The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default CSI: Equine or Law & Order: COTH ?

There have been a number of threads/incidents which would make awesome stories for an equine version of CSI or Law & Order - CSI would probably be more fun though! I bet we can easily come up with 20 stories for a first season and it wouldn't be too difficult to get that golden 100 so we could go into sydication & rake in the big bucks.

Which are your picks? There are the current posts about the vet school mixup which turned out to be a clerical error, but what if it were more sinister? And there's the embryo transplant mystery foal ... what if it was Zenyatta's love child with Secretariat?
    Delicious strawberry flavored death!

How about the chestnut bred to the chestnut(at a large stallion breeding facility) that produced a bay foal.

Dawn

Don't forget the FL Horse Saga!

Yeah, but..."CSI science" is "TV science" and "TV science" is to "science" as "reality TV" is to "reality."

Not that CSI is not entertaining (it is), it's just that it's also as real as flying saucers, hunted ghosts, the stargates.

G.

I would think Law and Order would last longer. CSI is way more entertaining, but don't people getted offed in every episode. There is some stories of that happening (FL butcher ring) but I would think with all the land, contract, boarding disputes a Law and Order type might have more to it.

Sry, but Zenyata's foal by Secretariat would be a line of 'As the Barn Turns'

Missing horse women.... ()

Stalkers
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilherme View Post
    Not that CSI is not entertaining (it is), it's just that it's also as real as flying saucers, hunted ghosts, the stargates.

G.
    The Stargate's not Real?

Pout. Whine. I wanted to go to P39653 for the holidays ....

*star*
    "Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit."
    - Desiderata, (c) Max Ehrman, 1926
    RIP Carleigh 1999-2011

Good Guinness needs to make an appearance too
    "My shopping list is getting long but I will add the marshmallows right below the napalm." -Weighaton

Quote Originally Posted by lcw579 View Post
    Don't forget the FL Horse Saga!
    That could be the arc for season one! Then the person in FL who had to move because she was being abused by the landlord who wound up going to Texas and telling the same story about the person who rescued her could be the arc for season two!

Yeah, but..."CSI science" is "TV science" and "TV science" is to "science" as "reality TV" is to "reality."

I snort at your reality! You mean my dog, Teal'c is not named after a real guy who used to have a symbiote larvae & a gold symbol on his forehead?

Reality/schmeality.

I would think Law and Order would last longer. CSI is way more entertaining, but don't people getted offed in every episode.
    Perhaps we need to do sort of a hybrid and cross breed the two to come up with something totally different.

Mystery Horse! doesn't cut it.

Any good ideas for titles?

Cold Case actually just did an episode about jockeys and briefly touched on horse slaughter...it wasn't bad

But I agree that most of the twisted stuff people seem to post about on the board belongs on Law and Order. Definitely.

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

Well, my first posts on here lo these many years ago would make a great TV episode. My horse was leased, the lessee told me he died, I investigated with local vets/renderers and found he was actually being sold to a buyer in Canada. I used the state Brand Inspector, my wits and some wonderful Canadian COTHrs to find and retrieve him (at great personal expense--lesson learned!) It was a horrible time made bearable by the good folk on COTH.
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

Quote Originally Posted by Calvincrowe View Post
    Well, my first posts on here lo these many years ago would make a great TV episode. My horse was leased, the lessee told me he died, I investigated with local vets/renderers and found he was actually being sold to a buyer in Canada. I used the state Brand Inspector, my wits and some wonderful Canadian COTHrs to find and retrieve him (at great personal expense--lesson learned!) It was a horrible time made bearable by the good folk on COTH.
    The first episode!
    Last edited by cloudyandcallie; Nov. 18, 2009 at 07:48 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by LearnToFly View Post
    Good Guinness needs to make an appearance too
    This would be the 2nd episode: hey wait! Where is he and where is the imposter? And the crazy crayola trainer.

And what good would a horsey mystery series be without a 'child in my pasture' episode?

Well, of course, Law & Order did a riff on Mrs. Brach/horses killed for insurance. It was just re-run last weekend.

And CSI did a drug smuggling number, though the horse, supposedly a great jumper mare, sure didn't look much like one. LOL And, of course, the horse ended up dead so it could be necropsied and ...oooooh....drugs!!!!! Naughty vet!!

If an episode needs any red herrings there is the horse who can escape from his stall and let all the others out too.
    I think you (we?) are on to something!
    I like L&O more anyway

Quote Originally Posted by EponaRoan View Post
    And what good would a horsey mystery series be without a 'child in my pasture' episode?
    Would that mean I got royalties?
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by kookicat View Post
    Would that mean I got royalties?
    Naw, we're going to go with the "ripped from the headlines" but not based on any real person(s) disclaimer so we can avoid royalties and lawsuits.

Don't forget the CSI Miami episode where we learned that every professional horse trainer carries a captive bolt gun in their trailer.

I probably should also note that "Law and Order law" is to "law" as "Survivor: Whereever" is to "wilderness survival."

Maybe we should just turn the whole project over to R. Lee Ermy and let him blow stuff up from horseback.

G.