The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default When stupid people own horses

Quote Originally Posted by enjoytheride View Post
    Wow - I don't normally wish ill on anybody, so I'll keep my internal thoughts to myself on this one.
    Cindy

ugh. They actually seem concerned for a second, when trying to get the horse up. But LAUGHING?!? I wanted to vomit.

please, please, PLEASE someone explain to my how and why people like this have a horse, and I remain horseless? Someone do the horse a favor and kidnap him from these heartless yahoos!
    “Always saddle your own horse. Always know what you’re doing. And go in the direction you are heading.” Connie Reeves
    Jump Start Solutions LLC

There. Are. Just. No. Words.

LBR
    I reject your reality, and substitute my own- Adam Savage

R.I.P Ron Smith, you'll be greatly missed

They thought this was FUNNY????

I had an enormous knot in my stomach when I saw the horse on the ground-- I thought it was dead at first.

Kim
    I loff my Quarter horse clique

I kill threads dead!

As if what those idiots did to that horse wasn't bad enough, they're fools enough to post it on the internet!

Maybe where they come from stupidity is considered a virtue, like in a certain congressional district of New York!
    “There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams

I couldn't finish watching. Tell me the horse gets up okay at the end?

This honestly makes me sick to my stomach. The poor horse was laying there completely motionless and they laugh at it... I seriously don't get people like that. No animals were injured in filming this video today? I'm sure.

Stupid redneck hillbilly... *mumbles*..

I'm furious! This is begging for someone to get hurt or killed. Sadly, I bet it will be the horse who pays the price for their idiocy.

Well, this video was posted to YouTube in 09..? Maybe they have all 'Darwin'd' themselves off the planet since then?? One can hope??

That's disgusting.

ninjashoes Guest

Humans are far worse animals than anything else on this planet.

Hmmm, well it doesn't appear they did it on purpose... horse kicked, spooked, then bolted into a stump. Is that the part that is stupid?? Or is it the laughing that bothers you?

The people who run to the horse's aid and who initiate unhooking the horse don't appear to be the ones laughing (at least not initially). In fact, they were pretty quick to tend to the horse! The ones manning the video camera and behind the cameraman are the ones who were laughing about it - if they were non-horse people they might not have truly realized, or considered, the potential for serious injury (think we've all seen that type of behaviour and scenario). I imagine the kid driving might have found it amusing, thinking his horse was okay - that was a pretty big flip! I've certainly laughed more than once initially when something bad happened such as this, prior to being able to really look at the horse, thinking everything was okay (and it was). Sort of a first reaction, then the ow(!) and evaluation for damage. I dunno, I mean looks like the horse maybe wasn't properly trained to pull the cart (did I miss something?), but it's not like the people put the horse to the stump specifically, just for kicks (unless, again, I'm missing something). Considering everyone was alright (the horse appears sound, albeit I am sure he will be sore!), I can see how people might find it funny, even if most of us do not.
    ....horses should be trained in such a way that they not only love their riders, but look forward to the time they are with them.
    ~ Xenophon, 350 B.C.

As a horseperson I consider it stupid behavior to put a pony who doesn't seem to know how to drive well together with a teen, then get some laughs out of the pony bolting twice. Continuing to laugh at a young person slamming into the ground, and at a pony who is not fighting to stand is even worse.

Even if I didn't know anything about horses I'd at least stop laughing long enough to see if the boy was dead.

Here are more stupid people around horses

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWn1D...layer_embedded

Can't change stupid!

They all seemed pretty jolly to me while the horse was lying there motionless. He could have been seriously injured but I guess they were too stupid to realize that.
    Every mighty oak was once a nut that stood its ground.

Proud Closet Canterer! Member Riders with Fibromyalgia clique.