The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Amanda Knox

Who thinks she did it? I know she had good lawyers and that they proved the evidence was compromised, but the circumstantial evidence is certainly damning. Opinions? I'd love to think that she's completely innocent, but something tells me she's not.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. But how would we ever know?

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. But how would we ever know?
    So true.

Was hoping for a Knox thread this Off Topic Day.

Am interested in others' opinions as well!

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

I think Troy Anthony Davis wishes he could (posthumously :-( ) trade places with her
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm

Glad you brought this up, springer.

I didn't follow the news throughout the trial, but have of course seen the coverage around her successful appeal and release.

A forensic expert on CNN stated that the internationally accepted level of measurement for DNA on an object (and sorry, I can't describe it any better) is 200 units (of whatever). Some individual states in the U.S. will accept a measurement of 150 - 175 units.

The amount of Ms. Knox's DNA on the knife that was used by Italian prosecutors as the main evidence of her guilt was less than 15 measurable units, using the standard.

The CNN commentator noted that was akin to the amount of DNA evidence the average person leaves on most objects lying around the house every day.

I think she and her Italian boyfriend are innocent of the crime but likely guilty of poor judgement regarding the crowd they were running with.

I abhor how this young woman has been villified by the (mostly) British tabs as some sort of slutty vixen (as has the murder victim Meredith Kirchner). I can't imagine the agony of Ms. Kirchner's family in all of this.

The news today that Ms. Knox was harrassed in prison - by the guards and warden, no less - are terribly sad but not surprising considering the tone of the coverage - "Foxy Knoxy" and all.

I dont think she did it at all. Crimes of passion theory, intimacy and all that.. 40 stabs with a knife is actually very very hard to do. The background of the prosecutor shows a man who is a political climber, out to win a high profile case against an american..wrong place at the wrong time. poor kid.
    www.windhorsefrm.org and on Facebook too!
    Where mares rule and Basset Hounds drool!

I think she's totally innocent. She just didn't have the brains to do what the other international students in her group did as soon as the murder happened - get the hell out of Italy.

Please, the prosecutor leads with "sex orgies" and accusations of witchcraft and satanism (not the first time for him btw, he did it for a previous high-profile case)? And does anyone actually believe that those 2 kids, who surely don't have some kind of Mafia-like loyalty to each other, wouldn't have turned on either each other or on Guede in all those years if they'd done it, to get a deal for themselves?

As for Kercher's family, I'm very sorry for them, but the statements that they didn't get justice are just ridiculous. The man who killed their daughter, whose bloody fingerprints were everywhere including under her body, whose shoe prints were all over the scene, who stole the money from her purse, whose DNA was all over and in her, who had a history of break-ins, and who fled the country after the murder, is sitting in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Coanteen View Post
    I think she's totally innocent. She just didn't have the brains to do what the other international students in her group did as soon as the murder happened - get the hell out of Italy.
    Agreed. I think she may have witnessed it, but I don't think she did it.

I just hope that whatever she went through in prison wasn't too terrible and that she can move on from this.

Absolutely innocent. Very naive. On 48 Hours or 20/20 on Fri night they said while others left the country, and she could have gone, she stayed behind to help the investigation, and that's when they nailed her. And I think it's absurd that they translated their holding each other and kissing in public as suggesting they were involved in orgies. What a frustrated old pervert that prosecuter was. I hope he gets nailed for all the crap he's pulled.

How many thousands of kids go to Europe each year and could have had this happen to them? And what preparation would your son or daughter have when facing a murder of a roommate? She had a conscience, not surprising considering the care her parents have shown. How dare she expect that she believe that she would be fine, since she had done nothing.

The announcement of the verdict was very emotional. Thank goodness she's home. So sorry she had to go through what she has.

I feel like I've had a weird experience during the entire Knox debacle- I was abroad in Berlin while she was arrested in Perugia, and have "kind of" followed her case since then because I found myself feeling terrified at the idea of being arrested for ANYTHING while studying abroad. I once had to give a statement to police in German because I was harassed/stalked by a man over the course of several weeks in Germany, and it was the most terrifying thing I'd ever done- and I wasn't even being accused of anything. After giving my statement, I was questioned on the nature of my interaction with the accused, and remember saying that I was not comfortable giving any more information in German, as I was not understanding EVERY word being asked of me. While I was relatively fluent at that point, a lot of legal jargon started getting tossed around, and I became concerned about how any misunderstanding of the questions would affect my involvement in his prosecution. All my further interaction with the Berlin police was attended by an interpreter, and I had a good outcome.

I just moved to Seattle in June, so obviously, there has been a HUGE amount of coverage re: her case and homecoming. Over the years, I kind of fluctuated between believing in her innocence and wondering if she knew something more than she was letting on. As the prosecutor began to get more erratic and his theories surrounding the circumstances of Meredith Kercher's murder got more outrageous (Really? They were high on marijuana and got engaged in a sex game gone wrong?), I started feeling like things were just NOT adding up. At this point, I feel like justice was served in the conviction being overturned, and I am glad she's home with her family.
    Here today, gone tomorrow...

Nancy Grace thinks she did it - all I know is what she said on TV. I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrot's View Post
    Nancy Grace thinks she did it - all I know is what she said on TV. I doubt it.
    Nancy Grace also said her nipple was never exposed on Dancing with the Stars despite obvious photographs all over the internet that quite clearly display her nipple in all its glory. Love me some Nance!

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

Nancy Grace is like nails on a chalkboard to me...
    I don't think she did it
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFrytheEqHorse View Post
    Nancy Grace also said her nipple was never exposed on Dancing with the Stars despite obvious photographs all over the internet that quite clearly display her nipple in all its glory. Love me some Nance!
    Yup, Nancy Grace was also vehemently pro-prosecution on the Duke lacrosse case. Clearly she and her nipple can get it wrong on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Coanteen View Post
    Yup, Nancy Grace was also vehemently pro-prosecution on the Duke lacrosse case. Clearly she and her nipple can get it wrong on occasion.
    Have you seen Kathy Griffin's impression of Nancy? It's absolutely hysterical. Google it!!

The prosecutor Mignini is both corrupt and deranged. He's tried the Satanist sex game thing before and it didn't fly that time either.

There was no evidence implicating Knox or Sollecito. They were not part of Rudy Guede's scenario until he had the opportunity for a reduced sentence.

There is no credible scenario, given the evidence, for Mignini's sex game fantasia.

In a few years, if he stays out of jail (he's currently serving a suspended sentence for illegal eavesdropping), Mignini will find another case onto which he'll project his Satanist sex fantasies.

Quote Originally Posted by mroades View Post
    I think Troy Anthony Davis wishes he could (posthumously :-( ) trade places with her
    OMG...yes. I was very upset by his execution and joined the band wagon to get him a stay. This was a horrible situation that displays how behind our criminal justice system really is.

Quote Originally Posted by wehrlegirl View Post
    I dont think she did it at all. Crimes of passion theory, intimacy and all that.. 40 stabs with a knife is actually very very hard to do. The background of the prosecutor shows a man who is a political climber, out to win a high profile case against an american..wrong place at the wrong time. poor kid.
    I watched a really interesting show detailing all the reasons Amanda could not have been involved in the murder. I wish I could remember what channel it was on. There was a lot of evidence that pointed towards a certain man, but as you wrote, the prosecutor was more interested in his own glory than he was with convicting the right person.

Lmao, she is a piece of work. The pictures clearly show the result of the malfunction. Apparently she recently had a moment of flatulence in a more recent show and fetishists are clamoring to get the footage...hmmm...perhaps that's another OT thread...

She could start her own cult and have thousands of followers.

Have you seen Kathy Griffin's impression of Nancy? It's absolutely hysterical. Google it!!
    Hadn't seen it, thanks for the tip!!

Once Amanda Knox deals with her emotional scars, I'm sure she will be a millionaire several times over because no doubt there will be offers for interviews, books, movies, etc. It's only a matter of time before a movie called Wrongfully Convicted in Italy is shown on the Lifetime channel.
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

I have a good friend, American but having lived in Italy for maybe 20 years now. I asked her opinion and she said that she and every ex-pat she knows says "guilty as sin". Makes ya think, doesn't it? What -- if anything -- do they know that we don't?
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way. - Virginia Woolf

Did you know that if you say the word "GULLIBLE" really softly, it sounds like "ORANGES"?

I live in the Seattle suburbs, and have talked to 2 people who know Amanda. In their opinions, unless she had some sort of psychotic break in the two weeks she was in Italy, the acts she was accused of were completely unimagineable coming from the person they knew right before she left.

I know lots of kids go overseas and try wild new stuff, but a complete personality change is highly unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by JoZ View Post
    I have a good friend, American but having lived in Italy for maybe 20 years now. I asked her opinion and she said that she and every ex-pat she knows says "guilty as sin". Makes ya think, doesn't it? What -- if anything -- do they know that we don't?
    Did you ask your friend that question?

It's quite easy for us to be the judge and jury stateside, but what does your ex-pat friend know that we don't? I guess the other question would be why is your friend an ex-pat?
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg