The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 62 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1638

Cool GREAT UPDATE ~~~~ 19 and onward !

Great update ~ 19 and onward !

Enjoy !
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

I am thrilled you are having a wonderful and almost pain free autumn, Leena. You deserve every single moment.

Your young mare is gorgeous. As are you.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

Quote Originally Posted by Leena View Post
    I know this maybe just a moment so enjoy every minute.
    Something that we so often forget to do, your mare looks lovely BTW
    I'm not sure if I grew out of stupid or ran out of brave.

Practicing Member of the Not too Klassy for Boxed Wine Clique

Leena, I hope Hurricane Sandy did not drop too much rain on you (sounds like Montreal/Quebec has had warmer temperatures than we did in Ontario) and that you could relax by a fire or visit your horses.
    Toujours dans mes pensées!

Sandy was just a windy moment here.

We just had rain and rain so my ring is not the best place to be. I have not ride for a few days now and with the frisky days forecast, I think I'll have to wait for some snow to get back in the saddle.

I won't go anywhere this year, won't go to a boarding place with indoor as I use to do since I have problems dealing with driving some distance and also with the cold.

Staying home, get he young horses a break are my plans actually.

October was fantastic with me, no interdose needed, pain under control so I could ride a lot.
    This period is over unfortunately, some pain is showing again despite long term morphine action.

I am happy for a few things also; my young horses are rideable, trained well, got their saddles fitted, so I reached my goals with them. I now believe a few months off will be good for them if I don't find them good homes.
    I hope for 2013, hope I will be back in the saddle and maybe bring them to a small show, give them some milleage.

For now I just enjoy living, not making any plans for the next few weeks.
    Élène

Fighting ovarian cancer ! 2013 huge turnaround as I am winning the battle !..
    http://esergerie.wordpress.com

3 members found this post helpful.

Dear Leena,

I will get out today to ride and enjoy our fall colors. Not as dramatic as yours but still to be appreciated! Thanks for reminding us what's important and take care.

Pru

Leena - I'm sure that whoever buys your young horses will be very lucky; as we've watched and read about them being brought along, it is obvious that they have had a solid and caring start.
    Very sorry to hear that you are having the pain again, and hoping that it doesn't last too long so you can enjoy a bit of "down time".
    We don't get less brave; we get a bigger sense of self-preservation........

Hi Leena,

Thinking about you and the cold! Stay warm and hang in there.

Default Enjoying this Fall weather and horses ~

Jingles & AO you are again continuing to enjoy the fall weather and your lovely horses ~

Just looked through your album and trying to type through my tears. I wanted to say that you are truly an inspiration and pray that you keep on smiling and riding.

Default Looking in on you ~ hope you are taking care of yourself ~

Looking in on you ~ hope you are taking care of yourself ~

Hoping to read a post from you soon ~ Jingles & AO ~

Elene- Sending you hugs, prayers and jingles for pain free days ahead. You are an inspiration.

HI all !

I rode until the last minute of warm weather, so until november 24th and I has a real blast all the time !!! Both babies are in good shape; I reach my goals with them; they are ready to work more, to show. Both are now safe and fun to ride for anyone.

Being in pain or not, I went to ride almost everyday since it does really change the picture overall.

On monday my doctor decide to raise the dose slightly and also change the time period so I now take the morphine every 8 hours instead of 12 hours. It make a good change but I feel also more asleep than before. Anyway I'll get used to the doses probably by next week.

I'll have to change my webshots album since it has been bought out and in December 1st, won't be available unless I pay to remain it. I'll look for another free pictures website later this week, like photobuckets by example.

I am so happy to read every messages, it has such a positive impact on me ! Keep me moved by all this !

Otherwise, winter is at the door, horses are in their pasture and I am thinking maybe to work a little bit on the ground with them until we have sufficient snow to make a nice padding on the frozen ground for their hooves.
    I am not going to an indoor this year; driving is harder now and I can't really cope with cold as I did before, so I am staying home.

I love you all and thanks again for your good words !
    Élène

8 members found this post helpful.

Thanks for the update Leena! Thinking of you this holiday season.

Thanks for posting Leena, stay warm and please continue to update us, you are simply amazing.

What a trooper you are! I am down in Florida shivering when it is in the upper 50's and there you are talking about doing groundwork outside up there in the NORTH where it is really cold.
    I'll be doing some groundwork also, as my mare somehow bruised up her withers and is not happy about the saddle right now. The rest of her is just fine. I am disappointed as this is a multi week or month event and our show season is just starting. But I'm going to use you as an example and set a plan and stick to it. Hope to keep her fitness level reasonable.
    Keep on fighting girl!
    We don't get less brave; we get a bigger sense of self-preservation........

Leena - thank you for being my inspiration each and every day! When I am just a bit out of sorts to ride - I think of you and it gives me the push I need to go and enjoy the ride whenever possible. You also have helped me to listen to my horses more and I strive at riding balanced to get the happier horse.
    Your posts are also a big help for understanding what my sister is going through as she has been fighting breast cancer since 2001. She is my hero and I understand her fight better through your posts.
    Thank you so much!

1 members found this post helpful.

Hi Leena/ Elene

I've been following your story and admire you very much.

You make me ashamed of whining about silly things. Thank you.

I hope you have already downloaded your photos from webshots if you want to save them. I am in the same boat and despite all promises they lost my photos. Fortunately I had saved them to my computer .

Here is a thread about other options for photo hosting.

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...ecommendations

I'll choose photobucket since I have an account overthere already.

Thanks so much for all the replies ! I am so happy my journey can help in so many ways.
    Fighting cancer is not the best news in life and it is hard, it drain out energy, it keeps individual always under a lots of stress, you never know what is the next step, especially when like in my case there is no futur.

It is like being backstabed constently. Nothing is really real, even the best evening..pain can come out, energy level can occur and then you just look like a doll that lost the battery.

I can't believe myself how much I did throughout those 5 years already, I don't know where I took the courage, the strenght to ride, to train and show almost 10 different horses.
    Writing my journey and when I read back, I am so surprise I did so much to stay alive, to keep faith, to look forward and to live the moment as much as I could.

Horses were a large share of all this, with hubby and my family support..I have never been alone, isolated at any moment. I am also so thankfull for my doctor, nurses support and services.

All what to say about all of you ! You have been, are and will be I am sure with me until the end. Even if it is just by curiosity, everybody wants to know the end and I choose an happy end a long time ago. I choose to find happy moments, to make my like full of colors, laugh and interesting to live.

The end is not right now; I am looking to celebrate Xmas like every one, and be there for the new year.
    I feel full of life even if it last for a few moment in a day ! My mind is still full of projects, even if I can do just a little of what I plan.

It does not matter..What matter is maximising every second of each day, look for the quality, not the quantity and do my best.

I went to the barn this morning and both horses were waiting for me; it has been a week, only one week till I stop riding and already they looked bored...

I just wait for a good snow storm and then I am going to ride in the field, jjumping every stride in the big snow..that will be so fun !
    Élène

2 members found this post helpful.

Thank you for posting. You are an inspiration in more ways than you know. Sophie is a big girl but very sensitive. I always remind myself to "Ride like Leena"
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

1 members found this post helpful.