The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Default Ridesharing / trailerpooling--Anybody going my way?

Time for a new rideshare thread! Here's the old one for reference; feel free to repost here.

Make a clear title of if you have a spot open or one is needed and where you're going or need to go.

This thread is to help everyone defray some gas costs and get where they need to go--NOT to support (or compete with) a real hauling company.

The drivers can receive gas money/expenses and maybe an egg sandwich at the food truck , but should not be asking for/receiving full payment comperable to what a pro hauler would charge.

Hopefully folks will save a few $$ and maybe make new COTH friends in the process.

A little liability clause here: All those offering or seeking rides through this thread or board do so at their own risk and are responsible for knowing applicable laws and insurance issues related to the practice.

Thanks!
    Mod 1

Leaving Friday afternoon from Blacksburg, VA to Cleaveland, OH (Thistle Downs) Returning Saturday morning. If anyone wants a OTTB they usually load the trailer with a variety (apparently they are even sending a pony horse failure paint along this time too). Will post some to give aways on Monday. If you need something shipped let me know and I will leave room.

I am trying to find a ride for 1 horse from southern Maryland, to Roanoke, VA (Bedford)area Dec 1 or around that time.
    ---^v---^v---^v----------------------^v---^v---^v---
    For a moment there, you bored me to death

Quote Originally Posted by pinkme View Post
    I am trying to find a ride for 1 horse from southern Maryland, to Roanoke, VA (Bedford)area Dec 1 or around that time.
    What part of Southern Maryland? I live in Southern Maryland.
    OTTB - Hurricane Denton - Kane AKA Bubble boy
    Boxer - Tugger's - outlasted my marriage

Default Ride available from Woodbine MD to Morven Park & return 10/31

Hello
    I have hired a trailer (comercial hauler) and have empty stalls. This is for anyone who want to go on the VAApHC pleasure trail ride (TROT members are welcome too). The only limit is you must be a member of one of the 2 clubs. Pls PM me for more info. Departing aroun 0730 hrs, returning around 1600hrs (4pm)
    Appy Trails,
    Kathy & Cadet
    member CDCTA www.cdcta.com, TROT www.trot-md.org & Free State Appaloosa Horse Club freestateaphc.org

Quote Originally Posted by AppendixQHLover View Post
    What part of Southern Maryland? I live in Southern Maryland.
    Davidsonville, its about a 4.5hr trip (each way) to Bedford/Roanoke
    ---^v---^v---^v----------------------^v---^v---^v---
    For a moment there, you bored me to death

Hello,

I am looking for transport for my warmblood gelding from Pinellas Park FL to Chapel Hill NC. Looking to have him moved in late November to early December- I am very flexible with time. Can help haul too- I have a v10 F250.

it's not the edge of the earth, but you can see it from here

Default TN to New England?

Trying to see if it's possible even... donated horse needs ride from TN (unsure exact location) to anywhere within 4-5 hrs of Boston.

I can help the horse & the horse can help me, but I can't afford shipping ATM.
    InnisFailte Pinto Sporthorses & Coloured Cobs
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bits are like cats, what's one more? (Petstorejunkie)

amysanimalhaven2006 Guest

Default ride needed for a rescue horse from ny to md

flexible on time date trying to get a special horse in a ny rescue down to maryland to my home .i do not have a whole lot of money to move him but he is very special please e-mail me if you are heading from ny threw md he is going from Manorville, NY 11949 and i am in middle river md 21220 so if you have space in your trailer to help this special boy he is a 16,2 percheron gelding utd and neg coggins

amysanimalhaven2006@yahoo.com

Bernville PA (AC4H) to Penn Valley CA (No CA) Rescue Paso Fino mare need a little time for coggins, health certificate just adopted today 10/22. Possible 4 other Pasos adopted today going to Bonita CA (So CA) Lorrie at onefancysadbred@aol.com Thanks a mil! Change of plans since these horses have been to Hell back. They will be staying at a farm in Meshoppen PA until around Nov 9th to rest and relax. 1 going to Bonita CA and 1 going to Penn Valley Ca
    Last edited by FancyASB; Oct. 24, 2009 at 05:41 PM.

Shipper cancelled last minute due to person cancelling pick up on them. Left my new mare without a ride and she is ready to go. Health cert and a new coggins. They can't get her until mid November, anyone know of any shippers coming down 95? Need her picked up in Brookline, NH and brought to Gordonsville, VA. TIA Sarah
    www.hilltopfarmva.com

Facebook: Hilltop Farm VA

Default NY to Lex KY, Lex KY to NY 10/28-11/2

4 slots from Rochester, NY to Lexington, KY on 10/28 in a 4 horse slant gooseneck.

3 slots available from Lexington, KY to Rochester, NY on 11/2

Reasonable rates. Email me at shwmehrses@aol.com or call me at 315-729-0946

Default Leesburg, VA to Pottstown, PA 10/31/09

I am going to the VA Hunter/Sport Horse sale. I will have at least one spot open on a Trailet straight load to come back to the Reading/Douglassville/Pottstown PA area. I may have two slots open if I don't buy anything.
    I will be going down with an empty trailer on Friday afternoon So I would have slots open for going down too. Or if somebody just wants to ride with me. Truck is a crew cab so plenty of room.
    Last edited by SonnysMom; Oct. 29, 2009 at 06:51 PM.

Default PA/DE area to Ocala/Wellington, FL Area

2 spots available in extra tall extra wide Eby trailer leaving sometime after the 5th or 6th of November. email kv3381@hotmail.com
    Last edited by SummerPiper; Nov. 3, 2009 at 01:36 PM.

If anyone is hauling cross country from VA or PA to California after indoors, PM me. I have a horse I need moved.
    One of a Kind Studio
    Equestrian Art and Portraits
    Landscape Design
    Farm Layout and Design

Default COS to ABQ -- Nov 16- Nov 30 (2 horses)

Looking for spots if anyone is travelling south on I-25.

Default Need a ride - N.E. (Maine) to Kansas

22 year old ASB gelding looking for a ride to his forever home in north central Kansas from Maine. Is anyone with an empty trailer slot coming to the American Royal horse show in Kansas city later this month? I can pick him up from Kansas City and bring him home to north central kansas if you're not coming along Highway 81.

Thanks!

P.S. This horse has been hauled to lots of shows, so should trailer OK and he does have a current coggins.

Default NY to MD and back 11/27

Open spots both ways leaving from New York to Maryland leaving 11/27 and returning 11/28. Can stop anywhere along the way or not too far off the path.

Call Rob (518)339-6418

Default Florida (Ocala) to New York December 6

Open spots from FL (Ocala) to New York or any stops on the route leaving Florida Dec. 6th.

Call Rob (518)339-6418

Default Cleveland to Northern Virginia

Need transport for WB mare from Cleveland area to northern Virginia

Within the next few weeks! (Nov. 15th on)

815-541-4552

THX