The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Well, I often blog about my hairless cats.

(WARNING! This one is NOT for the faint of heart! Many expletives!)

http://mykidshavefourlegs.blogspot.c...te-my-cat.html

(I still have the cat, and the behaviour has not reared its head in a while)

http://mykidshavefourlegs.blogspot.c...tting-zoo.html

an intro, with pictures and a short blurb about the hairless cats and everyone else.

http://mykidshavefourlegs.blogspot.c...o-fat-cat.html

and a note to my fat guy
    mykidshavefourlegs.blogspot.com

I can relate. I took home an abandoned cat from the horse barn. Resident barn kitty beat the crap out of him. White hair everywhere. He is a smart, clever kitty who like Puck destroyed the bathroom door, opens cupboard doors, eats and chews on everything.

I made a cat scratching post and he ripped the carpet off with his teeth after ripping it to shreds with his nails. I replaced the carpet but he has now moved on to the couch. : (

Ziggy attempts to play with the old dogs but he hasn't quite figured out that teeth and nails when involved in play quickly leaves you playing alone.

Kitty TV is sitting on top of the crate, watching the squirrels, turkeys and other menagerie of animals that pass by the large windows.
    \"You have two choices when a defining moment comes along - you can either define the moment, or let the moment define you.\" Tin Cup

Jamie2337- I totally think they are long-lost brothers! They look so much alike!!

After reading many of your tales of bad cats, I really should express how much I appreciate the ways that Puck chooses to be naughty. He loves people, and he doesn't have the slightest inclination to bite, scratch, or relieve himself anywhere but the litterbox. Ever. Even when I'm wrestling with him, when he gets too rough all I have to say is "be gentle" in a calm voice, and he'll stop gnawing and start licking instead.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeclipper View Post
    I can relate. I took home an abandoned cat from the horse barn. Resident barn kitty beat the crap out of him. White hair everywhere. He is a smart, clever kitty who like Puck destroyed the bathroom door, opens cupboard doors, eats and chews on everything.

I made a cat scratching post and he ripped the carpet off with his teeth after ripping it to shreds with his nails. I replaced the carpet but he has now moved on to the couch. : (
    Puck used to scratch the corners at the foot of my bed. When trying to hit him with my pillow while profanely threatening his life failed to work, I stumbled upon the easiest solution ever: I put scratching surfaces in immediate proximity to both bottom corners of the bed. Voila, problem solved.

Every once in awhile, I'll hear him scratching. The problem is always that a scratch pad has been pushed too far under the bed to be scratch-able. I pull it out, he scratches that.

I think they would rather scratch something that their nails really catch on than something that they don't. Try putting a corrugated cardboard scratching thingy right next to where he scratches on the couch. They're about $10.

Also, my kitties wear nail caps, which substantially cuts down on the damage they can do with their nails. It takes a bit of patience to get them used to the process, but it's not too difficult. Mine both lay quietly in my laps on their backs while I cut and cap all nails.

Quote Originally Posted by Schune View Post
    Allen also hears voices. It is common for me to return home and find him patiently staring at the wall or ceiling in hopes that it will talk to him.
    He's just praying to Ceiling Cat

Be thankful he doesn't appear to believe in Basement Cat
    Michael: Seems the people who burned me want me for a job.
    Sam: A job? Does it pay?
    Michael: Nah, it's more of a "we'll kill you if you don't do it" type of thing.
    Sam: Oh. I've never liked those.