The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Free Dutch warmblood--MA

I have just found out that I am being laid off from the job I have had for the past 9 years, and have found myself in a heartbreaking situation. I have an unregistered Dutch Warmblood gelding, 9 years old, 15.3, very very sweet, no vices, gorgeous gaits. He has had a suspensory injury in the left front leg, and was given a platelet injected plasma injection this fall, which seems to have worked very well. In the course of coming back slowly into work, however, he has injured something in the right hind, and the vet is coming back to re-check him tomorrow. We injected the stifle, but that seems not have worked. I will know more about what is going on tomorrow, and would be happy to supply that information once I find out.

I can no longer afford to pay for both the vet bills and board, and would be happy to help with vet bills wherever he goes. He is a beautiful mover, and with some additional rehab, will make someone an incredible dressage horse. He's not spooky at all.

Please refrain from judgments or criticism about my horse ownership. Please understand I am heartbroken. I have drained my savings to give this horse the best vet care for his injuries and can no longer pay for both the board and the vet bills, or I would never consider giving up this horse. He will be sound and a wonderful partner for someone. My email address is on my profile. Please contact me if you are interested, or have any suggestions about what I can do for him..

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}} - I understand what you're going through. Hoping you find him a great hom.

You could pasture board him at Historic Long Branch in VA until you get back on your feet. It's $180 a month. I bet he would benefit as well.

Location?
    Y'all ain't right!

Big ((((((hugs)))))))) to you. Can't help but hope you find something that works. It's a heartbreaking thing.