The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 166 of 166 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 3315

I think it is a definite step in the right direction.

It adds " expel the member or deny membership to a nonmember for life." as a possible punishment by the Hearing Committee- which wasn't there before.

And it makes "convicted in a court of law of any crime related to the death of a horse," sufficient- without needing a violation of USEF rules.

I would like to see it extended to horse related "fraud and abuse", but definitely a step in the right direction.
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

Quote Originally Posted by Janet View Post
    I would like to see it extended to horse related "fraud and abuse", but definitely a step in the right direction.
    Might have to spend too much time meeting - too many instances of fraud and abuse amongst members ....and the Fed might just lose a few people... oh dear...

I agree, Long's proposal IS a step in the right direction!
    co-author of 101 Jumping Exercises & The Rider's Fitness Program; Soon to come: Dead Ringer - a tale of equine mystery and intrique! Former Moderator!

If you aren't a member of the USEF, will writing still help??
    "Wost Case Ontario..."

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherford View Post
    Might have to spend too much time meeting - too many instances of fraud and abuse amongst members ....and the Fed might just lose a few people... oh dear...

I agree, Long's proposal IS a step in the right direction!
    Amen.....I'm thrilled that Long stepped up to the plate! And hope it will eventually include other horse related crimes. The USEF should be more concerned with all the GOOD horse people who have left the show circuit because of the bad ones. I know in my case, of the dozens of original victims who were members, only 5 remain that I am aware of. If the USEF wants to look at this from a $$$ stand point then they have lost big!!!!

Like the old saying.....one bad apple can spoil the whole bunch....or in the horse world...one bad horse person can run off dozens of good ones!!

Default 400 letters for Valliere

Didn't I just see in Hildegard Frostbite that Paul has 400 letters supporting his reinstatement, and is working with a DC law firm? 400 letters for him, 7,500 signatures for us...hmmm

Bumping this up so that people can see John Long's rule change proposal.

http://www.usef.org/documents/ruleChanges/588-06.pdf

I can live with this if y'all can.
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

Red face WELL it is a start

I think War Admiral that we can safely say that the campaign was not a waste of time or energy and it did get attention. I'm not sure that it should be up to the Hearing Committee to determine the particular punishment. It seems to me a conviction in a public court of law should be the determining factor.

Membership in the Federation is not a matter of Civil Rights. I believe there are more serious civil rights lost by any convicted felon than Membership in a Competition Federation.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbird View Post
    I think War Admiral that we can safely say that the campaign was not a waste of time or energy and it did get attention.
    Well, at least it proves they are listening. It's hard to say at this point whether this counterproposal is a token gesture or not... We'll have to wait and see what happens when it comes into play. But if NOTHING else, having life suspensions right there in the rule book may work as a deterrent for future felons (you KNOW there will be plenty!).

I'm not sure that it should be up to the Hearing Committee to determine the particular punishment. It seems to me a conviction in a public court of law should be the determining factor.
    And I agree with you 100%, but realistically it is going to take a LONG time for certain of the USEF mucky-mucks to acknowledge that being the officially government sanctioned NGB nowadays makes USEF no longer a private party where they can invite whomsoever they please, irrespective of the circumstances.

All we can do is keep chipping away and hope we can get the message across eventually.

Thanks to everyone for your support. If it hadn't been for all y'all, quite honestly I don't think we could have got this far!!
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

Default Long live Grass roots

Woohoo for the "little folk"

Thanks WA!!!

Default It's a start!!!

War Admiral and Snowy......I'll take this over nothing!!! And I will be more than happy to submit changes again, how 'bout you?

Quote Originally Posted by RNB View Post
    War Admiral and Snowy......I'll take this over nothing!!! And I will be more than happy to submit changes again, how 'bout you?
    OK, unless any of y'all have any objections, it's official - No Reinstatement is going to support the John Long proposal.

Speak now if you have any comments, please!!!

...And yeah, RNB, I'm sure we'll think of ways to keep them entertained. Possibly sooner than they think.

Arrow I agree RNB

We'll take what we can get and come back next year with a rewrite. If we don't get it done we'll make them remember the scams that have been worked on this sport.

Default You bet!!!

I hope to have more ammo next time around and I will be honored to work with you both again!!!! Like the old saying...."the squeaky wheel gets oiled first"!!! I think we're pretty loud squeakers and they're starting to hear us!!!

a short stride is better than a refusal
    Nothing says "I love you" like a tractor. (Clydejumper)

The reports states, “Elizabeth reported that she accidently put down this pony, ........, at the show.”

So, are you officially withdrawing the other proposals?
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).