The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 13 of 166 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    12th floor of the Acme building in a city that knows how to keep it's secrets.

scout33, odd as it may seem, that's exactly what I am saying. For example there was no uproar about Nancy Banfield because no one knew she had reapplied. Had I known, I would have raised a stink.

Go back and look for yourself. It's incredibly easy to track. Each post has a date on it so you can lay out the entire progression of the threads.

It started with the Genesis Farm thread.
    You will not rise to the occasion, you will default to your level of training.

How does the reinstatement process work and is there any public announcement of such on the website or in Equestrian magazine?

Do we just find out someone has requested reinstatement when they are welcomed back to the fold?

I was wondering the same thing, Midge.
    \"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E

And according to these posts and what War Admiral has said your don't have any idea that PV has in fact reapplied you just are assuming he will.

Although it may not seem I know how to direct myself through the on-line community I actually am able to do so all on my own.
    No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle. ~Winston Churchill

It's a logical thing to assume, given the PR ads that have been run over the past several years.

Starting the process now, for the "no reinstatement" side, makes logical sense, given the time frame.

If Paul does not re-apply, that's fine. The ball will be easier to keep rolling if others attempt it.
    \"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E

scout33:

Whether PV or any other specific individual from the group in question do or do not apply for reinstatement, it's a safe bet that one of them will consider it, particularly since, as has been reported by other posts, some of these folks are still engaged in equestrian-related businesses. So, we are saying, as clearly as possible, that they will not be welcomed by us, should they choose to do so. Any equestrian organization that feels inclined to have a short memory about their misdeeds is now on notice that reinstating any of these folks will produce a s$$$storm of bad press, petitions, e-mails, phone calls, etc.
    I tolerate all kinds of animal idiosyncrasies.
    I've found that I don't tolerate people idiosyncrasies as well. - Casey09

Killing a horse for the sole reason of defrauding an insurance company goes way past a "mistake".
    He paid to get something killed. It's dead. Then he lied so he could get money for it being dead.

How does that define the highest standard of horsemanship and why is it in the best interest of the animal?

He's reformed???

What happens if he gets another horse for a client that disappoints?? Or finds himself short of cash??

Make no mistake, if he'd just have gone out and shot it, I wouldn't be signing that petition.
    But the hiring a hit man, financing the elaborate execution scheme then defrauding the insurance company???

Past what should be allowed to publically represent my sport.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

Yes, Scout, that is the case. Someone heard a rumor he had applied, but no actually knowledge. However, since Nancy Banfield reapplied and was reinstated 'under the radar', so to speak, it's probably better that we get our ducks in a row regardless of the when.

Scout, I am sorry if I seemed to imply you didn't know how to navigate through an on-line community. Since you were surprised at my statement of how the whole thing started, and since you didn't know I had made a post asking if, in fact, we KNEW he had reapplied, I thought you might need a bit of help. My mistake!

I wonder what other training "techniques" were used on these horses before they were given up on and murdered.

Originally posted by findeight:
    Killing a horse for the sole reason of defrauding an insurance company goes way past a "mistake".
    He paid to get something killed. It's dead. Then he lied so he could get money for it being dead.

How does that define the highest standard of horsemanship and why is it in the best interest of the animal?

He's reformed???

What happens if he gets another horse for a client that disappoints?? Or finds himself short of cash??

Make no mistake, if he'd just have gone out and shot it, I wouldn't be signing that petition.
    But the hiring a hit man, financing the elaborate execution scheme then defrauding the insurance company???

Past what should be allowed to publically represent my sport.
    Also, he must have also "acted" remorseful in front of his clients and staff over the "colic death" of Roseau Platiere. It makes me sick just thinking about all the plotting that was involved......

I don't think I can forgive too easily and I'm NOT going to forget. If that makes me a founding member of the "Little People" clique so be it. It's something I can do for the memory of that poor horse.

My mistake I do apologize for not keeping better track of who said what on all the other threads.

Again, Midge I love how you patronize me.

I had thought this was a forum to discuss things whether we shared the same opinions or not without being patronized or attacked verbally at all turns. Maybe that was my mistake, amazing how people respond when there is the element of anonymity.

Roseau Platiere
    I'm sorry to sound naieve, but was Roseau Platiere actually killed at the Sugarbush horse show?

This whole situation continues to make me feel ill. http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/cry.gif
    In loving memory of Chutney (1977 - 2008)

My newest book, "Sandsablaze," available now!

Patronize you? I apologized and admitted I had made a mistake. Let me try again.

I am sorry anything in the tone of my posts led you to believe I am patronizing you in any way.

You'd be amazed at the things which send posters into attack mode. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...n_rolleyes.gif Just mention your tack noseband http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif

I guess it's hard to tell sometimes via email what the tone of a posts is.... sorry thought you were intentionally patronizing me.... just a miscommunication I guess

I also would like to know more about what was done to these horses to keep them performing prior to making the decision to kill them for their insurance money. You would think people willing to kill would also be willing to mask an injury and sell a lame horse...for the money they were supposed to be worth....Hmmmm....My stomach hurts just thinking about what people do to horses for money..not just this instance but across the board.
    Dance like no one is watching. Love like you have never been hurt.

THANK YOU Liz! I've signed, told about 900 friends on another list and also made a very small donation to the site.

Thank you for not just talking, but DOING something and for giving so many others an easy, effective way to participate!

Originally posted by scout33:
    I had thought this was a forum to discuss things whether we shared the same opinions or not without being patronized or attacked verbally at all turns. Maybe that was my mistake, amazing how people respond when there is the element of anonymity.
    Funny that, we could say the same thing about you? It appears you joined 2 days ago only to defend PV - who exactly are YOU?

Amazing how some people don't have a problem defending someone who lied, cheated and murdered a horse when there is an element of anonymity.

OK-Now you are really all going too far...You wonder what was making these horses perform prior to the incident? Are you accusing the name in question of a crime based on your limited knowledge? I am certain that throughout the very thorough process of investigation that ensued had there been any evidence of cruel training methods they most certainly would have surfaced.
    As a boarder at AWF, I can say that the training methods I witnessed at another 'local show barn' were unlike anything I have witnessed at Pauls...
    Is there any way to press charges for 'tack rails'? or depriving horses of food completely, because they are a bit 'too fresh'? perhaps chasing them around an indoor with a lunge whip, to the point of a possible career ending injury? Merely because said 'trainer' is afraid of getting on a frisky horse? Or a hard punch in the face of a horse that might nip?
    But yet these 'trainers' are allowed to continue their cruel and unusual practices and refer to it as 'training...'?
    I think it is fair to say that Pauls ability as a trainer is not in question, moreso his judgement.
    Let's try to stay focused.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Perfect Pony:

Funny that, we could say the same thing about you? It appears you joined 2 days ago only to defend PV - who exactly are YOU?

First I don't think it's any of your business who I am. But since you choose to attack me and my reasons for joining I will respond.

I had been a member on these forums previously but forgot all my information as I had my laptop stolen when my car was broken into. The authorities told me to create all new screen names passwords etc on anything that was on my computer since identity theft is a big issus. SO, no I did not just join to defend PV and how dare you question me and my intentions on this forum. I am doing what everyone else does on this forum, which is express an opinion which I, as are you are entitled to, regardless if we agree or disagree.

I also am an active member in the H/J community and have been for over 20 years. SO sorry I haven't been able to post over 3000 times like you have.

anthem - I was referring to all of the horses killed and their trainers. And imo, it wasn't a stretch to wonder.