The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Old-school saddle people: "Hermes Prix de Saute" & "Art Saddlery"?

I can't remember if I ever posted this question before, but I did a search and didn't find it, so...

I have a saddle which I am 99% sure is your basic older plain flap Crump Prix de Saute; it has a Crump plate by the stirrup bar. However, the saddle is also stamped "Hermes Prix de Saute." Any thoughts? I was told that it means it was styled after the Hermes saddles of the time; can anyone verify this?

In an oval-ish stamp, I was also able to make out the words "Art Saddlery" and "Paul somebody"... any thoughts on this?

Thanks so much!
    Founder, Higher Standards Leather Care Addicts Anonymous
    Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Prix de Saute is a Crump brand. My daughter rode in hers until she got a Bevel saddle this year! (24 years worth! LOL!) The Hermes on there is a question I cna't answer! There was a saddle shop in the South Park area of Pittsburgh called "Arts Saddlery" and was owned by Paul Belichner-my spelling on that is not correct!