The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default S-line stallions in US

What S-line stallions are available in the US? Thinking of breeding a tb mare to one for an event prospect. Mare is Sunny's Halo daughter. She is a nice big mover but could use some height. Otherwise excellent confo. She has always been bred live cover, so I assume that fresh is the best way to go with her? I am new to breeding AI. I will take her to a clinic for it to be done.

You might look at Soprano as he has a jumper dam line. I cannot think of another Sandro Hit son in this country that I would recommend to produce an eventer, personally.

If you would consider frozen, I would recommend Stedinger. His offspring can move and jump and his dam Fantasy Bold produced an international-level 3-day horse (and the Landadel in his damline consistently produces good jumpers). His frozen is excellent. I have always gotten pregnancies on one dose, even with a maiden in one instance.
    Roseknoll Sporthorses
    www.roseknoll.net

Sontagskind is a Sandro Hit son in Texas. Approved by just about everyone.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

Stedinger's frozen is EXCELLENT. My vet said the best he's ever seen and my mare took on one dose as well.

Shakespeare, Schroeder, Ser Gioveto, Sinatra Song, Sir Caletto (by Sandro). Sagnol is in Canada and like Stedinger, has Landadel in his pedigree.

OP, why are you focusing on "S" line? And do you mean Sandro line, or Stakkato/Spartan/Senator?

Also - how is your mare's temperament and rideability? Some of the Sandro line can be a bit tricky at times. That said, the Sandro Hit son Sure Hit has a son out with an eventing trainer who says he has been easy-peasy.

As an aside, I used to ride a Sunny's Halo gelding that belonged to a friend of mine. They did low level eventing - I did his gallops from time to time. Cool horse!

I second Soprano. I have one on the ground by him who is awesome and another on the way. Alain Seheut is absolutely wonderful to deal with (and has a lovely accent!) and I had no trouble with conception. I can't praise this stallion enough
    Come to the darkside...we have cookies.