The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default God help me. *Post #23: Package has arrived! Product reviews are written!

Last edited by Crown Royal; Sep. 30, 2011 at 12:59 PM.

I'm not a Smartpak addict [yet], but I have a problem with buying professional pictures at shows! Maybe we need a "Horse-related Stuff Anonymous" group...

I think so...I think I'll be the same once my horse and I start showing more. I've become so addicted to Smartpak because of either the free shipping for over $75, or I'll just have it shipped free the next time my horse's supplements get autoshipped.

Quote Originally Posted by supershorty628 View Post
    I'm not a Smartpak addict [yet], but I have a problem with buying professional pictures at shows! Maybe we need a "Horse-related Stuff Anonymous" group...
    YES WE REALLY DO!! I have a massive horse stuff problem.. (probably stemming from my "horse problem")

Nice haul OP! I too am a SmartPak addict, and I seem think it's fun to add to my pony's smartpaks... the poor thing has like 7 wells now!

wow! lol would you mind letting me know what you think about those curb reins? I've been debating whether or not to get them...

I am totally with you being a SmartPak addict! And just a few months ago I bought the Tredstep Da Vinci's, and I LOVE them...I'm sure the Donatello's are just as nice, too. They break in so easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayaty02 View Post
    Nice haul OP! I too am a SmartPak addict, and I seem think it's fun to add to my pony's smartpaks... the poor thing has like 7 wells now!
    lol I've been good on the actual smartpaks so far...my TB only has one with his joint supplement in it. Once I get my older mare going and hopefully doing dressage, I'll probably *have* to get her smartpaks with a joint supplement.

Quote Originally Posted by indygirl2560 View Post
    wow! lol would you mind letting me know what you think about those curb reins? I've been debating whether or not to get them...
    Yes, I definitely will. I plan on using them at a show this weekend, assuming everything comes in on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by betonblackjack View Post
    I am totally with you being a SmartPak addict! And just a few months ago I bought the Tredstep Da Vinci's, and I LOVE them...I'm sure the Donatello's are just as nice, too. They break in so easily.
    That's good to know! I bought my Ariats off of Ebay used and while I really like them, the really nice looking ones are so expensive new. Unfortunately, the ones I have are a full calf and I'm a slim. Too bad I had to buy new boots.... I did see that most reviews said they broke in very easily, so that will be nice. I would really like to show in them this weekend.

OOOH! And it's so fun when it all shows up and you get to open it up and look at it all - quite the rush!

Yes, I have a Smartpak addiction, too.
    ~* Life is the dance you choose *~

Quote Originally Posted by MoonLadyIsis View Post
    YES WE REALLY DO!! I have a massive horse stuff problem.. (probably stemming from my "horse problem")
    I can relate.
    2012 goal: learn to ride like a Barn Rat

A helmet saved my life.

Quote Originally Posted by reefy! View Post
    OOOH! And it's so fun when it all shows up and you get to open it up and look at it all - quite the rush!

Yes, I have a Smartpak addiction, too.
    Oh I KNOW! I did that with my blankets the other week. It's all so new and packaged with all the tags and sizes listed...I'm so excited to get everything!

I just spent like $300 on a new bridle for my boy, Moose (the horse formerly known as Veyron, lol) and I'm about to spend a ton more on new leather open fronts, probably some new show pads, and maybe fly veils to match... I don't want to think about what the total's going to come to! Count me in whatever group this is turning into. Horsey-Shopaholics-Anonymous?
    I've heard there's more to life than an FEI tent and hotel rooms, so I'm trying it.

I would like to think I am a reforming horse stuff purchaser - that said as I put my credit card away from my latest purchase and plan my lunch time trip to the tack shop to make the best of my frequent flyer discount .

Dover, Smartpak, ebay, and the local tack shops, etc. have seen a lot of me over the past year or two! Fortunately, the frequency and dollar amount of purchases has been dwindling as my horse and I become more fully outfitted. Although, I am sure I will find something to purchase - like professional horse show pictures.

I guess you are never truly reformed ...

Not to be debbiedowner but you'all need to learn how to shop http://www.jeffersequine.com/product...DY-L5&cn=24566

There is a price you pay for Smartpac. Use google to compare prices on items. Some of these non big name English world catalogs can really deliver better prices on a lot of products. I shop and lay out each catalog on paper and use wormer/medical/grooming products to fill the dollar amt for free ship. I stock up for the yr that way. Also sign up for their email notices - this Jeffers will do a big 20% everything deal once or twice a yr. THAT'S when I get 'my' big delight box(s)!

another example
    http://www.jeffersequine.com/product...=0V-QB&cn=2403

http://www.adamshorsesupply.com/brow...ad/4,9701.html

I would not expect SmartPak's prices to be the lowest, because they provide excellent customer service. You pay for that customer service...but if you buy something the wrong size, and wear it, you can send it back to Smartpak. Smartpak can't sell it, if it has obviously been worn, so they have to absorb the costs, so yes, their prices are higher, and are considered by many to be worth it.

I do love Smartpak more than other online stores, which is why I pretty much only shop with them despite maybe having to pay extra here and there. I know that if I don't like something or if it doesn't fit, I'm probably going to be able to ship it back for free and get a refund or exchange. They're wonderful like that. Plus, they're website is so easy to shop on. The layout is much nicer and easier to see everything than many others. How can I buy something if I can't find it or clearly see what I'm purchasing?

Hello. My name is ________, and I have a SmartPak problem.

I find myself adding supplements to one horse or another on a near monthly basis. And then - oh! I could use a _______. I'll just throw it on one of my multi-monthly shipments. Which I now have coming almost once a week. My horses around the first, client horses about the 12th, and the dogs around the 20-something. *Sigh*

I need help (or so my husband says........ )

Quote Originally Posted by Crown Royal View Post
    Those are the boots I want for next year! Mine are 20+ years old...I think I'm due

Quote Originally Posted by dressagecue View Post
    Hello. My name is ________, and I have a SmartPak problem.

I find myself adding supplements to one horse or another on a near monthly basis. And then - oh! I could use a _______. I'll just throw it on one of my multi-monthly shipments. Which I now have coming almost once a week. My horses around the first, client horses about the 12th, and the dogs around the 20-something. *Sigh*

I need help (or so my husband says........ )
    That's my problem too - I shop and then just add it to my next delivery - it's practically free when I do that, right?

I bought my horse in October of 2009, and until a few months ago, I had a steady (pretty much weekly, I am sad to admit) stream of packages arriving at my office from SmartPak, VTO, Adams, eBay, sometimes Dover, and the big one -- County Saddlery. The guys in my mail room are so happy that I have finally pretty much exhausted my horse's every potential need. They were really getting sick of bringing all of those boxes to my office!
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson