The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 113 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Here is Will's transformation:

Picture from BB:
    http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/u...illHeCome1.jpg

Last Summer:
    http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/u...liamTrotUS.jpg

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/u...liamCreek1.jpg

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/u...mFrontJune.jpg

First Jump:
    http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/u...mFirstJump.jpg

I usually ride alone, so it is hard to get pictures taken. Nothing much phases him; he is a very honest fellow!

Great photos! Keep 'em coming! My Number and I had our first anniversary together yesterday. Every day with him is a gift.

Wonderful photos and stories already and I'm enjoyed reading and viewing all of them.

But caryledee, please, please, please wear a helmet. I know you're a great person from all the help on the Karakorum Patriot issue. I don't want to see anyone get hurt.

And please don't take offense. I know how it is if people bug you about something having been a smoker for 40+ yrs and getting bugged about that. But I'm a helmet nazi and a just a little old lady (ok, tough old broad ) that is a great worrier. I inherited the 'worrier bit' from my Mother along with hot flashes to the day I die.

The plea for wearing a helmet always goes for anyone.
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

I wore a helmet just to lean over Lucky's back yesterday. (It was even more useful when he turned around and tried to bop me in the head while doing his feet!) Though it occured to me that he is probably very used to people standing above his eye level and fussing over him like the mounting block--he'd have had gate crew doing that for years.

I need Mom to come down with the digital camera and get some pictures so I can post them. While his ad photos were great they really don't show, for example, either how tall he really is, or how refined a head he has.

Quote Originally Posted by msj View Post
    Wonderful photos and stories already and I'm enjoyed reading and viewing all of them.

But caryledee, please, please, please wear a helmet. I know you're a great person from all the help on the Karakorum Patriot issue. I don't want to see anyone get hurt.

And please don't take offense. I know how it is if people bug you about something having been a smoker for 40+ yrs and getting bugged about that. But I'm a helmet nazi and a just a little old lady (ok, tough old broad ) that is a great worrier. I inherited the 'worrier bit' from my Mother along with hot flashes to the day I die.

The plea for wearing a helmet always goes for anyone.
    Thanks Mom!! Just kidding; I actually am fanatical about always wearing one. On that day, we shipped out to the horse park and I forgot to pack it. My friend and I had *finally* arranged a time where she could take some sale pics and I didn't have time to run home and get it. Since Will is such a good boy, I decided to go ahead with the ride. But I didn't jump anything bigger than that little log because of that.

That was the only time I rode last year without a helmet!

Nightintheslammer photo...

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...LAMMERS014.jpg

Hopefully this link will work!

Quote Originally Posted by MintHillFarm View Post

Awwww! Look at those big, soft eyes!!!!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by caryledee View Post
    Thanks Mom!! Just kidding; I actually am fanatical about always wearing one. On that day, we shipped out to the horse park and I forgot to pack it. My friend and I had *finally* arranged a time where she could take some sale pics and I didn't have time to run home and get it. Since Will is such a good boy, I decided to go ahead with the ride. But I didn't jump anything bigger than that little log because of that.

That was the only time I rode last year without a helmet!
    Alright kid! You're off the hook!
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by MintHillFarm View Post

Aww...he looks like a total sweetheart!

Default Pictures!!!

Chequer and Red Tail's Wish haven't been here quite a week, but it's like they've been here forever

Chequer is absolutely the sweetest, biggest love bug ever. We discovered his scritch spot is his poll - he'll bury his head in my chest and fall asleep if you rub his poll. I had him out yesterday in the nice weather (only on a lead) working on 'whoa' and we did some yielding to my hand. Asked him to stand quietly while I stood at the mounting block. He is such a nice horse to work with and he is going to pick things up SO quickly. He'll have a couple more weeks here at my farm, then I'll move him over to the boarding barn where I'll be able to work with him more consistently as they have an indoor. Days get dark too early and the weather turned crappy to soon I can't wait to do more with him - he is so cool.

In just a few days I can see RTW (Gracie) changing. She's figuring out what people love is - her favorite spot is her lower lip. She is a very dainty filly and her nicker is just as dainty. She is nickering quite a bit now. She's still not 100% happy in T/O, but every day gets better. Yesterday I spent about an hour working on loading - got her front feet on the ramp where she ate her grain and stood quietly. She backed off when I asked her to. We'll work again when the weather is nice. She is scared with someone standing ON the mounting block next to her. Delana can stand on the first step, but if she gets any higher, the filly gets panicky. We'll continue to work on that too. I just know that this filly is going to make a complete turnabout and when she bonds, she will be completely loyal and steadfast.

First couple of days they were in adjoining paddocks, but they stood in the corners next to each other, so I opened the gate so they could be together and they get along wonderfully. They eat hay out of the same pile - it's cute.

Any ways, here are some pictures - I'll be adding to this album as we go, kind of a photo documentary I guess.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...3&l=1281274cba

Hey Suzanne, I'm overjoyed to read all of this and see the pictures! I couldn't be happier for you, Delana and your new projects! Chequer Cat is indeed a love-bug, which I told everyone who'd listen!

Will eagerly anticipate updates!

Margie, I can't thank you enough for showing him to me. He's a wonderful horse. Although i can't help feeling a smidge guilty because that meant not taking Somewhereinbetween

Wow, CGH, look at the little grey girl! She is actually relaxed enough to roll! This is why we do this, to see the Finger Lakes horses find loving new homes like yours.

Thank you from the bottom of all of our hearts for giving these two such a good second home.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

Hey, I"m kicking myself looking at Carr Ride still sitting there, but while I can afford to BUY another horse (especially one who's free!), I haven't got any place to put one, and Lucky was overall the right choice. So don't feel too bad about having to choose--you're not the only one!

She's not here yet, and I don't want to jinx anything but...Somewhereinbetween is supposed to leave tomorrow morning and arrive at my barn tomorrow afternoon! I am VERY excited and that's putting it mildly Don't feel bad CGH, she didn't get to come home with you, but I'm getting the filly I've wanted for a while now and just didn't think I could swing it. I think, with horses, everything happens for a reason.
    WestWind Farms
    Love means attention, which means looking after the things we love. We call this stable management.
    - George H. Morris

Ishi, I've been waiting for you to spill the beans! Woohoo!
    RIP Spider Murphy 4/20/02 - 10/31/10

ISHI, Somewhere is on the Friday load. It's been confusing, but I think I'm getting it now. I'm going to get Somewhere into my barn tomorrow morning until she ships out on Friday. She will be in good company and if the horses have any sense, should dish about where they've been and where they're going! She'll be making neighbors with Stellaspeed's three: With Spirit, Rockalady and Devilshire.

It's probably better that she's on the Friday load as the weather tomorrow is looking crappy. We've been so fortunate with weather, but why-oh-why couldn't this hideous weather wait another 4 days? Oy! I'm going to be nervous until I know that everyone is delivered safe and sound.

That's great news, Ishi! COTH is cleaning out Finger Lakes this year....

Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    That's great news, Ishi! COTH is cleaning out Finger Lakes this year....
    And, those of us who works so closely with these Finger Lakes horses couldn't be happier about that!
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

ISHI, Friday he's yours! Jody has been terrific. We've been exchanging many laughs over senior monents because of the volume of traffic we're coordinating! I'm happy to care for the stragglers until they get shipped out.

Somewhere is on the Friday shipment. Can you handle another day??!!??