The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    WA. The Evergreen State Where The Horses Are Forever Green

I just got a packet full of Red NO REINSTATEMENT bracelets from Saturday Night Live.

Thank you!!!

Hope to have some on people at the WSHJA Awards Banquet tomorrow night.

I just got a packet full of Red NO REINSTATEMENT bracelets from Saturday Night Live.

Thank you!!!

Hope to have some on people at the WSHJA Awards Banquet tomorrow night.

I am wearing the one she gave me right now.

I will also be ordering some when I get back to the East Coast, if Bumpkin runs out http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif
    Seig Heil Polo Shirt!

quote:
    Originally posted by SaturdayNightLive:
    Ok, I'm gonna mention one more time that I have bracelets that read No Reinstatement. If you want one, please PM me and I'll send one on to you.

Just in case no one understands.
    http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/yes.gif

So glad I could be of service. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif I do still have a couple left if anyone is interested.
    "Are you yawning? You don't ride well enough to yawn. I can yawn, because I ride better than you. Meredith Michael Beerbaum can yawn. But you? Not so much..."
    -George Morris

how do we get these? I signed the petition, and would like to have one. I'm sure dressager would like one too.

Haha, scratch that. I have no more. But try Snowbird or Bumpkin if you want one.
    "Are you yawning? You don't ride well enough to yawn. I can yawn, because I ride better than you. Meredith Michael Beerbaum can yawn. But you? Not so much..."
    -George Morris

Oahu, Hawaii until we return to the Appling, Ga farm.

what the heck are they? or what do they represent?

i thought you really meant from the show saturday night live.
    "Lose your temper, lose your horse" -someone wise enough to know better than to pick a fight with a 1200 lb animal that could launch you to the moon.

I believe they are to show support to NOT reinstate Paul Valliere- Basically, he hired people to "dispose" of horses that were no longer what they were to get insurance money for his clients- He is still a very well known trainer and although was given a 10 year ban from the then AHSA, he continues to coach from off the grounds. He is up for reinstatement this year- which would mean that someone who coldbloodedly killed horses for insurance money will be allowed back onto what is now USEF showgrounds.
    My name is dressager and I am a COTH addict... Join us in the aim chat ( keyword: COTH aim chat ) for some real fun!

Saturday Night Live happens to be my fantabulous gelding's show name. But I understand how it could get confusing...
    -George Morris

Lets hope the petition and the bracelets have some effect.

otherwise, you're all going to look REALLY silly, wearing your bracelets while he's competing in the ring.
    LESS HARD WORK, MORE FINE DINING!™
    complicate, obfuscate, prevaricate.

Please take the time to sign the petition, full name, addy and so on. If you are around other horsepeople get that reinstatement bracelet. If you are a member of other bulletin boards, spread the word. Let others know what is happening. Here is more information for those who do not recall what happened.

"You may remember the horse killings in the horse industry 10 years ago. A few professionals in the hunter/jumper group of the United States Equestrian Fed(USEF) were involved in killing horses for insurance profit. Now some of those killers are coming up for reinstatement and feel that "the little people" should forgive them for killing these horses for profit. One of them Paul Valliere(PV) is coming up for reinstatement in April of this year. Another convicted horse killer, Nancy Banfield has already slipped back in and was reinstated without anyone noticing.

Many people say that Paul Valliere has continued to mock the USEF and the rest of the horse world or what his group of friends have labeled the "little people." Allegedly, he has never stopped his involvement with horse shows(has merrily danced through all kinds of loopholes)and has a show barn in eye site of the show grounds where he warms up riders and sends them to the show grounds. He is not allowed on the grounds, but has been seen in the parking lots many times. Keep in mind that this man paid a professional horse killer to come into his barn, when no one was there, who put one clamp on the horses anus and other on its ear than plugged this combination into a wall socket. The horse was killed by electrical current. Why? Because PV could not get the horse to perform the way he wanted it to. That is right, he killed the horse for the insurance money, premeditated and with intent for profit. He was convicted, than wore a wire to turn in the rest of his friends. This makes many of the little people upset as we do not like people like that in our organization, or in fact in the horse industry.

In the sports world we remember Tanya Harding with the ice skating incident. She has never been allowed back into the sport at any level. Than there was Pete Rose. A real champion who could not even get into the hall of fame because he was suspended after getting caught gambling. These people did not kill and yet they are no longer wanted by their respective sports.

If you go to the web site, the Chronicle of the Horse (chronicleforums.com) You will see how many horse people are angered and what is being said. Lots of facts and information. Look under the hunter/jumper section. Threads that are hot right now are "The Paul Valliere and NOT Genesis Farm" and "The "NO REINSTATEMENT" thread, as well as “Excerpt from “Hot Blood”, Horse Insurance Killings True Crime Novel and other documents.
    marty

I'd like to see a competitor with the chutzpah to write No Reinstatement in striping or bling on their helmet.
    Or maybe mail PV a bracelet. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif
    Also, t-shirts or sweatshirts with the same sentiments on it are more visible and could help make a point. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

so how can we get some of these?

I've tried to sign the petition several times but an "error" message comes up each & every time. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...n_confused.gif
    "Concern for animals is a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher Stowe 1811-1896

Ponies are cool!

Good idea, MistyBlue! I also like calling the local WPB media. They should hook onto this pretty fast. As I recall, didn't Dateline do a story on this when it first happened?

Equinelaundry, are you using AOL? The petition web site doesn't work w/ the AOL browser. So minimize that, and try with Internet Explorer, Netscape, or Firefox.

There are some great ideas in this thread!! Anyone who cares to volunteer?? http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

Even if Mr. Valliere is reinstated, I will wear the bracelet - especially if I happen to be competing at the same show as him. I will express my sentiments over his reinstatement whether USEF cares or not.
    -George Morris

SNL is out of bracelets, as am I.
    I heard that SNOWBIRD is making more.