The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Will someone please go get this CANTER cutie??

"My shopping list is getting long but I will add the marshmallows right below the napalm." -Weighaton

Oh I saw her the other day and fell in love. If only she were bigger or my legs were shorter,LOL!!

WOW!! If I hadn't JUST gotten a new broodmare on Saturday, I would be making the trip for sure! She is stunning...
    Cornerstone Equestrian
    Home of Amazing (Balou du Rouet/Voltaire)
    KWPN, ISR/Old NA, RPSI, and IHF stallion
    www.cornerstonefarmpa.com

I know. She won't last for long .... what a sweet looking filly !!!!

Very cute horse! I wish I were ready to buy

She is gorgeous! I need a money tree!
    Owned by an Oldenburg

I wish I had a money tree also or maybe stop looking at the canter website(just joking).

I need a 10 acre farm and a money printing press.

she is totally darling!! love her!!

SOMEONE GO GET THIS SWEET GIRL!
    Proud member of the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

PONY'TUDE

She's very pretty but I'd want to know why she's four and has never raced but is still at the track, particularly given that she's not a big girl who might have needed the extra time to grow up. Hopefully it's just because she's got a owner who doesn't like to rush things but it might be good to confirm that it was not due to any physical (or mental) problems.

^ especially considering her breeding

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_girl221 View Post
    ding ding ding!

Plus, she's been on there a while, as far as CANTER horses that look like that go. Several months. I remember dying a little inside when I saw how she was bred...

Educate me a little more, please.

What do you call it when the front legs of the horse aren't vertical, but tilting back, somewhat? This horse isn't doing it much, but some. Is it a good thing or bad thing or neither?

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_girl221 View Post
    Anyone care to elaborate on what in her pedigree leads you to believe she may be prone to physical or mental unsoundness?

Very interested in these sorts of things in general, plus one side of her pedigree is very similar to my horse. I'll refrain from telling you which side until I hear the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by EAY View Post
    She's very pretty but I'd want to know why she's four and has never raced but is still at the track, particularly given that she's not a big girl who might have needed the extra time to grow up. Hopefully it's just because she's got a owner who doesn't like to rush things but it might be good to confirm that it was not due to any physical (or mental) problems.
    Listing says she shows no speed. No point in investing the money on a racing career is you know ahead of time they won't perform.
    She's kind of on the small side - that might be one reason she hasn't found a new home.

Quote Originally Posted by Coppers mom View Post
    ding ding ding!

Plus, she's been on there a while, as far as CANTER horses that look like that go. Several months. I remember dying a little inside when I saw how she was bred...

I don't know... we had one on mid-atlantic that was started late for no particular reason (trainers were the owner and breeder and just had a lot of horses, basically). She sat on the website for ages - almost a year. But no soundness issues, with x rays and ultrasounds and the whole nine. Very attractive, quiet, and easy keeper - length of time on the site doesn't necessarily mean anything.

(it might, but not always)

I did look at the pedigree and was surprised to see Mariah's Storm - for those who are like, "what?" that's the mare the movie "Dreamer" was loosely based on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariah's_Storm
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

With those 4 stockings, one hind stocking 'pointing' up the leg at the hock, she would be likely to produce a sabino, or even a 'white' (max expressed sabino) when bred to Airdrie Apache, one of his sons like Painting Freedom, http://barbaradlivingston.photoshelt...000dBqQXJtp1qI
    or some of the other colored TBs. And is that a pink spot on her lower lip, on her left side? Even more likely to produce sabino, if it is.

The last picture is freaking adorable.

Default hmm..

I could be wrong but I *think* this mare was listed at 14.3hh for a while. Soo..maybe she's still growing. But not much.
    I'm 5'2" so if someone wants to truck her across the state for me, and maybe make me their corporate sponsoree, I'll graciously accept

Quote Originally Posted by FineAlready View Post
    Anyone care to elaborate on what in her pedigree leads you to believe she may be prone to physical or mental unsoundness?

Very interested in these sorts of things in general, plus one side of her pedigree is very similar to my horse. I'll refrain from telling you which side until I hear the answer.
    Storm Cat offspring are known for their unsoundness, and pretty much everything I've run into by Halo has been totally whacko, even with him a few generations back. She's got both very close up.

That, coupled with her being on there for so long is what makes me think that there must be something, other than size, keeping the buyers away.