The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Smile Another Rabbit Den

Elene,

Some other additional treatment thoughts from my husband's guru doctors.

Oxygenation has had some positive results.

Have you heard of Dr. Charles T. Meyers, (Snuffy Meyers)? He is a world class guru that National Institutes of Health recommended for my DH to see. He was head of onocology at NIH, then UVA. He started his own Institute in Charlottesville, Va. a number of years ago. While he is working on a different kind of cancer, it might be useful for you to look at his website. There is an enormous amount of state of the art info.

I so hope that there are some more rabbits that are waving their paws for you.

Don't change your plans one bit! You are an inspiration to all of us. Thank you!
    www.moranequinephoto.com
    "If I am fool, it is, at least, a doubting one; and I envy no one the certainty of his self-approved wisdom."
    Byron

Good for you, Elena! None of us get to choose how many days we have here, but we do get to choose how we spend them. You sound like you are spending yours very wisely!

Right !

Instead of changing and put down all ideas about horses, riding..I decide I would become a better rider, that I would educate my greenies more.

Staying positive and take it as an opportunity to learn more on me has brought me to huge discovery. I do have strenght and faith I did not know I had..Really.
    Élène

Fighting ovarian cancer ! 2013 huge turnaround as I am winning the battle !..
    http://esergerie.wordpress.com

Leena, you are remarkable and such an inspiration!! Good luck tomorrow!!
    Hugs, Bernie
    http://www.talloaksfarm.net ---"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts." --- Winston Churchill

Élène,
    I have never replied to your posts but always read them with admiration. As a 10 yrs+ BC survivor, I know a little bit of what you are going through, but I got off the boat quickly! You are such an inspiration and each of your posts keeps reminding me how stupid I am to have fallen back into the routine of taking care of everybody's needs before mine!
    I am not a rider but I did buy my daughter her mare shortly after my chemo was done. Horses are such a big part of healing, even if you just groom like me!

You are so strong and I hope you have family and friends nearby to give you the support you need at times. Quelquefois, le masque doit tomber et les émotions doivent pouvoir s'exprimer! J'ai souvent dû pleurer pour reprendre des forces. Le 9 juin est l'anniversaire de mon diagnostic. Je penserai très fort à vous! Bonne chance. Je ne dis pas "Bon courage"... je sais que vous l'avez!

Thinking of you today Leena. Best of luck! You're an amazingly strong woman.

Massive jingles and hugs for you. You are such an inspiration to everyone. Best of luck.

P.

Just reading your update post and I have to say it brought tears to my eyes. And you know what, when I'm out sitting with my mares and foals making sure everyone eats, it's you who I think of. I don't know why but I think of your youngsters and how they have inspired you and how you have probably inspired them.

Good on ya Leena.

Terri
    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

"I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.

Well, thanks everyone..

I went to the big doctor, the big research team and there is some choices in front of me but no surgery since it is too advanced.
    All of them carries their amount of pain.

So I went back home and rode my 2 fillies; I had a great great ride !

Tomorrow, I'll have to get an appointment with my regular onco..meantime I will need to think and talk with myself a little bit. The next steps will request not only strenght but courage..lots of courage.

This post helped me a lot and will still do in the next days..Throughout my words and all yours I travel this journey with even more serenity.
    Élène

Smile

Elene,

I went back over all the photos in your albums last night. What beautiful horses you have raised and trained! It was such a pleasure to know a bit more about you through them. I love the last photos of you on the silvery gray filly. The two of you are moving well together. I think your riding is improving all the time, and all I can see are the glimpses from still photos.

I am hoping that there are options for you to try. It sounds like there are, but require even more courage to deal with the pain. I hope you ride and tune with your horses. Then they will show you a way to stay with us longer. There is so much for us to learn from you. You are important to us.
    Hugs,
    Robin

it's not the edge of the earth, but you can see it from here

Elene,

Whicker said it... There is so much for us to learn from you, you are VERY important to us.

*I* have no doubt that you have *strength* and COURAGE in abundance.

I wish we could somehow take the pain away, lessen it... make it easier to bear.

Please, if you can, continue to let us know how you are doing, so we can pray and give you our strength and courage as much as we can...
    InnisFailte Pinto Sporthorses & Coloured Cobs
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bits are like cats, what's one more? (Petstorejunkie)

Thumbs up FROM ANOTHER CANCER SURVIVOR

I received this from a friend, breeder/ horse woman I hope it helps someone

I am going to pray for your friends. What are their first names? What
    kind of cancer?You can use my name. I have not connected with too many
    cancer patients as in my case everything that could go wrong did. The
    only hope I can share is that I am still here. I do feel as though
    half of who I was is gone forever.
    Most people who go through chemo say they feel like they are 10 years
    older than their real age. At times I still feel frail but I am
    stronger and managed to stay on a crow hopping 16.1 horse with a
    biting fly on him the other day.
    I would advise that although herbal & vitamin therapy is not good when
    you are trying to kill the tumor but, milk thistle which is just a
    cleansing fiber would be helpful for the liver filtering the chemo.. I
    take milk thistle every day now-600mgs. Wish I had taken it while on
    chemo,maybe I would still have my gall bladder and not have a liver
    like an alcoholic person.(full of cysts).
    There is always hope and I would tell your friends to look up a
    RESTORATIVE yoga instructor as soon as possible. It helped me greatly.
    I could ask my instructor for names if you like.
    breeder of Mercury!

remember to enjoy the moment, and take a moment to enjoy and give God the glory for these wonderful horses in our lives.BECAUSE: LIFE is What Happens While Making Other Plans

Thumbs up KICK ON1

Leena, wishing you many blessed days with your horses, kick on!
    breeder of Mercury!

remember to enjoy the moment, and take a moment to enjoy and give God the glory for these wonderful horses in our lives.BECAUSE: LIFE is What Happens While Making Other Plans

Clinic tomorrow and hope I will be there in good shape !

Otherwise no show until july; I cancelled the june 13th since I did not know what was going on with the doctor today.

Yes, living day by day is the best otherwise when I see people, I feel already gone to the funeral...
    Élène

Not if I have anything to say about it!
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Leena, I hope you get some good news from your oncologist today so you can heal and carry on riding your wonderful horses. Pain meds are really pretty good these days, not like when my son was treated in the 1970s. I've heard so many people say that chemo is so much different and easy now compared to years ago which is great. I pray that the new treatments will work for you and you can enjoy life for a long time. Prayers for you.
    Hugs, Bernie
    http://www.talloaksfarm.net ---"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts." --- Winston Churchill

Thanks Bernice..I know you are experiencing some issues too and hope you feel ok !

Well..I had a marvelous good time at the clinic ! My face went just right RED, I was looking for my breath but Gosh it was good. The clinician was marvelous and I learned a lot !

Tomorrow is another day but since that clinic, I feel so motivated to ride and ride..
    Here some pics..
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...otos/027-1.jpg
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...otos/028-2.jpg
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1..._photos/30.jpg

Cheers to life !
    Élène

I wish I could upload the last photo, in the first two I just catch a small glimpse of what must be your huge smile!

So happy for you that the rides went so well!
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Rock on, Élène.