The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Business As Usual: Chronicle Censors the Truth

Please post here.

MOD 1, please BAN the posters who are rude and do not follow the rules, but let the truth be known for the HORSES!!!
    One was saved this week and in my humble opinion, the long thread DID have something to do with his fate.
    Please reconsider!

They let one bad apple whose goal was to derail the thread win !!! What a bunch of crap !

Sorta near the Devon Horse Show grounds...

Sadly, this could not be more true. That poster attacked every other poster with questions and factual information about SB, and provided no factual information themselves, at all- other than the fact that SB had sent at least one horse to slaughter.

This is a HUGE issue, and the COTHers could provide a real opportunity for horses at this track to have a safety net. Without discussions like this one, only the insiders are aware of what is going on, and pressure cannot be brought to bear on those who desperately need to be brought to justice.
    When someone shows you who they are, BELIEVE them- Maya Angelou
    www.americansaddlebredsporthorse.net
    http://www.asbsporthorse.blogspot.com/

Looks like somebody got exactly what they wanted....
    Five Star Tack

Boycott all COTH advertisers on the right until the thread is put back up. That is what I'm doing. I had a hefty order ready to place with Dover Saddlery - not anymore.

Missed the action :/. Could someone PM me the details? I love OTTB's and would like to help, if I can.
    Mel

Well thanks to Lori B, I have a full page view of the bb and see NO ads... I guess that's my way of boycotting.
    Dick, I hope you let Dover know you are not going through with the order due to Coth's censorship of a very important issue.

Maudie, read the other Business as Usual thread.

Quote Originally Posted by maudie View Post
    Missed the action :/. Could someone PM me the details? I love OTTB's and would like to help, if I can.
    It's what was discussed in the other Business as Usual thread on the racing page.

Sorry, I thought that this was the original thread, and the mods deleted the posts.

My bad!
    Mel

Default One Bad Apple

Yup just as I predicted last night in my hasty PM's saw the hand wrting and we were to late.

If we can get back on topic here and ignore him no matter what guise he takes and DO NOT RESPOND but keep going forward in a productive informative fashion.

Does the board have the "ignore" function enabled? If so, seems like the poster to use it on.

Starting a thread to complain about a moderation decision is not the appropriate way to address it. We have been contemplating other means of addressing this situation, but displays like this one do not encourage us to provide further latitude to posters interested in continuing to pursue the discussion further.

This forum is provided as a free service and members agree to our posting policies when they join, which include our ability to moderate the site as we see fit.

The decision to close the other thread was not based upon the actions of one poster; it was a result of the cumulative and repeated disregard for our posting policies by many posters on BOTH sides of the debate.

We'll continue to evaluate the decision, but this thread is not helping your case.

Mod 1