The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thank you for that reassurance Willem. I have 2 who will be telling me soon and I hope they tell me clearly and strongly - I don't want them to suffer because I didn't hear them.

Willem: Us peeps cry because we still miss those that be with you at the bridge. Sometimes we do not take the time to feel they are still with us. Or maybe we try too hard to feel them and are wanting it too much. Maybe your words will help us to be quiet and just listen? Or maybe Bear needs special ed in that "visiting" class too? For I stare out at the Northwest like he used to stare, but still I don't see. And that makes me sad. And it is a sadness for me, because I do know he is OK with you and all his friends old and new. I just wish that all of my thoughts of him were only the happy ones and not the missing him that is still so strong. Maybe you could help him out with the visting classes?
    I\'m not crazy. I\'m just a little unwell.

Willem you are just the bestest!! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

Ever time I hear Santana I think of you and I smile.
    =*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*
    ~Jilltx~

Dearest Willem: How timely, and thank you. My dearest friend Shamus will be joinig you tomorrow at the bridge. He is my dog for the last 15 years. The bridge has been calling for him and I have been fighting those calls every day. Today, we finally made the call for my horse vet to come and assist him to the bridge where he will re-gain his sight, his hearing, his happiness....

dear Willem...please take good care of him.Please also make sure he understands that I was not there because my heart would just not allow it. It is not that I don't LOFF him anymore. He will be a great friend for you and all of the others at the bridge. He loffs popcorn and would want you to know that you should not be offended if you tell him to go to bed and he growls out you the whole way!ANd please help him understand I only did what I thought was best for him.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE \"OMGiH I LOFF MY MARE\" CLIQUE

Some times you don't nott to know we be mit you, aber trust me wenn I say that we do. Mebbe you feel little breeze wenn die trees they don't nott to be moving, or little nudge in your back und there don't nott to be nothing behind you. This it be us.

Mannie of you like Castlegate and mannie mannie others you haff friends wot they be coming to der Bridge verrie soon. All I can to tell you is that I be verrie sorrie that you be sad, but wenn you let us go we loff you becose you be gifting us der best gift von all, der gift off ein gentle passing. We never think "Oh, this it be too late," or "This it be too early." Wenn you gift us this, it be der right time. But don't nott to dicken a-round with heroic thingies, we don't nott want no heroics iffen we haff all ready sayed "This it be time."

I promise you that der friends like me wot haff all ready passed, we meet der new friends wot they come to us. This it be der place mit loff. There be loff here. Und, you know what, it be SUCH ein giant co-inky-dinky, but we ALL haff haffed der best mother and father in der whole world! All of us!
    ------------------------
    I haff sayed this be fore, I be ein German horse und this it be straight from mein mouth.

Just Outside of Dallas - California to be exact

If tears could build a stairway

And memories a lane,

We would walk right up to Heaven

To be with them again.

~ ~ ~ ~

Pearl: (Grumble, grumble, grumble) I walk ALL the way up those stairs and who do they send to welcome me? The most handsom Willem! That magnifcent red horse stood there surrounded by the purest light and wonderfully warm feeling of LOFF and Welcome Home!! Of course, royalty such as I deserved no less, but they could have at least put in an escalator!
    Be kind to the animals for they are the True Innocents!
    True Innocents Equine Rescue: www.tierrescue.org
    Join us on Facebook!

Willem, you were always quite a guy! There are tears on my cheeks but they are there because you have brought me great joy. I do give thanks for every moment with every one of my wonderful friends that are with you at the Bridge, and for those they sent to be with me now in their stead. Thank you for the kind and reassuring words, Willem, you are quite the ambassador!
    \"just remember this my girl, when you look up in the sky, you can see the stars but still not see the light.\" -The Eagles (song by J. Tempchin/R. Stradlund)

http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_frown.gif http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...s/sadsmile.gif http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

Thank you Willem! It was beautiful!

Say hi to Sebastian, my fuzzy wuzzy doggie for me! http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...s/sadsmile.gif Tell him I still think of him everyday and that we will play together yet again!
    Member of: \"Short,Stubby Leg Clique\" \"Riders of Rohan\" \"Riders with Broken Tailbones Clique\" \"Canadian Clique\"
    http://community.webshots.com/user/bugaboo222
    **New pics added Nov. 24/07**

http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/yes.gifthank Willem...........i may need to buy shares in Kleenex,but i'm smiling.
    mm

Dear Willem,
    You might see two dogs at the bridge: a funny looking red-and-white spotted aussie shepherd, Harley. He's the one who keeps trying you all to STAY TOGETHER!!! And who keeps saying "NO ROUGH-HOUSING". A lovely rottie-cross girl, Lug Nut ("I still have my girlish figure!"), will be with him, chasing all the little animals and generally making trouble.
    They are the canine loves of my life, and both left me within 5 months of each other last year.
    Tell them I love them, and think of them always.

xoxoxo
    A

Leaking...I'm leaking!
    Do not take anything to heart. Do not hanker after signs of progress. Founder of the Riders with Fibromyalgia clique.

Thank you Willem. I'm sniffling now too, but its just something us peeps do. http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...s/sadsmile.gif

Give my best to Wally and Marco and all the others.

Willem, thank you so much for your message from the bridge. I have occasionally been visited by the yellowhorse but haven't heard from her in a while and la canina bruna keeps sending me stuff, mostly stray cats and dogs. I've tried to tell her she can stop now but she says it will take many dogs and cats to fill her space on earth, she always thought highly of herself. You might run into her at the ice cream stand with a man named Frank, that's where they hang out, she says when a new soul shows up, her and Frank give them ice cream. I believe she gives directions to my house out to special dogs and cats that are lost, I also think she might have mistaken some goats for dogs since they seem to be piling up here also.
    Thanks again, it's been a little gloomy for me lately since the yellowhorse's best earthly horse friend is limping around and I have wondered about her but I am comforted knowing that if it be time, they will be together again.
    A fat middle aged woman on a big headed horse.

Willem, thank you so much for your message. My sweet old kitty is ill; it's not time yet, but when it is, I will hold your words close. Happy thanksgiving--s.
    Under carefully controlled conditions of breeding, training, and care, a horse will do whatever it damn well pleases.

Willem, schatzi,

It be zo nice to hear from you. I know you must be having eine sehr gut time mit all die neu friends (und shatzis). We have all beed missing you (extra von me) und alles our friends who haf got to die bridge. It beed zo nice for you to be telling us of die happiness und loff there.

Say hi to Tami und Aero from me.

xoxoxoxoxox

Dorina

ps wenn do I be getting meine ice cream maker back?

Thank you Willem.
    Tell TC to keep winning those races.
    Race training and retraining Thoroughbreds.

Danke - das ist zer gutte Herr Willem.
    I am trying to make a decision on a very, very much loved feline best buddy who has been there for me through thick and thin. While I know the end is coming, I am very torn and unsure about timing.
    This helps.

Willem, as always, you have brought a smile to my lips, and a tear to my eye. http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...s/sadsmile.gif

Riggs, I'm sorry to hear your news. But you'll know when it's time, you'll just know. And then it won't be a hard decision anymore.
    LESS HARD WORK, MORE FINE DINING!™
    complicate, obfuscate, prevaricate.

Crying, crying...I guess I've needed to.

Thank you Willem. WE loff your modder too. Please have a beer with Dutchman. I know Cinnabar's taken you out one too many times as well.

http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...s/sadsmile.gif

Willem, how good to hear from you. I miss your wise advise and smart remarks every time I am on this board. I have a small favor to ask. I had a wonderful Rottie until August when he was invited to the bridge. I miss him very much. There is a lady here who says that she can see him following me. I hope he is staying because he wants too, but if he is here because of my pain, will you tell Rock he can go on to that better place?? I'll be okay until we are together again. Thanks.