The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dancing With The Stars - Vote for the Rider!

Everyone please vote for Carson Kressley on DWTS this season. Carson is a life-long equestrian and shows saddlebreds and fresians.

The season premier was just televised and he brought the house down!

Let's keep him dancing!

Text the word "vote" to 3409

First elimination is tomorrow.
    Every man has a right to his opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.
    Bernard M. Baruch

He was very entertaining, and I love Carson, but he's not a good dancer. Hopefully, he will get better.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

He certainly was fun to watch!!

He'll get better.

Love Carson. he is from Allentown i think , which is not far from me.

My New York mountie friend said that Carson helped design the saddle pads and some other things for the mounted patrol.

Nancy Grace used to "work" in the same office I did work in in Atlanta. She did not ride horses.

He shows minis too.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

I love Carson! He wrote a children's book called, "You're Different and That's Super!" that my kids love. It's about an outcast foal that is actually a unicorn. Very cute!
    "Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care." ~Jimmy Buffett

Proud owner of one Lunar acre! (Campanus Crater, The Moon)

Is he dancing with a woman? Or a man? I'm just wondering because it seems that all they keep going for is controversy because the ratings are dropping. (Yes, he's a funny guy and very OUT, so I don't see that as a slam, more of a question of curiosity and the desire the show has to be outre at times to get more attention.)

(That show jumped the shark after the second or third season. I'm not sure why it's still on. Those are not "stars" dancing! And most of it's really, really bad dancing.)
    "Relinquish your whip!!"

Not watching this one. For some reason I was looking for a news report, The Reno Air show accident IIRC, on Headline "news" and had to sit thru NG dithering on and on and on about DWTS for 10 minutes to get 30 seconds of actual news.

No thanks. Carson or not. Hasn't been any good since Jerry Springer was on it.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

Eh, it's mindless entertainment, but I agree that maybe it has jumped the shark.

I love ballroom dancing, though, so will continue to watch. It's fun to see people (even those I never heard of - you know, like they are just friends and relatives of stars!) try to learn to dance.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

LOVE Carson! I just wish he would do another makeover series maybe for Animal Planet called perhaps "QUEER EYE FOR THE SHOW GUY" though addressing competitors of all genders, to address the abundant (shudder) inappropriateness seen in some shows regarding turnout - both horse and rider. Also, some of the "W-M Peeps" styles of audience members (double shudder). Why no one should wear flip flops around horses (triple shudder). What's up with showing undernourished horses. What the judge sees across the arena that you don't see when you look in the mirror. Why wearing a black helmet on a very hot day is a very bad idea. Yeah - ones for Carson alright!!! Why wearing some colors of habits on some colors of horses make you look a) fat, b) like a giant raindrop trotting down the rail, c) who? where? I didn't see her in that class, disappeared again....

...and why judges are welcome to check boots as appointments on sidesaddle riders but aprons shall not ever be lifted above a handspan above the ankle...

Carson - go for it! You KNOW you would have a huge audience and I bet you could get some fantastic sponsors of show gear/clothes!
    “Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by @$$ho!es." ~ William Gibson

I'm a watcher...love the glitz and the dancing. Regardless of who they are, it takes a lot of work and guts to put yourself out there.

Sorry, dance is if anything more nepotistic than horses, ergo I must keep voting for Tristan and Nancy until they're gone because Tristan and I worked for the same studio in Boston. (And he's a sweetheart-only DWTS pro I knew before he was on the show and he really deserves to be there.)

Plus I don't recall Tristain ever being a massive PITA about messing with the schedule (I was the receptionist/working student), and such virtue must be rewarded.

ETA: Velvet, of course he's dancing with a woman. (Anna Trebunskaya.) While the precentage of gay guys in ballroom is much lower than people think (drastically lower than hunters or figure skating--in fact IIRC all the DWTS male pros this season are straight and Louis's the only regular I know isn't) they dance with women. It's like pairs skating (ironically the skaterfen get their knickers in a twist about OMG HOW COME YOU CAN'T HAVE SAME-SEX BALLROOM COUPLES IN REGULAR COMPS when skating doesn't allow it in either couples discipline). If you're male (in whatever respect; Chaz Bono is dancing with a female pro) you dance with a female partner.

I like Carson and think he might produce a whole new "flavor" to a rather unpredictable show. Hope he stays on. And--having a horseperson is great and deserves votes just because of that.

BTW, Chaz Bono turned out to be better than I thought he was going to be.

For a bit of fluff, this might be a more interesting season than some of the past ones.

I didn't know Carson was on Dancing with the Stars this season! I actually met him at the a Friesian show and it was pretty exciting! He was a nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    If you're male (in whatever respect; Chaz Bono is dancing with a female pro) you dance with a female partner.
    I'm sorry but if I was Lacey this would wig me out. Having to be sexy and dance with a genetic woman? I couldn't do it...

Dancing with a gay man is totally different. He IS still a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Curb Appeal View Post
    I love Carson! He wrote a children's book called, "You're Different and That's Super!" that my kids love. It's about an outcast foal that is actually a unicorn. Very cute!
    Awww I'm gonna have to find that book, sounds cute.
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by vtdobes View Post
    I'm sorry but if I was Lacey this would wig me out. Having to be sexy and dance with a genetic woman? I couldn't do it...

Dancing with a gay man is totally different. He IS still a man.
    Are you kidding? I don't know whether to laugh or throw something through a window.... So much wrong with this but for all intensive purposes...

You cannot tell me there is anything feminine about Chaz Bono. Yeah pretty sure he looks like a man and... IS A MAN! If your argument is femininity I'd daresay Carson is more "feminine" than Chaz.

But the fact that Chaz is genetically a woman is what freaks you out? If he was some random person and you met him on the street would you even know he was "genetically" a woman?

Ok maybe I'm crabby today... but come on!
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

No cute sports guys this year. Drats! I loved Heinz Ward. All the more special cause he played for UGA.

Hot althelitc sports stars are great dancers.

My favorite line from Carson on Queer Eye was when he asked why a hot guy was proposing to a woman instead of him, and he thought it was because the woman had a working ******. He shows Saddlebreds.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashGordon View Post
    Are you kidding? I don't know whether to laugh or throw something through a window.... So much wrong with this but for all intensive purposes...
    And we can toss "instensive purposes" after it out the window; it's "intents and purposes." Pet peeve.

Chaz lives and acts as a male, ergo he's functionally male (in the social-function sense, not the physical, as he hasn't had THAT sort of surgery), ergo he dances the male part. Lacey's not sleeping with him, she's dancing with him. It's no different than dancing with a straight male you're not attracted to, which happens all the time in dancesport. If anything it's a lot nicer to dance with someone where there is no chance whatsover of that getting in the way.

Carson shows saddlebreds? Can he come over to hunter/jumper land and liven up the fashions a bit? At least a little color variation?