The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by wendy View Post
    know a small barn owner who fenced most of the pasture in with- get this- string and plastic bags. One thin strand of easily broken string strung at approximate horse mid-chest height with a piece of white plastic bag tied to it every five or so feet. She said it kept the horses in just as well as anything else she'd ever tried, and none of them had managed to injure themselves on it.
    I've actually seen this done too. Granted, it was inside regular fencing, to section off areas of pasture... but apparently never had any problems with it... but it wouldn't last for 30 seconds with my boys though...

How's she doing today?

BTW, Mikey agreed to come out Saturday and do abit of groundwork/ manners stuff with her, if you think she's up to it.
    View my photographs at www.horsephotoguy.zenfolio.com

Outside Ocala FL - Horse Capital of the World

Jingles for a full recovery. Don't blame yourself, these magnificent fragile animals can injure themselves on nothing at all. I lost a 2-year old gelding to a broken leg, it just broke while he was out running in the pasture, no hole, no kicking, just snapped. The vet said, sometimes these things just happen, no matter how much we do to try to keep them safe.
    There are friends and faces that may be forgotten, but there are horses that never will be. - Andy Adams

Jingles continue for your mare ~ bumping for an update ~ Jingle Jingle Jingle & AO ~ AO ~ AO Always Optimistic !
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Jingles for sure. I used the welded wire cattle panels to fence in my backyard for the dogs because I didn't have to have corner posts. Sometimes it's a wonder to me that horses as a species have survived like they have.

Quote Originally Posted by threedogpack View Post
    Jingles for sure. I used the welded wire cattle panels to fence in my backyard for the dogs because I didn't have to have corner posts. Sometimes it's a wonder to me that horses as a species have survived like they have.
    This is a ZOMBIE thread...just in time for Halloween.

StG

Quote Originally Posted by wendy View Post
    know a small barn owner who fenced most of the pasture in with- get this- string and plastic bags. One thin strand of easily broken string strung at approximate horse mid-chest height with a piece of white plastic bag tied to it every five or so feet. She said it kept the horses in just as well as anything else she'd ever tried, and none of them had managed to injure themselves on it.
    I know someone who uses your standard electric tape fence with capped T-posts. It's intermittently, if ever, charged, and her horses don't ever test it.
    You have to have experiences to gain experience.

Proudly owned by Mythic Feronia, 1998 Morgan mare; G-dspeed Trump & Minnie; welcome 2014 Morgan filly MtnTop FlyWithMeJosephine

No kidding this is a Zombie thread. I haven't had that mare for years and haven't lived on that farm for 18 months! How on earth did this get resurrected?

Quote Originally Posted by Kate66 View Post
    No kidding this is a Zombie thread. I haven't had that mare for years and haven't lived on that farm for 18 months! How on earth did this get resurrected?
    I'm betting it showed up in the new "similar threads" box below...I have the feeling we will be seeing a lot of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate66 View Post
    So did she recover?