE 2010 Pact Group
    Barefoot Eventers Clique
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...2lkxcbn110.jpg

If it is a Patrick Keane saddle, it's exceptional. Colleen Meyer at www.advancedsaddlefit.com works with him quite a bit and might be able to help.

Actually, it might be a Mike Corcoran saddle.

"M" is for Master Saddlery.

I believe he works closely with Black Country which are made in Walsall, England.

http://mikecorcoransaddlery.com/saddles.htm

ETA: I have one of his dressage saddles and it's sublime!! If the saddle you mention is one of Mike's grab it while you can. :-)
    Last edited by BigMick; Oct. 24, 2011 at 01:30 PM. Reason: added more info

Quote Originally Posted by Heliodoro View Post
    ETA II: Turns out it's a Mike Corcoran event saddle and after some interesting turn of events, I will be the new owner!! Hooray the search is over, at last! Holy crap this is a nice saddle and for a great price(even with a flocking adjustment!). I win

Awesome!! Enjoy every second of it. I've had mine for probably 6-7 years and it's just fantastic.