The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Melanie Smith Taylor

In the hunter/jumper forum is information about a clinic with Melanie Smith Taylor coming to Aiken in March. She is co-chair and founder of the Emerging Athletes Program. Clinic is expensive but auditing is very reasonable.

She lives less than 20 minutes from me, but she doesn't teach anyone in the area. She's supposed to be amazing so anyone who can should go!
    T3DE Pact

Several big eventers in Aiken are riding with her. My horse has a cold so not going to ride. I would definitly audit if I didn't live so far away.

at least audit.
    breeder of Mercury!

remember to enjoy the moment, and take a moment to enjoy and give God the glory for these wonderful horses in our lives.BECAUSE: LIFE is What Happens While Making Other Plans

We have done many clinics with Melanie Smith Taylor and in each we have had event riders. They have found her clinics quite helpful for their disciplines...not just hunters/jumpers. I think for sure you will want to audit and you will probably regret not riding in the clinic. She is THAT good.

Please let us know what you think after you attend.

She was the keynote speaker at the banquet for the USPC annual meeting a few weekds ago and we all really enjoyed her. I imagine she would be a fun clinician!

Thumbs up go, and let us know

She can build some fiendish courses, but, was always kind to deal with; I will never forget her and Calypso over the big oxer off the rail at the $100k G. P. at Commonwealth;

What a partnership they had
    breeder of Mercury!

remember to enjoy the moment, and take a moment to enjoy and give God the glory for these wonderful horses in our lives.BECAUSE: LIFE is What Happens While Making Other Plans

I audited an Emerging Athlete clinic she did with Linda Allen this fall. The first day was mostly Linda. The second was similar to a ride-a-test with both of them commenting on rides. Very educational. I would certainly audit and probably ride given the option. (Actually it is kind of crazy NOT to at least audit when someone of her stature and reputation is teaching locally!)

Definetely GO AUDIT!!! her clinics are demanding, but straightforward and easy to understand. She is clear, precise and is so personable to each and every rider and horse.Not only does she tell you what to do, she teaches you how to understand, how to do it, and why, so that you can continue your experience at home!!!She truly wants you to learn!!!!))