The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

This topic was brought up on another board, and we found one example of it happening. Has anyone else met a sex crazed horse that feels the need to choke his chickens on occasion? The topic came up because I witnessed my barn's JRT going at it with himself a couple of mornings ago, and as it turns out the board also has a budgie and a rooster with special friends. Has anyone else witnessed this phenomenon?

Because at the point where you can comprehend how incomprehensible it all is, you're about as smart as you need to be. - Trudy The Search For Signs....
    Because at the point where you can comprehend how incomprehensible it all is, you\'re about as smart as you need to be. - Trudy The Search For Signs....

This topic was brought up on another board, and we found one example of it happening. Has anyone else met a sex crazed horse that feels the need to choke his chickens on occasion? The topic came up because I witnessed my barn's JRT going at it with himself a couple of mornings ago, and as it turns out the board also has a budgie and a rooster with special friends. Has anyone else witnessed this phenomenon?

Because at the point where you can comprehend how incomprehensible it all is, you're about as smart as you need to be. - Trudy The Search For Signs....
    Because at the point where you can comprehend how incomprehensible it all is, you\'re about as smart as you need to be. - Trudy The Search For Signs....

Actually, yes! I've seen one rock his hips back and forth, hitting himself in the stomach! He was a gelding, but a very studish one.

Fairly common for stallions to do this.

Yep, mares too.

aaaaaand, now my Ms don't work... ost of the tie...

It's actually got a chapter in the "Why Does My Horse...." book. I was a little bit mortified at first, but apprarently it's a legit topic.

martha

Proud member of the * Hoof Fetish Clique *

I got an album....started at least! http://community.webshots.com/user/mcmiv
    Proud member of the * Hoof Fetish & the NervousNellieWorryWart* cliques!

12th floor of the Acme building in a city that knows how to keep it's secrets.

Sadly, yes. Tail braiding seems to encourage it. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...n_rolleyes.gif

Just because you're not paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    You will not rise to the occasion, you will default to your level of training.

Several studies have found that the majority of stallions will masturbate approx. 6 times a day. Lots of geldings will do so while being groomed, etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Daventry Farms
    www.daventryfarms.com
    Quality sport horses and ponies!
    www.DaventryEquestrian.com
    Home of Welsh Pony, ISR/Oldenburg & RPSI stallions Daventry's Power Play, Goldhills Brandysnap LOM & Alvesta Picasso
    Also home to www.EquineAppraisers.com

We have a gelding that ejaculates! This amazed me.

www.rougelandfarm.com Home of TB stallion Alae Rouge, sire of our filly Rose, ribbon-winner on the line at Dressage at Devon.

IRL people know me as a reserved, polite little girl who would blush when using any word related to "sex" in a conversation.

So imagine me a few years ago when I began lessons at a new dressage barn. I was going to be riding a stallion school master and was grooming him on the Xties.

I noticed he had dropped, but being the sensitive, embarresed girl that I was/am I didn't dare make him put it up so I just hoped no one would walk by.

Of course the stiffening and flapping the stomach begins. I'm now looking in every direction hoping that my trainer (who intimidates me terrily!) doesn't walk by.

All of a sudden the horse ejaculates a stream right through is front legs. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...s/icon_eek.gif I was mortified!! I stood holding the brush and staring at the horse in horror thinking I had done something very wrong!

Now that I've been there a while I know the ropes better and actually this guy in particular is very smart. I wouldn't put it passed him to do something like this just because it was my first time riding him. He is like that.

-------
    "I won't use words again,
    They don't mean what I meant.
    They don't say what I said."
    -Susan Vega

~Santa Barbara County~ CA Clique, Vertically Gifted Clique & AAAA Clique

My 'gelding' does all the time. My trainer thinks he is proud cut.

www.clospepe.com

Yep. I've ridden a stallion and a gelding that did the "stomach banging" thing. The stallion's was particularly embarrassing. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...n_rolleyes.gif Do you really think they "know" what they're doing, or just scratching an itch, so to speak? Also, while I know grooming is relaxing, horses don't generally do any mutual-grooming prior to mating. What's the link? http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...n_confused.gif

I used to work with a QH stallion who did it all of the time. It seemed like every time I saw him, he was doing it. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...s/icon_eek.gif

~Amy, Bugs and Frodo~
    ~Amy~ TrakehNERD clique
    *Bugs 5/86-3/10 OTTB Mare* RIP lovely Lady, I miss you
    *Frodo '03 Anglo Trakehner Gelding*
    My Facebook

im a parent in denial..lol

After years of being in TB breeding, I just found out last year that the famous stallion named Woodman (out of "Playmate") was NOT named that because he was in the logging trade....

Boy did I feel stupid that I seemed to be the only one who had not figured that out.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I CAN spell, I just can't type and I am too blind to proofread InfoPop's teeny tiny font. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif
    Don't Worry About Hurting My Feelings Because I Guarantee You, Not One Bit Of My Self Esteem Is Tied Up In Your Acceptance.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sbt78lw:
    horses don't generally do any mutual-grooming prior to mating. What's the link? http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...n_confused.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, quite a few do, if given the time and space. My stallions are sometimes a pain because they seem to get really involved in the "foreplay" aspect. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...n_rolleyes.gif

When left in the pasture with his mares, my oldest stallion quite often tries to get them to "party" with him by starting up a grooming session.

Founder of the Olde Farte Clique
    If it ain't tack shopping, it's a waste of time and money.
    Founder of the Olde Farte Clique

Southern California - on a freeway someplace

I know of a stallion who does it by running his lips up and down the, um, organ in question (trying to keep board vaguely PG rated). We can tell when he's engaged in this pursuit as he makes a high pitched squealing noise

My young gelding thinks this is a very appropriate behavior every morning after he's had his bucket and before his hay.

I know of a Peruvian Paso breeder that would have to slip a ring on her stud's penis so that he couldn't ejaculate. Apparently when it's a breeding horse they don't want him to waste anything ???

At least they don't hog up the bathroom to do it...

I have to say, good for them. I'm glad they get their rocks off, although it does look a little strange...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Has anyone else met a sex crazed horse that feels the need to choke his chickens on occasion? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Well, aren't you the queen of the politically correct statement?!?! That is just about the funniest thing I have ever read. http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/lol.gif

If Walmart is lowering prices every day,
    how come nothing is free yet?

Help control the pet population- Spay and Neuter your pets!