The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Three! very nice TB mares available for lease or more--Western WA state

I have two beautiful TB mares located in western Washington state. Both came out of less-than-stellar circumstances but are thriving. At the time I was more concerned about getting them good food and care than I was about their future or use. So I am willing to consider a perfect placement for one of both of them.

Secret Advice R. N
    Hansel X Secret Advice - Secreto
    1995 dark bay mare, approx. 15.3
    Stakes winning mare with stakes-winning offspring
    Gorgeous hunter movement, sweet and willing on the ground
    Have NO idea if she was ridden after the track
    She is recovering from a wire cut that has left a scar on her hind leg but has not affected her soundness, even when it was fresh.
    She has colicked several times since I have owned her (1-1/2 years) but I have made dietary and management changes that have kept her -- knock wood -- free of tummy upset for quite a while now. Alfalfa, yeast in her food, and sparkling clean water all the time (even though she is a hay dunker!) are the keys.

Catch the Magic
    Matricule X Mystic Power - Consigliere
    2007 dark bay filly. 16.0-16.1 and growing
    Barely started at the track when she kicked a stall and cracked her left hind sesamoid. According to attending vet it was minor and he expected she would heal 100%. She has shown no signs of lameness since I have had her.

For both I would prefer a riding/training home to a broodmare home. I would love to breed both of them myself but don't want that to be their only career opportunity. Secret, though 15, is oozing with talent. The filly has potential plus.

I will be incredibly selective about homes for these girls so if you are interested please wow me with your mad horse care skillz!
    Last edited by JoZ; Oct. 27, 2011 at 02:08 PM.
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way. - Virginia Woolf

Did you know that if you say the word "GULLIBLE" really softly, it sounds like "ORANGES"?

JoZ is online now Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

Bumping this -- these lovely ladies are still available! Also have:

Piacere
    Consigliere X Heddy Weed - Matricule
    2008 blood bay mare, approx. 15.2
    Pretty, calm, solid filly, ready to start

I have been putting training on my "excess" horses and trying to get them placed, but that is a slow process. Hence I'm a bit behind on these three mares and don't want their futures or careers to suffer because I don't have a bottomless wallet.

I would prefer a lease situation to start, so that I can be sure that the fit and care are good. But I am sure that an attractive permanent solution can be arranged when appropriate. Thanks.
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way. - Virginia Woolf

Did you know that if you say the word "GULLIBLE" really softly, it sounds like "ORANGES"?