The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Camden County, NJ

HR on a tangent.

Well, on another non HR forum I heard the county is in the process/sold the property the 4H club and a Martial Arts club share. The Martial Arts folks are now of course looking for a new place.

To keep it horse related, a parcel sans building was mentioned, I guess OK for 4H meets, not perfect. My question now - I am not in any way involved (too far away ) - how does the lay of the land look around Blackwood? Is there a good 'inventory' of barns or the likes?
    (the Martial Arts club utilized what would in essence be the hayloft...)

It's more of a theoretical question, but these guys could use a hand - both clubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

My daughter earned her black belt in that building!!

Unfortunately, we had to drop her off at 3:30 am for the test and they forced the parents to leave, so I didn't get to see much of the surrounding area.

IIRC, that area of Camden County is fairly developed. I'm not sure that there's as much farmland as there was 10-15 years ago.

Are you asking for a new place for the 4-H club to meet or for competitions?

I'm from Burlington County, so not as familiar with the area. Hopefully some Camden County folks will chime in.

Wishing the two clubs good luck. It is a shame how fast South Jersey is losing farmland and open spaces.

I grew up in Cherry Hill (Camden County) and Blackwood was pretty run down when I lived there 25 years ago. And pretty developed. Can't imagine it's any better now.

That was from a Martial Arts forum, I just figured since I can sneak it in under HR I ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.