The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wow! Thanks for the Prayers and Jingles!

To all of my COTH friends,

I truly want to express my gratitude for all of your prayers, jingles and well wishes. I have seen so many of us pull through rough times, because someone took the time to post for help. Y'all are the best!

I believe that I learned many things from this horrific experience. The first and most important is that husbands are often more right, than we are. Mine had been after me all day to hydrate. In my mind, I did and told him so quite often. When he told me to go sit in the truck with the AC on and wait for him to take care of Tess, I did not listen. I will try to never make that mistake again.

The second thing that I learned was that we are not that different from our horses. I got to experience everything that was done to Tess, when she was so sick for two weeks at Rood and Riddle last year. My veins were collapsing, so the Docs had to put in a port (Deltawave will know the correct term) in the side of my neck. It was done so that I could get medicine, blood transfusions, heart monitoring, check blood gas, etc. When the Doc had to insert a nasal/gastric tube, so that they could get dye into me for xrays, then wait until the xrays could be read, I understood how our horses feel when being tube wormed/mineral oiled. God Bless them. They take so much from us, usually without protest. If you have never had that done to you, then count your blessings. It hurts.

TLE, thank you so much for being a support person for my DH. Needless to say, he was very rattled. I especially appreciated the flowers from Laura, Gemwood Events and you. They are lovely.

Thanks to Maddie and Karl, who helped with Tess at the show. Maddie, who had never been on Tess before that Saturday morning, rode her to a win in the BN open division. Mad, you are amazing! Tess is not too bad herself, either.

With all of the gallons of fluids that were pumped into me, I am a beached whale. If I had not brought some extremely baggy shorts with me to the event, I have no clue what I would have worn home. As it was, underware was out of question. How long does this stuff take to get out of your system? Yikes!

BTW, there truly is a Dr. McDreamy. He resides at the Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton, OH. He was the kindest of the Docs, too. After I was moved out of ICU, he would come down to the lower floor every morning to see how I was improving. When he left, my roomate asked me how she could get a Doc like him? Maybe the good folks of COTH sent him to brighten my day?
    When in Doubt, let your horse do the Thinking!

WOW ~ So glad you are home and feeling better ~ Jingles continue ~ Jingle Jingle Jingle & AO ~ Always Optimistic !
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Default Wonderful to hear from you...

So happy that you're home...you'll come thru this fine and then really marvel at yourself (like we are doing right now ).

In the meantime, give yourself the task of resting so that you can really heal. One of the benefits of having to deal with that damn halo for so many monts and weeks was that I had no choice but to do nothing really active outside of my work as a teacher...

again, this is SUCH a nice moment to hear from you!!! Take care!!!

Lynda
    ~ it no longer matters what level I do, as long as I am doing it..~ with many thanks, to Elizabeth Callahan

So glad to hear you are home and getting better!!!

Now---- DON'T EVER SCARE US LIKE THAT AGAIN!!!!
    The only difference between a runaway and a fast gallop is nothing but a SMILE
    Most horses cross the Rainbow Bridge, but TEDDY JUMPED IT!!!
    Member of the COTH Enabler Clique

How scary! I'm glad everything turned out okay and you got to see a McDreamy Send him over to Columbus, please!

So glad to hear you're better!

Very glad for a happy outcome from a scary situation!
    PennyG

I somehow completely missed the post about you needing jingles.... So glad to hear you are home and well!! Rest up!!
    There is no secret so close as that between a rider and his horse-Robert Smith Surtees
    Breeding TBs, Connemaras and TB/Conn crosses for eventing
    www.twistoffateeventing.com

Glad you are home and healthy. What a horrible, scary thing to happen! And I have to say that Dr. Mc Dreamy exists in Ann Arbor...just sayin'...

So glad you are better...as RFI said, rest, and get better. Oh, and stay near a bathroom! LOL
    I have too many ponies but love 'em all!

http://foxview-farm.blogspot.com/

O my GOODNESS! How did I miss this? I'm so happy to hear you're on the mend. Take good care and let us know when you're back in the tack bc I'm guessing it won't be long
    Proud and achy member of the Eventing Grannies clique.

So happy to hear you are alright!!!!!! Listen to your hubbie!

Very glad you are OK! You know eventers, all concrete and steel on the outside, all marshmallow fluff and goodness on the inside! Now, listen to your husband!

Yah, what Pink Diamond said! But very glad you are home and resting.
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com

I was so happy to see this thread! What an ordeal. Maybe others will learn from this and stay hydrated!! I know I made a special effort this past weekend because of you.

Yeah, glad to hear that things are going better.

But I have one suggestion...don't admit to your husband that he was right & you were wrong; you'll never live it down

Really glad that you are doing better!!

Quote Originally Posted by riderboy View Post
    Very glad you are OK! You know eventers, all concrete and steel on the outside, all marshmallow fluff and goodness on the inside! Now, listen to your husband!
    This made me chuckle....

So glad you are home! Take care and rest up.

Glad to hear you are doing better!!!!

Great news!

I'm going to remove the curb chains from my horses' halters now. The noise was keeping me up at night, but totally worth it now that you are better.
    They don't call me frugal for nothing.
    Proud and achy member of the Eventing Grannies clique.

So happy you are home and healing! Thanks for the PSA
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim