The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 2440

Default Elk Creek Ranch today & the Fly Girls

For those that remember the 2 cats from Elk Creek Ranch Butterfly and Firefly they now live at my farm near ECR and both have recently been to my vet. Firefly had a serious lung infection and required time at my house with antibiotics. I took her to the emergency vet and then my vet and after weeks in my house getting antibiotics I took her back to my vet where she got a clean bill of health and got rabies shot and is now back at my farm. Then I noticed Butterfly (deaf grey cat who rode the tractor) had sensitive ears and would shake her head and I heard fluid shake. I got her to the vet and he found a growth in her ears probably causing her deafness and infection. Her ears were operated on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 with the promise of hearing for the first time since I've had her.

About a year ago perhaps Elk Creek Ranch was sold to someone who wants to keep open space in our township. Gill didn't get his million + $$$ that he was asking, less than a million. I went there and there were no horses at all, just a donkey and a couple of goats. I'd love to know what he's doing with the property, mine backs up to it.

"I am going to have horse racing as my business, and my hobby will be punishing each and every one of you pinheads, so happy blogging you have my attention"
    Michael Gill-2010

Quote Originally Posted by Profidia View Post
    Smells fishy to me.

Mike Gill is like Henry Hill.....even better yet, Nicky Barnes or Frank Lucas.

Gill was everything bad about the industry and then some. But when they no longer allowed him to play the game, he plays victim and starts naming names about what this person is doing or that person is doing.......some truth and some fictional(just to get even)

Latest episode of the Gill show
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm4ItgctYns
    "I am going to have horse racing as my business, and my hobby will be punishing each and every one of you pinheads, so happy blogging you have my attention"
    Michael Gill-2010

Ok, folks, I've agressively skimmed this thread. Can you please tell me what program training is? Thank you! (Not a racetrack girl, can you tell? But I've loved a lot of OTTBs - does that count?)
    "Personally I wouldn't ride at a barn that cared. The best barns care about great riding and horse care." - Justa Bob

Quote Originally Posted by m&m View Post
    Ok, folks, I've agressively skimmed this thread. Can you please tell me what program training is? Thank you! (Not a racetrack girl, can you tell? But I've loved a lot of OTTBs - does that count?)
    Certainly that counts!

Program training is when a licensed trainer allows his or her name to be used for an entry of a horse they're not really training.
    This type of falsification is most often done for benefit of people who are either ruled off, too stupid to pass their trainers test or some other such reason. (Great example being Richard Dutrow's girlfriend getting her trainer's license as soon as he lost his or Burton Sipp's string all running in his wife's name as they did for years)

Tracks run on the up and up won't put up with it but it can be a tough thing to catch or prove when everybody lies for each other.

Places that are corrupt to the core like Penn National pay lip service to not allowing it but tend to encourage it with a wink and a nod. Pennsylvania HBPA also tends to encourage it by providing medical insurance based on # of starts. This ensures a plentiful amount of people willing to do it just to get their coverage. Worst part of it is it makes a mockery of rulings and impossible to rid the sport of undesireables.
    Last edited by Profidia; Jun. 28, 2015 at 08:33 AM.
    Michael Gill-2010

Thank you - that makes things much more clear.
    "Personally I wouldn't ride at a barn that cared. The best barns care about great riding and horse care." - Justa Bob

When I was young, I loved racing. I totally, unknowingly, turned on the tv and watched Ruffian break her leg. Many years later, I jumped on the uneducated "racing is evil" bandwagon - although never, ever, EVER PETA-level.

Then I became friends with someone who grew up on the track, and worked on the track, and loves horses with all her heart. My mind opened, and I looked around me. I had already been disgusted beyond description by the horse murders in the hunter jumper world. I was disgusted by a woman who worked with Paul Valliere, one of the big names in that scandal. She quit working for him right before the story broke, and I thought she was honorable and ethical. Nope. She did it so she could take his students to the shows - the H/J world's answer to program training.

I also was with a show barn for many, many years where the horses got one hour of turn-out a day, including "travel time" - changing boots and blankets. And I was judging the track? One of my biggest objections was when I learned that they don't get turned out while they are on the track. So no turn out, and lots of attention, or 1 hour of turn out, with a lot less attention than racehorses get? What's the big difference? Oh yeah, and if they started to run in turn-out, they were brought in.

Thank God for my ability to change my mind, to open my mind.

The people who are being discussed on this thread are despicable. The people involved in the horse murders are despicable, and I will always wonder about the second wave of arrests that never ended up happening - who were they? Did I know any of them?

Racing is not evil. The hunter/jumper circuit is not evil. There are some nasty, nasty people involved in all the horses sports, and I give my deepest, heart felt thanks to those who help to bring those people to light.
    Last edited by m&m; Jun. 28, 2015 at 11:10 AM. Reason: basic proofreading

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by m&m View Post

The people who are being discussed on this thread are despicable. The people involved in the horse murders are despicable, and I will always wonder about the second wave of arrests that never ended up happening - who were they? Did I know any of them?

Racing is not evil. The hunter/jumper circuit is not evil. There are some nasty, nasty people involved in all the horses sports, and I give my deepest, heart felt thanks to those who help to bring those people to light.
    Latest episode of the Gill show:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et3msWbaeJw
    It's pretty good this week. Business as Usual at it's best.
    Michael Gill-2010

Quote Originally Posted by Profidia View Post
    Latest episode of the Gill show:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et3msWbaeJw
    It's pretty good this week. Business as Usual at it's best.
    How do you sit through that???????

Wowza...things must get pretty boring in New Hampshire.

Aww what the heck, Have another:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJXy5w_hCrw
    How about it Donnie Brown aka "Only one with a Brain"
    Want to come back and respond to any of this??? LMAO!!!!
    Michael Gill-2010

Michael Gill-2010

I am all for cleaning up horse racing and having stiff penalties and such but I don't see how they can charge her with that when they haven't charged every other trainer in the history of time who got a bad test with the same thing. I guess you have to start somewhere and maybe this will be the norm from here on out but I really don't like when they pick and choose targets. Like the clocker, every single clocker in the history of clockers did the exact same thing. I realize it doesn't make it right but that means you go after all of them not just one.

1 members found this post helpful.

I hear ya, Laurie... I was thinking the same thing.

I think it's great they are trying to clean house. I truly do. But the whole thing has been... weird. And inconsistent. It's the inconsistency that makes me question their motives. My hope is that they are just trying to send a message to, like you said, make this the "norm" from here on out.
    Don't fall for a girl who fell for a horse just to be number two in her world... ~EFO

On the comments section of this PaulickReport article, http://www.paulickreport.com/news/th...iracy-charges/ , I replied to JoeJoe who always seems to be defending Gill and making him out to be some innocent victim.

This person also likes to make it appear as if Gill is the guy who knew everything when he says, "I told you so" as if anything Gill says wasn't already said in this thread long ago. Gill has gotten much of his information from this thread and made it his own.

Anyway, I replied to JoeJoe's comment and as usual, Paulick deleted my comment. I have become the Dick Hertz on the Paulick website for speaking the truth(banned like two years ago).
    Paulick allows other posters to make claims like Jorge Navarro, Jamie Ness and others are cheating(as you can read in that thread), but deletes anything I say that is similar in nature.

Btw, the for the record, yes I believe both Navarro and Ness are cheaters as well.

Here is the JoeJoe comment and my reply that was deleted.

JoeJoe • 2 days ago
    "Penn National is a disgrace to racing. Shut the track down already. Murray, well done, you must feel so proud. Michael Gill, once a laughing stock at Penn, turns out was 100% right. Thinking there are more indictments to come.."

Equine Avenger • 2 days ago
    I always get a kick out of posters like you defending Gill. Gill was neck deep involved in horse abuse and corruption. He was the John Gotti at the time, later becoming a Sammy Gravano like informant once Penn National no longer allowed him to play his game and kicked him out. He had well over 250 horses in training and was involved in high scale dangerous criminal activity that was getting riders hurt and horses killed.

He employed Murray Rojas(and other unethical trainers all willing to do what he DEMANDED of them), and all were using the same vets. He even had these same vets out to Elk Creek ranch late at night numbing feet, blocking ankles, knees, hocks and cutting throats. And we wont even get into the drug abuse end of it.

Then again, let's just say that horses were administered three or four syringes of various drugs(by assistant trainers/foreman's) the morning that they were to race before they were loaded on to a horse trailer and shipped over to the races. Once they arrived at the receiving barns, these same vets(carefully watching out for security or the state vet), would then administered another two or three syringes of various drugs....besides Lasix. And at times, some horses were injected into the throat area straight into the trachea. Milkshaking was also practiced when Gill later brought Tony Adamo and Cole Norman in.
    Gill's Penn National vets were the worst, but his Parx vet was right in with it as well.

3 members found this post helpful.

Anybody remember this?
    http://www.dauphinc.org/grandjury/Re...and%20Jury.pdf
    I can't help but wonder what, if any of these recommendations has that Racing Commission acted on?
    Has any of their investigations ever even happened much less amounted to anything?
    Michael Gill-2010

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by suffolk2002 View Post
    That is laughable. Matter of fact they didn't as I recall start that happy, happy, happy BS until this:
    http://fox43.com/2015/05/30/on-strik...e-picket-line/
    This is going on 7 months now and these folks are still without a contract.
    Great employer huh
    Michael Gill-2010