The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Mark bliss

Can anyone tell me about mark bliss? Think he is in pipers ville? He has a horse listed on canter that seems interesting. Feel free to pm me info. Thanks

I was going to direct you to the thread about him on the racing forum, but apparently you've already seen it.
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

Can you spell..C*oak...seriously just do a thread search there are multiple people on here who can tell you about judgements pending on deals not even gone bad just plain bad.....better yet Google his name...Roosevelt stables...Pipersville...etc...

Thanks! Appreciate the information. Curious why Canter would allow his horses on the site if he is a bit questionable? Maybe just business and buyer beware?

Kiwi-I can recommend the person I recently purchased my OTTB from. Her name is Kelli Sanders. She advertises on Canter and I found her to be very honest. It might be worth getting in touch with her and see if she has anything available.

She has a trainer who she deals with and her horses often get some "down time" on her farm so you can get a better impression of what they are like.

Mark Bliss is way overdue getting squished flatter than a pancake by the karma bus. His time is coming though. I have mixed emotions about his horses though. On the one hand I would like to see them getting away from him but on the other hand I sure would be leery as to what you might find when you got the horse home. He is the worst kind of evil in my opinion.

There is another thread about horses for sale with this really nice horse:

http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?o...ainer-listings

And several posters on that thread hoping that someone gets him. These are the horses that you say an extra prayer for. If he meets your needs, maybe at least take the chance to look at him?

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...=341616&page=4

There are very experienced and wonderful CANTER volunteers -- many who post here. Contact the organization or post here asking for help / info / contact information. They are so helpful and can guide interested buyers through the process.

Best wishes on your search!
    Last edited by Justa Bob; Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwifruit View Post
    Thanks! Appreciate the information. Curious why Canter would allow his horses on the site if he is a bit questionable? Maybe just business and buyer beware?
    Racing TBs benefit from groups helping shepherd them to new careers. I don't think the process works the way you might be thinking. TBs looking for a new career are treated equally within the rules and guidelines of CANTER and other organizations like them. The website probably provides this information.
    Last edited by Justa Bob; Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:06 PM.

Oy vey... well I emailed to ask for the video but then I searched for him. Quite the rap sheet...

To many nice horse for sale from NICE people...and while I feel for the horse he is well 40 years ago still the same and keeps shedding skin to morph back in to same .....