The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Selle Francais x Thoroughbred Mare

"Lovee" is a 15 year old Selle Francais x thoroughbred mare that needs a good home! She has competed successfully through the one* level in eventing, and attended young riders in 2004. I have recently purchased Lovee in April 2011, to continue to use as a lower level event horse, as well as a pony club mount. In June 2011 Lovee suffered an injury to her knee. We have had a very detailed work up of the injury and while she is sound for light riding and trails, she will not be able to jump or do strenuous work. Lovee truly is a easy horse to have around the barn. She is fine on 24/7 turnout, and eats minimal amounts of grain. She is not the boss in the pasture and is usually the lowest in the herd.
    Lovee is a NICE mare, who would be a great candidate for a broodmare. She has very very regular cycles, and has been great "babysitting" my weanling. She wants her own baby now! She has proven herself in the eventing world, and has lovely conformation. I am SO sad to have to find a home for her, but I cannot afford to keep a horse I cant use at the moment. If you are interested PM me. We are willing to haul her to you, we just want her to have a loving home! She is a sweet mare and deserves it!

This is a photo album from a preliminary event:
    http://www.hoofclix.com/Full-Gallop-...28359963_6qVrc

Also PM me for her USEA report!

Default bump for Lovee

A lovely mare. I hope you find her the perfect home.
    Save lives! Adopt a pet from your local shelter.

Yes she is. I vote Dawglover take her <3 you Dawglover

I love this horse! It kills me this happened. All because of a freak accident in her stall too! Oh horses...

Thanks CHS but Dawglover's barn is full and Mr. Dawglover can't build me an addition because we have a lot of storm damage to clean up yet.
    Save lives! Adopt a pet from your local shelter.

Post a link to this thread in the sport horse breeding forum. She will have a new home within seconds I would think.

How big is she and is she registered/eligible for breeding with any of the major WB books? That will be very helpful info to get her into a new breeding home ASAP. She looks absolutely LOVELY. I am very tempted.....I hope she finds an excellent home before I can figure out how to convince my husband that she needs to come live with me!

Quote Originally Posted by feuerkracher View Post
    . . . She looks absolutely LOVELY. I am very tempted.....I hope she finds an excellent home before I can figure out how to convince my husband that she needs to come live with me!
    This. Exactly this.
    Hidden Echo Farm, Carlisle, PA -- home of JC palomino sire Canadian Kid (1990 - 2013) & AQHA sire Lark's Favorite, son of Rugged Lark.

Unfortunately we don't have the papers on her. I have a few of her old owners names, so I am working on tracking them down. She is 15.3 and built very uphill. This mare LOVED to jump, and was incredible at it
    Last edited by ladybugsbw; Aug. 30, 2011 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KBEquine View Post
    This. Exactly this.
    Yep!

Beautiful horse and if she had papers I'd be calling. I have a free breeding to Edelweiss de Bounce to use.

THIS is a perfect example of why keeping papers on performance horses is SOOOO important! I'm sure she'll find a home,,, but a horse like this with papers would be gone by now with papers.

Quote Originally Posted by back in the saddle View Post
    Beautiful horse and if she had papers I'd be calling. I have a free breeding to Edelweiss de Bounce to use.

THIS is a perfect example of why keeping papers on performance horses is SOOOO important! I'm sure she'll find a home,,, but a horse like this with papers would be gone by now with papers.
    I agree. I just got the go ahead from my husband to look for 1-2 additional broodmares. I wish she had papers. She is lovely. Good luck and here is to hoping that some of your contacts are able to lead you to a paper trail. Do you happen to know what her breeding is?
    Worth A Shot Farm
    Finding the horse of your dreams, is always Worth A Shot!
    Visit our Website
    Join us on Facebook
    Watch us on Youtube

Thumbs up

I would love to have her join us here in Ontario...I think this lovely mare would make a wonderful cross with A Fine Romance...

sending you a PM..
    A FINE ROMANCE - JC Reg Thoroughbred - GOLD Premium CSHA - ISR/OLDNA Approved
    CSHA Brickenden Stallion Award Winner - for Performance offspring.
    Please visit A Fine Romance on FB!