The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Chiropractor in the Ocala area...?

I'm just bringing my big guy back into work after a leg injury and I want him to come back as comfortable as possible. I'm sure there are plenty in this area I was just wondering who your favorites are so I can get my guy a good chiro.
    Thanks in Advance

Dr. Sean Redman. He is the best, and I think he does live in Ocala. PM me and I will get you his number.
    My new mantra - \"Life is too short not to eat ice cream.\"
    ReRiders Clique

Ditto Sean Redman 859 221 2426
    The thing about smart people, is they look like crazy people, to dumb people.

Thumbs up

and if you need a third recommendation for Sean.... Here it is! and if my stallion could talk, there would be 4

He is wonderful..... He also used to ride and compete, successfully in the jumpers, so he fully understands the needs of a performance horse.

He lives in Gainesville, I'm pretty certain he travels to Ocala, I know he's in my neck of the woods (Tallahassee) every 2-4 weeks, so I would give him a call and see if you can get in on his Ocala rotation. Good Luck with your boy!
    Last edited by Elio04; Feb. 17, 2011 at 01:03 AM. Reason: wrong emoticon placed

Our chiropracter is Dr. Marilyn Maler. She is just fantastic with our performance horses.

tel- 386 965-4683
    Ryu Equestrian & Facebook Page
    Sakura Hill Farm & Facebook Page
    Boarding, Training, Consignment Sales & Breeding
    Osteen & Gainesville, Florida.

Another for Dr. Redman! I held horses for him in Wellington one year, and not only does he do an incredible job he also is a wonderful teacher. So not only will your horse feel amazing he was always more then willing to discuss exactly what is going on and take his time. Also very gentle and sweet with the horses.
    He had a Pegasus Laser that was pretty incredible too...not sure if that would be helpful to your guy or not.
    It\'s not the color of the ribbon that counts,but the color of the ride.
    Oh My!

I've used Jennifer Bevis for a while now and I love her. I have used others before but have noticed the most improvement with her. Her number is 352-338-1947. She does people during the week (and sees a lot of riders, too) and horses on Fridays and some Saturdays. She charges $90 the first visit and $75 every time after that. So it is affordable to get it done more often.

Our boarder uses Marilyn Maylor and swears by her and I've heard other great reviews also. I have met her and she is really nice. If Jennifer ever quits this is who I would use.
    Visit my website @ http://hihorsefarm.tripod.com (PONIES!)
    and
    http://heidalaycavaliers.tripod.com (Cavalier King Charles Spaniels)

Another vote for Dr. Marilyn Maler. She has done a very good job on my upper-level event mare and was very patient with her (the mare is NOT easy to work on).

question how did you get Dr. Maler to call you back as a non established client? no luck so far

I've referred her to a few people and so far no problems with contacting her. Keep at it!
    Ryu Equestrian & Facebook Page
    Sakura Hill Farm & Facebook Page
    Boarding, Training, Consignment Sales & Breeding
    Osteen & Gainesville, Florida.

Default Scott Robinson

Scott is wonderful with horses. He's got a natural way with them. He rides as well. He's in Ocala for the winter and can be reached at 603-387-1530.

Thanks so much for the names and numbers i'll call around after the weekend

wanghijx6 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mel0309 View Post
    I've used Jennifer Bevis for a while now and I love her. I have used others before but have noticed the most improvement with her. Her number is 352-338-1947. She does people during the week (and sees a lot of riders, too) and horses on Fridays and some Saturdays. She charges $90 the first visit and $75 every time after that. So it is affordable to get it done more often.

Our boarder uses Marilyn Maylor and swears by her and I've heard other great reviews also. I have met her and she is really nice. If Jennifer ever quits this is who I would use.
    Thanks for your analysis! I got more deep understanding about this part, It's quite useful.

Another vote for Dr Redman. He is in Gainesville and will travel. He is very thorough and patient.
    As is our confidence, so is our capacity. ~W. Hazlitt

Gift Hill Farm