The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Freebird and I had a great time last year but sure missed everyone else. Shall we try again?

Vote for your best Saturday and we'll pick the one that most can attend.

> November 12th
    > November 19th
    > December 3rd
    > December 10th

We'll meet at 9am in the center of town at Santa's Shelter (where the carriages line up) and then hit the stores! I'll even up the ante by buying everyone a Flossie's Famous Funnel Cake (mmmmmm http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif)
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

Freebird and I had a great time last year but sure missed everyone else. Shall we try again?

Vote for your best Saturday and we'll pick the one that most can attend.

> November 12th
    > November 19th
    > December 3rd
    > December 10th

We'll meet at 9am in the center of town at Santa's Shelter (where the carriages line up) and then hit the stores! I'll even up the ante by buying everyone a Flossie's Famous Funnel Cake (mmmmmm http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif)
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

i wish i could make it. i will be in your neck of the woods visiting my folks for thanksgiving. they live in skylake in sautee. anyone near there that may want to get together for coffee that weekend?
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons--For you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!!

Either Nov 19 or Dec 10 would work for me! I really DO want to do this!!
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

I really want to as well, but dont think I can swing it.
    Ya'll choose a date and maybe I can make it!
    Busy Bee Farm, Ellijay, GA
    Never Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly
    Way Back Texas~04/20/90-09/17/08
    Green Alligator "Captain"

Where's Helen?
    Hannibal, my boy. April 15, 2000 - September 1, 2005

Oh! Maybe this will be an incentive to ACTUALLY do some shopping! Any of those dates would work for me...but I second ESMT, where is Helen? :-D But better believe I'll be there...if someone gives me good directions

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EquineSportMT:
    Where's Helen? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the beautiful hills of Northern Georgia. Click Here for an overview of what Helen has to offer.

An option for those interested: we meet Friday night and stay over at the Fairfield Inn -- it's right in the middle of town on the 'Hooch. Freebird and I stayed there last year and it was very nice. (Convenient, too, for depositing full shopping bags. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sammy's Mom:
    i wish i could make it. i will be in your neck of the woods visiting my folks for thanksgiving. they live in skylake in sautee. anyone near there that may want to get together for coffee that weekend? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh, if "coffee" comes after dinner at The Edelweiss Inn in Sautee, hubby and I will go back up in a heart beat!

Uh, if "coffee" comes after dinner at The Edelweiss Inn in Sautee, hubby and I will go back up in a heart beat![/QUOTE]

Edelweiss is one of our favoite resterauunts to visit--i think my parents eat there weekly. i havn't been since it chnged hands but mom says it is still good. i will miss egon and elke!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons--For you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!!

Yes, it's still good. Wiener Schnitzel, Rouladen, Spaetzle', Cucumber Salad, Red Cabbage...AAAAHHHH! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_redface.gif

I'll try to make it. I was Chocomare's Santa, and Sammy's Mom was mine. Would be great to actually meet! I'm about 2 hours away, so don't know if I could stay for dinner, especially after BYOB. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif
    Life is great when you can hug a horse.

As things stand right now, I can do any of those dates! Count me in!
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

Seems the 19th is most popular right now but I'll keep this post bumped up until November 4th for voting purposes. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif

OOOH I want to go! I missed out last year http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif I'll try to come really hard this time!

Sunny: Is there a particular date that is good/best for you?

19th sounds good to me!

oh, and a mention, looking at the calendar right now, 19th is best for me too

Well, the 19th it is then! Perfect timing for your COTH Secret Santa Shopping. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif

If you're gonna be in the "overnight" gang on the 18th, lemme know so and we can meet for dinner or dessert.

For the day-trippers, just a reminder: We'll meet at 9am in the center of town where the big tree and Santa's Shelter are. I'll have a little sign handy so we don't miss each other.

See ya's then!!!