The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Spinoff from Casey Anthony... The Amanda Knox trial

I haven't really followed the Casey Anthony trial too much, but I've been following the Amanda Knox trial and appeal pretty closely for a long time. Has anyone else paid attention to this? What are your thoughts? The American media has painted her as being innocent pretty clearly, but obviously she has already been convicted. To me it reinforces the idea that we are very lucky to be in a country where the justice system is a little bit more fair.

I think she's a little sociopath and wouldn't recognize the truth if she fell over it. The justice system in Italy is what it is, and it's time people listened to the warning that are given by the U.S. State Department about the fact that if you get into a foreign country and violate their laws then you're stuck. I find it hard to believe that she wasn't involved in the murder, but many people on tv here disputing that get more tv time for saying this. I'm not sure most of the people selling books or appearing on tv really care about anyone involved over their own wallet and notoriety. Amanda Knox might not be totally guilty of the actual murder, but I bet she was involved in the attack that led to the girl's death.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

Read an article about the trial in Rolling Stone recently...what a mess!

I haven't really looked into that one. I have seen a couple of TV specials about it though, the most recent last night (or the night before?), and it seems a right cluster****.

As far as I understand, the actual killer has no known pre-existing relationship with Knox or the other co-defendant, there is essentially no physical evidence to show she was involved besides a single minuscule speck of DNA, and the police basically didn't like the way she acted.

I don't know if she's guilty or not, but it seems strange to me. Why would a girl help someone she didn't even know kill her roomie? And if she did, why would she allow herself to be questioned for hours and hours without a lawyer?

Quote Originally Posted by Coanteen View Post

I don't know if she's guilty or not, but it seems strange to me. Why would a girl help someone she didn't even know kill her roomie? And if she did, why would she allow herself to be questioned for hours and hours without a lawyer?
    From what I gather, Amanda and her BF and Rudy (the one convicted) were high and engaging in a sex game and wanted Meredith involved. She resisted and somebody/ everyone killed her.

Quote Originally Posted by keepthelegend View Post
    From what I gather, Amanda and her BF and Rudy (the one convicted) were high and engaging in a sex game and wanted Meredith involved. She resisted and somebody/ everyone killed her.
    Well, that is the prosecutor's theory, yes. There's no evidence that the killer (yanno, the guy whose DNA, fingerprints, footprints and feces are all over the crime scene) knew Amanda or her bf more than as friends of friends, and it's kind of odd that his prints/fluids/everything else would be all over the scene and not a speck of Amanda's or her bf's would be if they were engaging in some kind of orgy killing together.

Plus that prosecutor? Has a real hard-on for satanic killings. He's seen satanism in a serial murder case he was involved in, he claimed a suicide was actually a satanic human sacrifice killing, and when a US (I think; maybe Brit) journalist came to investigate the old serial murder case and write a book he accused the journalist of satanism and implied he was actually the murderer!
    And now Amanda and the bf and the other guy are involved in orgiastic sex killings; he referred to Amanda as a "she-devil".

That guy is seriously off his rocker with his whole Satan obsession.

I have followed it a little but have no opinion of who actually did the murder.

A friend of a friend wrote a fantastic book about the trial:

http://www.amazon.com/University-Str...ref=pd_sim_b_7