The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Thank you moderators

For creating this new forum! What a super idea!

Yes great idea! I am not exactly "disabled" although I ride with three metal plates in my back and have lost a lot of flexibility due to this. So I understand how disabled riders can use support and a place to discuss their needs! Can be a great learning opportunity for the rest of us!

Quote Originally Posted by shawneeAcres View Post
    Yes great idea! I am not exactly "disabled" although I ride with three metal plates in my back and have lost a lot of flexibility due to this. So I understand how disabled riders can use support and a place to discuss their needs! Can be a great learning opportunity for the rest of us!
    Oh, I think that any disability related to how we may interact with horses is acceptable for discussion here, the way I understand it, even your plates and lack of flexibility.

We all know it is not the kind of disability that is so serious as being life altering, but it is riding altering, so maybe that also does qualify.

Thank you, moderators and all that contributed to starting this forum.

You're very welcome! And yes, thanks definitely also go to Invite and whicker for bringing forth the initial idea.

We absolutely want to extend the welcome to riders contending with a variety of issues. That's one of the reasons the name of the forum is not set in stone. We don't want people to feel excluded by the use of a term like "disabled," "para-equestrian," etc. as a forum title, but we also want it to be very easy to find for folks not already familiar with COTH. That's why we opted for this name as a starting point vs. something more creative and perhaps too esoteric.

We were also a little concerned with making things a little too broad, where it might threaten to turn into a health advice exchange.

We'll let everyone have a chance to get used to the concept and evaluate feedback as it comes in, and we can tweak the title or concept if we need to.

Thanks so much; it's great to see the new forum being so well-received.
    Mod 1

How fantastic! This is really a wonderful idea and huge thanks to everyone involved.
    Sheilah

What a treat to finally get on board today and see this!!! I will let Beth know, if she doesn't know already - this will bring a huge smile to her face!
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Awesome! Thanks to all those who suggested it, and thanks to the Mods for implementing it! <cheer>

Excellent addition to this already GRAND forum !!! Thank You !!!
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Fabu!
    I evented just for the Halibut.

This is right up there with getting to see the Vikings beat the Packers tonight, thanks Mods!

Yes, thank you mods! I love encouraging more traditionally fringe groups to be more activie in our awesome community! Love for horses transcends all else!
    Do not take anything to heart. Do not hanker after signs of progress. Founder of the Riders with Fibromyalgia clique.