The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Paraequestrian needs Funding

Hi everyone,
    I am writing because I am trying to get some sponsors to help me get to the CPEDI*** show in Del Mar, CA the week of March 13th, 2011. I am taking 2 of my stallions and I am still needing to raise $5K to get there.

If I could get people to look at my website: www.loakleaf.org and on that website there is are 2 agencies: the PRE and the United States Paraequestrian Association that are 501c(3) agencies that will take donations and sponsorships for me so that they are tax fee for anyone that donates.

This competition will help me qualify for the 2011 World championships and the 2012 Paralympics by giving me a qualifying score I need in an International show. The next step this year are the selection trials then for the 2011 World Championships.

Starting on March 7th, 2011, anyone can go to my blog and be updated on what I am doing and I will be starting a youtube video update of videos so that people can also watch some videos.

Please help me, I do not have that much more and I have already raised and I myself have supplied much of this on my own. I train everyday with a Grand Prix trainer to attain the skills that I need for this. I live in Ohio so this trip is going to be a large one for my horses and I and I have to take a groom, my trainer, and aid because of my cancer (I have 4th stage Mantle Cell Lymphoma and CIDP) and myself, and this trip will be a 10 day long trip.

Please help me finish getting the money to go. I need the money no later than Feb. 28th so that I can have things in order and I need to get another $700 in order so that I can get the plane tickets ordered unless someone has airline miles that they are willing to give me for this trip. Any product, rental car that someone would like to buy then donate for the 10 days, Hotel for the 13th through the 16th I still need in Del Mar, CA are products that can still be sponsored.

Thanks.

Laurietta Oakleaf

I honestly and greatly appreciate all the help everyone has given me in trying to help me get to California.

What ever became of Sassy?
    Family Partners Welsh Ponies - Home of Section B Welsh stallion *Wedderlie Mardi Gras LOM/AOE http://www.welshponies.com
    Click here to buy: A Guide To In Hand Showing of Your Welsh Pony

She is doing well and retired. Please email me privately.

Default Here are her references

I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

Default Not fair

hi everyone,
    I just want everyone to know that what you see in that post no one really knew the truth of what really happened and it was a VERY long time ago. It was honestly the vets mistakes, in a very short make, I had a mare, she had twins, I took her to OSU they told me to take her home and felt that I had time on her, I felt that she needed to be there. Instead of telling the board this, I did make the mistake and never did tell them b/c I never wanted OSU to look bad so I told them that I just brought her home.

After bringing her home, she foaled early like I thought she would do, I was not able to get any vet out after 8 hours no matter how much calling we did, and I was angry. I was not really the one doing all the posting at the time, a friend at the time was posting for me and did some things that I would never have agreed with and told her later that I would not have agreed to, but she was trying to help me and answer everyone's questions.

I am not getting into this b/c this was a LONG time ago and shouldn't be brought up. I am a paraequestrian, I have a good reputation, I have a good show history, and you should not try to ruin this for me when you do not even know everything behind this. I have worked hard to get where I am at and struggled to get here. I even went back on one of the vets, can't mention here b/c of mistakes that were made, such as them not coming for 8 hours after they were called, comments that were made, the way they promised me they would be there within the next half hour and not show up and they kept doing this, and so on. You do not know. I didn't post all this.

Default A long time ago

I honestly hoped that this would be a long time ago and the dressage community was different than holding grudges against people and helping them when they need help.

I always have looked at the dressage community as a fair, wonderful, and gracious group of people that are there to help you when you need it and willing to see past mistakes that you have done in the past and when they did not know everything except this as the truth and move on, especially when something was almost 10 years ago.

If anyone would like to help, I would be happy to accept the help and would graciously accept your sponsorship and ride in your name.

If you are going to dwell on the past, then I am sorry that you think I did this and I do apologize, but please keep the comments off of this site because you have already posted them and commented the site. I do not want this to turn into a site where you try to accuse me of things because this was in the past.

IF you want to honestly and truthfully know about this, I will talk and tell you about it, but email me at: laurietta45895@gmail.com

Sorry, but you suffer from a serious lack of credibility

I didn't post the link to the description of the actual foaling because it is in probably the longest running thread EVER but I have NEVER wittnessed even on the internet an event so horrific
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

I only vaguely remember the Sassy thread, but I do know a) it was along time ago and b) if we can forgive Michael Vick and make a hero o/o him so quickly, then anyone can be forgiven.

That being said, what kind of person sends $$ to some website/person they don't even know just because some anomous person comes on and asks for it? Holy Smoke!

'Cause I'm telling you, if you're sending it out, I'll give you all my address...

The reason we have problems donating to you is that you already hit people up for money on the breeding board, several years ago, to pay for your mare's vet care and the 5 orphaned foals you adopted to put on that mare b/c her own twins had died. And let's not forget you knew about the twins early enough in the pregnancy to abort them, but instead thought it would be cool to have twins and so let the whole thing progress, with a hideous outcome. I want to believe the best about people, but it is hard to contribute to you this time given the past experience.
    I do wish you the best in your current goals.
    Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm."
    --Winston Churchill
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hills...h/112931293227
    www.HillsideHRanch.com

COTH is populated by some of the kindest people you could ever hope to meet. I know I personally have countless stories of people who stepped up through this forum to help me rehome horses off the race track that easily could have ended up in a bad place. For that I am eternally grateful.

COTH also has a memory like an elephant with an advanced search function. The Sassy story is one that will outlive most of us. I too wish you well in your endeavors but think this is the WRONG place to come holding your hand out. My guess is torches are being lit and pitchforks gathered as I type.

Quote Originally Posted by caseygabe View Post
    hi everyone,
    I just want everyone to know that what you see in that post no one really knew the truth of what really happened and it was a VERY long time ago. It was honestly the vets mistakes, in a very short make, I had a mare, she had twins, I took her to OSU they told me to take her home and felt that I had time on her, I felt that she needed to be there. Instead of telling the board this, I did make the mistake and never did tell them b/c I never wanted OSU to look bad so I told them that I just brought her home.
    Interesting. I read the entire other thread, including where YOU said YOUR VET told you not to take them to OSU even though you wanted to....and when questioned you said you didn't know then that you could go to OSU without a vet's referral. So you kept the mare home. Now you say you took her and they sent her home?

With the lawsuits you threatened back then to folks who only posted on BBs hard to believe you wouldn't sue OSU if that story was true.

Hmmm. Nope, no money coming from me. Best of luck with that whole getting your story straight thing.
    HaHA! Made-est Thou Look!

Quote Originally Posted by caseygabe View Post
    especially when something was almost 10 years ago.
    It was less than 4 yrs ago.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." George Burns

Quote Originally Posted by carolprudm View Post
    Sorry, but you suffer from a serious lack of credibility

I didn't post the link to the description of the actual foaling because it is in probably the longest running thread EVER but I have NEVER wittnessed even on the internet an event so horrific
    It was so horrific that four years later I still remember the mare's name, and the sight of the dead foal being wheeled away in a wheelbarrow will stay with me forever. No, I don't plan on donating anything to your current riding plans.
    Mystic Owl Sporthorses
    www.mysticowlsporthorses.com

March of 2007 to be exact. I guess you have moved on a little more than we have.

And now, for your Friday viewing pleasure, the next installment So Many Pull My Finger Moments, So Little Time.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Jesus lady you have some nerve.

People on this BB don't forget a thing.
    Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware
    Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
    -Rudyard Kipling

Popcorn...check.

Cold adult beverage...check.

Anyone needing beer or popcorn, I have plenty, as well as boxed wine.

Quote Originally Posted by dressurpferd01 View Post
    boxed wine.
    Oh darling, almost as much of a trainwreck as this thread will be. I'm thinking a good Krug.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

While fundraising requests via 501c3s are generally fine, given past history, this thread isn't going anywhere good, so we're going to close it.

Thanks,
    Mod 1