The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

I was reading one of the topics earlier. Yes... probably the one that is 14 pages long and COMPLETELY ridiculous! Someone commented about people hiding behind their screen names. He stated that very few people post their actual name. Just a handful - McLain Ward, Heather Dobbs. Some screen names are possible to figure out if you spend two seconds to think about them - e.g.)Chaunda Boylen, (I'm sorry if I spelled that wrong!) So everybody... let's come clean! Who are you? And PUH-LEEZ don't give me any of the stalker nonsense!!

Who are you, and why'd you choose your screen name?

I'll start. My screen name is "TheBigLady". I'm Sheila Burke. I chose "TheBigLady" because that is what I call Caya. She's "TheBigLady" of the barn.

I was reading one of the topics earlier. Yes... probably the one that is 14 pages long and COMPLETELY ridiculous! Someone commented about people hiding behind their screen names. He stated that very few people post their actual name. Just a handful - McLain Ward, Heather Dobbs. Some screen names are possible to figure out if you spend two seconds to think about them - e.g.)Chaunda Boylen, (I'm sorry if I spelled that wrong!) So everybody... let's come clean! Who are you? And PUH-LEEZ don't give me any of the stalker nonsense!!

Who are you, and why'd you choose your screen name?

I'll start. My screen name is "TheBigLady". I'm Sheila Burke. I chose "TheBigLady" because that is what I call Caya. She's "TheBigLady" of the barn.

Well, if you look at my profile, which has my email address, it is pretty easy to figure out what my name is.

But it probably won't mean much to you.

And NO, I have NEVER been in a television series.
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

I'm Laurie Pitts. You can read my credentials in my profile...

And, I happen to agree with the poster who said all identities should be out in the open. It is CHAT rooms that seem to be the problem with internet stalking, not BBs. I don' think anyone should be able to post the BS that gets posted here without having the balls to admit who they are.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

I'm Vanessa Waltz. Vandy is my nickname in real life. Hi Sheila, I remember showing against you as a junior, (generally you finished ahead of me http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif)

A rose is a rose...

It doesn't matter who you are, and you should take pretty much anything you read with a grain of salt anyway. I use this board as a source of entertainment while I'm on hold at work, and somewhat for information.

Most people in my locality who read this board and are acquainted with me in reality know who I am on the board. Those who don't know me in reality would not recognize my name.

Hey Flash44 looks like you are on hold alot at work with your 9805 posts!

Mine is easy to figure out..Wward= Whitney Ward..and I love the BB's!!! It's a good laugh in the middle of a very long, 8-5, windowless environment that I call work. http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...ies/sleepy.gif

well.. my real name is Andrea, but since I was 9 I've gone by Andi.. when I show, at school, etc. Soo... that's why my screen name is Andi :P
    .:: a n d i ::.

Currently horseless and hating it!
    Missing two very special horses - Maddy & Perry

BNH = my initials, how original. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

Brenda Hedrick in real life.

Sheila, love your Caya mare, she is lovely! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

I'm Cindi Perez. Not that anyone would care or know me. If you look in my profile, you'll see some ancient info about me. Cindeye is my nickname from "Cindi with an I" to "Cindi with an eye". It's also my email address and domain name...cindeye.com.

I have no idea who the poster who goes by Cindeye'sEvilTwin is! Really!

I'm Lydia Beresford.

If you read backwards (like my dyslexic self does) you'll realize that my user name is SundanceKid... my large pony. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "While girls schools are notoriously wild, the true party-hearty girl attends Hollins" ~The Preppy Handbook

my real name is jessica..you could probably find that out from looking in my profile if you really wanted to. my BB name is my horse's name.
    *Cowgirl: A better-looking cowboy with brains**A woman needs two animals: The horse of her dreams and a jackass to pay for it*

I'm Cricket Stone, Director of Riding at Chatham Hall, as most of you already know. There are two reasons for my screen name. 1) Tack up Puddle and ride = Tackpud in short and 2) Tack and Pud are both nicknames of horses I have owned in my life. I'm also Lydia's former trainer and yes she is dyslexic at times! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_razz.gif

My name is Khristine and Chism was my first horse, a bit of an a** in a lot of ways but I'm completely devoted to him. The others may come and go but he is with me for life
    "You can't blame other people. You can't always say what happened wasn't my fault, and you know what? Even if you have an excuse, shut up. "Bruce Davidson Sr.

I post under my real name, more or less, since my real name is Laurie Berenson. And there's probably been enough discussion of my books that everyone who cares about it knows who I am anyway. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif

The funny thing is, when I first signed up here, I'd never even seen a forum or a BB before. I had no idea that most people weren't using their own names. If I had thought about it, I probably would have signed up under the name of my favorite mare, Tess.

Jennifer Sullivan-Holder (usually use Holder now), ThirdCharm is my email address and the name of my farm, my profile has that and my website so its out there for anyone who is interested!

JenniferS

I'm Andrea and my screen name is the name of my daughter's pony when he was imported from Argentina. It means little fairy and he's the cutest thing ever.

Sundance Kid's owner - is your guy for sale? If so PT me because we're looking for another pony.

Those special moments come and go...a photographer makes them last a lifetime!

My name in real, everyday life is Natalie Kimball. My screen name came from the jumper that I had when I registered. His barn name was Bailey and his show name was Best Food Forward, hence Baileybff.
    My profile tells the rest I think http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/yes.gif.
    www.kimballphotography.smugmug.com
    ~*~Mom of the wonderful Nikolas aka \"Niko\"~*~
    **Proud member of The Colorful blinb-bling helmet, SCgirls, BGSGand the EquinePhotog (do we have one yet?) cliques**