The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Its been 3weeks and 2 days...

Since I last rode
    I am going through a slight depression.

BFF rides one of the BO 8 horses (which all but 2 are unused) and has stated BO said I could use one of hers, but BO has never mentioned it to me when we see each other..almost daily...so I don't feel like she really wants me to use one of hers.

*sigh*

Leg injuries!! Why you take so long to heal???!?!??!

How long have you gone without riding? Ever "borrow" a horse while yours in healing?
    if you havent fallen off a horse….then you havent been ridin long enough

I know how you feel. My horse has been lame since Jan. I can go for short trail walks but not much else. I have thought about it but most of those options would require me to pay for a lease or drive a far distance which I don't have time for.

Yikes Morgan...Jan is way long, glad you can at least get on your horse.

I can't even do ground work or lunge line...strict "Go at his own pace"

I have resorted to lunging a friends horse who boards there just to give me time doing something other then grooming
    if you havent fallen off a horse….then you havent been ridin long enough

Why don't YOU talk to the BO? I know my attitude is that I'm not going to beg people to ride my very nice horses, people have to make an effort. She could be simply waiting for you to be woman enough to say " hey BO, BFF said that you have mentioned my being able to ride one of your guys. Is that a possibility? I would really appreciate an opportunity to ride while my guy is laid up!"
    \"In all manners of opinion, our adversaries are insane.\" Mark Twain

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    Why don't YOU talk to the BO? I know my attitude is that I'm not going to beg people to ride my very nice horses, people have to make an effort. She could be simply waiting for you to be woman enough to say " hey BO, BFF said that you have mentioned my being able to ride one of your guys. Is that a possibility? I would really appreciate an opportunity to ride while my guy is laid up!"
    That is what I was thinking! Ask the BO yourself. Weather and ground conditions keep my rides iffy from Dec-Feb. I don't mind too much then :-)

I would talk to your BO as well. I feel your pain though. I couldn't ride for almost 6 months last summer/fall/winter as my guy got a stone bruise that lasted 2 1/2 months, then cut his leg and then got strangles....yeah poor guy. I'm back to not riding again as he is now having GI issues. Yup, I own a problem horse

Oh boy. At some point in MOST horse people's lives, they have to take a break from riding. My break was ~ 4 years while I figured out how to 'adult' got my crap together and moved to Florida on my own. I jumped back into it full force by acquiring a free pony, and the rest is history. Injuries are TOUGH to sit and wait it out when you're out there at the barn doing other horsey stuff...but it could be a LOT worse to take a hiatus and not TOUCH a horse for years!!
    “Working horses is a little like being married. Sometimes you need to adjust and change your plan.”
    Follow Our Journey:
    http://walktrotcanterjump.blogspot.com/