The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Unhappy Anyone else just a little grumpy over this...

That Rolex offered half price tickets for Saturday today on Groupon?
    Geez, I paid full price two months ago. Buying early helps them plan ahead, right? So if in the future they are going to offer tickets half price two weeks before the event, I guess I'm going to buy late, right?
    Just a little grumpy about paying full price when bargain price was offered by the venue closer to time. They should pay MORE, not less at this point.
    Or am I just grumpy about not getting the best deal? What does anyone else think?
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com

It bothers me a bit too, but I like having things planned out well in advance so I would rather just pay and know that my trip is all set than wait until the last minute...

It's a bit bothersome, but I guess it's no different then any other company offering something for sale after I have purchased it.
    Also, they may have found their numbers low this year due to the economy and needed a little boost. I would rather have them meet their financial needs/goals than be in trouble financially.
    Hope you have a great time! I'm sure you'll get what you have paid for and more!

I also got an email about WEG volunteers being able to get in free on Thursday. So I could have gotten in free on Thurs and half-price on Sat. I am little annoyed we weren't told about it all in advance.

Why would you be upset? You got your plans made, tickets secured in advance... and you're going to Rolex... yipeee!

Rolex needs to sell the tickets since it is a business. They're targeting the locals with Groupon. Think about it, it may bring some interest from non-horse people... it is a very good thing... and you don't want them to be sitting with all of those tickets unsold...

The glass is half full... it is Rolex...

Now the WEG volunteer / Free entry sounds like that was some last minute creative thinking maybe... who knows... have fun though...
    Platinum Equestrian - Florida, USA